• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know your being sarcastic, and I get it. I think most fans general problem with Gee is this, when we saw him call out 1st shift in the playoff game against Pittsburgh, goes out and freakin dominates the 1st minute of play and scores, that was the leader we thought we were getting night in and night out. Unfortunately have never seen that player since, what happened?
So, you thought we were getting the next Gretzky or Messier and Giroux isn't Gretzky or Messier.

Got it.

LOL

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God forbid anyone suggest there could be more to the problem than just Claude f***in Giroux. Could it be that TK is a complete shell of himself? The teams catalyst and most offensively productive player last year? The guy so many said was the new heart and soul of the team? Where the hell has that guy been huh? Giroux must have brainwashed him. Only possible explanation. Because he’s USELESS this year. But it’s gotta be Giroux.

And the goalies putting up like an 82% save percentage in March. Giroux must have put holes in their padding. Had to have been.

JvR’s scoring dried up? Sanheim and Myers taking 4 steps back from where they were last year? Giroux and Giroux. Only explanation. Provorov more of a great #2 instead of a true #1. Giroux probably told him not to show him up.

Every single loss the flyers have had since 1984, Claude Giroux’s fault. Of course. How could anyone suggest otherwise!?
This is just plain silly. You have now provided more excuses than usual.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just plain silly. You have now provided more excuses than usual.

They're not excuses. They're reasons the team sucks. Reasons. Plural. As in, not just Claude Giroux.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A quote i just read in an article "Remember when underachievement was not accepted?"

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know your being sarcastic, and I get it. I think most fans general problem with Gee is this, when we saw him call out 1st shift in the playoff game against Pittsburgh, goes out and freakin dominates the 1st minute of play and scores, that was the leader we thought we were getting night in and night out. Unfortunately have never seen that player since, what happened?
In 2014 he was asked what nhl franchise player he would build a team around and he said “me”. The only player to do so.

that has always stuck in my craw

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2014 he was asked what nhl franchise player he would build a team around and he said “me”. The only player to do so.

that has always stuck in my craw
But this is not all Giroux fault.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I hope they do strip G of the captaincy so we can really find out if he's the sole reason for the franchises shortcomings the past decade. Or if it will just open everyone's eyes to the fact the team just isn't good enough. At least then everyone will have to find a new scape goat.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I hope they do strip G of the captaincy so we can really find out if he's the sole reason for the franchises shortcomings the past decade. Or if it will just open everyone's eyes to the fact the team just isn't good enough. At least then everyone will have to find a new scape goat.
This team just isn’t good enough. Truly hate to take LAS’ side on anything - but this team needs one or two seriously dangerous offensive threats and a shut down D. Sacrifice the third & fourth lines to get them.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strip The C away and keep Couts Prov Farabee Hart and TK until then we have something going on. Until then we will continue to be a middle of the road team.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team just isn’t good enough. Truly hate to take LAS’ side on anything - but this team needs one or two seriously dangerous offensive threats and a shut down D. Sacrifice the third & fourth lines to get them.
Young Jedi The only thing ive ever been wrong about in almost 20K posts is wanting to trade Couts several years back. Besides that im batting 1.000.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problems is that there was a major trickle down by not seeing the true value of Niskanen and making some effort to replace him. Add that the only players that seem to bring it every night are Farabee, Provy, Couts, NAK and Raffl. Something has to change to light a fire under these guys. You can't fire the players, so that leaves the coaches.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to essentially covid19, some of our best, young players have regressed so much so that they are often barely Nhl-worthy players anymore. This is far from irreversible, but I'm talking about guys like Patrick, Lindblom, Konecny, Sanheim, Myers and Hart.

You know they are far better because we've all seen it before and there are still flashes of that, just very infrequently.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problems is that there was a major trickle down by not seeing the true value of Niskanen and making some effort to replace him. Add that the only players that seem to bring it every night are Farabee, Provy, Couts, NAK and Raffl. Something has to change to light a fire under these guys. You can't fire the players, so that leaves the coaches.
We cant fire the players but we can trade them.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If playing a sport you truly love and getting paid millions to do so doesn't motivate, you need to retire today.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If playing a sport you truly love and getting paid millions to do so doesn't motivate, you need to retire today.
I agree with this to a point.

If you are “not allowed” to play the game or have been handcuffed in using all your talents, frustration can set in

even being the “young Jedi” I’ve said previously that you have to have players that match what the “system” asks of you.

AV has a system that has proven somewhat successful but has never won a cup. It is painfully obvious he is not going to adapt to the players, the players have to adapt to him. Those that done’t - have to go.

so we sell big time this year and start populating the roster with his type of player.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laczynski and Sandin called up to the Taxi-Squad. Bunnaman and Twarynski sent to the Phantoms.

I would guess that Laczynski and Sandin are in line to play on Saturday. No other reason to do it. Phantoms also play Saturday and I can't imagine they'd take those guys off the roster to sit in the Philly press box.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laczynski and Sandin called up to the Taxi-Squad. Bunnaman and Twarynski sent to the Phantoms.

I would guess that Laczynski and Sandin are in line to play on Saturday. No other reason to do it. Phantoms also play Saturday and I can't imagine they'd take those guys off the roster to sit in the Philly press box.
Agree. However, we can't assume anything these days with this current regime.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this stage, I don't at all care if they just rotate every fucking player we have available to us into the starting line-up until it sparks something or sends a message that nobody's job is safe.

For fuck sake, Ed Snider must be rolling around in his grave right now. RIP, my good man. Someday we will figure this shit out and make you proud.