• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah. Ghost on waivers today.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghost has been waived :noidea:

Don’t really get that move. But maybe trying to get him claimed to free cap space? And nobody wanted to trade for him? Or at least, not without salary retained and the flyers figured they might as well try to get him gone for free first?

I don’t necessarily think this is the wrong move. But it does make me sad. Good Ghost is one of my favorites :(

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don’t really get that move. But maybe trying to get him claimed to free cap space? And nobody wanted to trade for him? Or at least, not without salary retained and the flyers figured they might as well try to get him gone for free first?

I don’t necessarily think this is the wrong move. But it does make me sad. Good Ghost is one of my favorites :(
He went on a hell of a run when he first came up. I just thought the eventual divorce would lead to some sort of return. I actually think there is a very good chance he gets picked up. Team defense the last few years on the Flyers has pretty much been dreadful, there will be a few organizations out there that think they are strong enough on the back end to use him for what he does best.

Also I am done buying Flyers jerseys. My last 3 purchases:

Ghost
Vinny (moronic purchase)
JVR #21 (sorry Las)

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was by far a stupid move, and I guarantee Fletcher will fuck up more shit. Dude had value and all it means to me is they are gonna try and make this team better with crap that's available out there. Watch, you'll see I'm right. Hope Ghost comes to Colorado.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There’s a part two to this move. He gets picked up, a trade occurs

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think they should get rid of Gee as you stated we wont get the value back for him that we should. Plus hes still a good player

Im in favor of taking the C off his chest. Couts is the real leader and Prov would make a good leader as well
Where would you rank Lindros as a “C” ?

On a scale 1 - 5 with 1 being among the best.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely agree. And like I said, it's aggravating as hell. But I don't see anyone stepping up to fix that on the current roster. Giroux included. So maybe you can make the argument that G is a bad leader by pointing to this example. But the same example applies to everyone that's been on the roster 'for years'.

So go out and add winners to the roster. Don't waste time sewing patches on different sweaters of the established core.
Nobody would trade for him. Thats pretty bad.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went on a hell of a run when he first came up. I just thought the eventual divorce would lead to some sort of return. I actually think there is a very good chance he gets picked up. Team defense the last few years on the Flyers has pretty much been dreadful, there will be a few organizations out there that think they are strong enough on the back end to use him for what he does best.

Also I am done buying Flyers jerseys. My last 3 purchases:

Ghost
Vinny (moronic purchase)
JVR #21 (sorry Las)

I think he gets picked up too. Why wouldn’t one of the basement dwellers with cap space take a chance on him for free? 4.5M is too much, but for 2 years while you’re rebuilding and not near the cap anyway, why not?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was by far a stupid move, and I guarantee Fletcher will fuck up more shit. Dude had value and all it means to me is they are gonna try and make this team better with crap that's available out there. Watch, you'll see I'm right. Hope Ghost comes to Colorado.

Ill let it all play out, but I’m nervous as hell. Fletcher scares me.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful of what you hope for. :pound: :pound:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghost has been waived :noidea:
This is interesting. I wonder if Florida may snag him now with Ekblad out for year? They have enough cap space I believe. Chuck is going to gamble here. I wonder what move he's planning?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if Ghost clears waivers and no one claims him we still don't shed his salary correct?