• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Patriots' News

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I'm more concerned about his life. He got immediate treatment so he is likely fine.
However, the constant bruises are a danger and a cause of this condition. he is likely on blood thinners and cannot risk playing football. Next year? Getting off the meds so he can play is probably a risk......

Which is why Chris Bosh never got to play another NBA game. No team would take that chance with clot issues. And football is a hell of a lot more physical than basketball.

Get well Andrews. Live a long and happy life. Enjoy your rings. And, Thank You.

BostonBlackie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea whether Andrews will, or could, or even wants to return, but apparently, under certain conditions, whatever those might be, it does happen.

"Vols' Trey Smith says he had blood clots in lungs; now cleared to play
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee offensive lineman Trey Smith, a Freshman All-American last season, has been cleared by doctors to play in 2018 after being diagnosed in February with blood clots in his lungs."

Vols' Smith: Cleared to play after blood clots

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both have played left tackle and Eluemunor has also played LG.

BB is making sure he has the beef just in case Wynn can't cope at LT and he's making sure he has a body that can fill in for Joe Thuney if/when he decides to go next year. Cunningham LT, Wynn LG, Karras C, Mason RG, Eluemumor RT in 2020.

Belichick is always thinking three steps ahead.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking it was also about having the flexibility to shift some to center.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking it was also about having the flexibility to shift some to center.
Frentz was a center in college and has played some with the Patriots very sparingly. They've been trying to convert him to G. Froholt may get a shot too. Watch tonight's game carefully because I have feeling tht at leat four guys will play the position so that Dante can make a judgement as to who he can work with to mold into the position.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all of the above. We just traded for all of the offensive lineman in football. young bodies that scar can work with. Healthy guys that can spell anybody on the line.

We were seriously lacking in depth. If you look back at my preseason game comments, our oline was not blocking consistently. Seriously bad 2nd and 3rd string. Could be a lot of reasons besides some just not good but it is now a need addressed.

Only down side - we just lost some more bubble players.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Patriots are getting the Broncos’ sixth-round draft pick while the Broncos are getting Dawson plus the Patriots’ seventh-round draft pick."

I guess the Broncos didn't have a bag of balls available for the trade.
Wow that say's a lot about how the Pats feel about him

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huge upgrade on Ferentz. Might even start ahead of Karras depending how quickly he cam get comfortable with Brady.
It takes a lot of time for a man to get to bending over for another man as he approaches from behind with the swagger of a 20 year old and the mind set of " Oh Yeah I'm gonna drive this one all the way downfield". Honestly I don't know how they do it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes a lot of time for a man to get to bending over for another man as he approaches from behind with the swagger of a 20 year old and the mind set of " Oh Yeah I'm gonna drive this one all the way downfield". Honestly I don't know how they do it.

When I coached I always took my centers aside and told them that there were two things that an All State, All American and All Pro must be able to do.

1. Not have any problem with another man putting his hands directly on his balls and moving them around.
2. Hold a fart until he's hilked the ball.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I coached I always took my centers aside and told them that there were two things that an All State, All American and All Pro must be able to do.

1. Not have any problem with another man putting his hands directly on his balls and moving them around.
2. Hold a fart until he's hilked the ball.
It's okay to not point out the elephant in the room.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huge upgrade on Ferentz. Might even start ahead of Karras depending how quickly he cam get comfortable with Brady.

Bodine had surgery on broken leg in December.
He also had an oblique injury in 1st preseason game. Was supposed to be ready to play by 1st regular season game but with the oblique, it's not like he has been practicing much.
Veteran player who lifted 42 reps in combine.
I suspect Karras is our man for game #1.....

Update:

Bills' Russell Bodine: Returns from oblique strain