• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Patriots' News

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots signed the following players to reserve/future deals: OL Cole Croston, QB Danny Etling, DL Trent Harris, DL Frank Herron, DB A.J. Howard, LB Calvin Munson, WR Damoun Patterson, OL Dan Skipper. All eight players were on the team’s practice squad.

Haa...You beat me!!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then Gronk and then back to Edelman. On the fourth completion in a rown, he hit Gronk and the ball was on the Rams 2. It was a simple call, Hammer and Nail. Devlin is the Hammer and Michel is the nail.
A couple corrections here. The pass before Gronk landed at the two was to Burkhead to the 31. The "hammer and nail" was much more than that... Every lineman had a mission and each executed near perfect. Andrews, for one, chipped Mason's D-tackle then sealed a linebacker out from the play. For all of Nance's proclaimation of Devlin's block, he was one on one with a cornerback who basicly volunteered to be pancaked instead of being turned into confetti.

The 26 yd run by Michel two plays after the int was a blocking Mona Lisa too. Thuney pulled and Canon chipped low, then went up field and blocked a linebacker and shielded a corner back.

Finally, Giving credit were credit is do, the blocking was phenominal, but Michel absolutely finds the holes.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DyqBDPvVYAEC-_E.jpg:large

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Films has released some highlights from their upcoming Super Bowl LIII film, and one of them features Brady successfully lobbying Belichick to go for a field goal in the final minutes of Super Bowl LIII.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Ya'll let Lane Johnson know I'm having fun."

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited:

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Films has released some highlights from their upcoming Super Bowl LIII film, and one of them features Brady successfully lobbying Belichick to go for a field goal in the final minutes of Super Bowl LIII.

Yep, there's Brady, just padding his stats again.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football
Rob Gronkowski went on Jimmy Fallon Wednesday night and revealed he got hit in the face with a beer can during the victory parade.

While telling the story, he made a comment that indicates he may plan on playing in 2019.

"There was like five beers coming at one time. Everybody in the duck boat was juking them. We’re getting good practice for next season," he said. "Next thing you know, I move back a little, and I’m just chilling, looking, and then, ‘Pop! You see that?' Full beer can right to the face. I was bleeding all over the parade on the duck boat. Then, my dad, he’s blocking all the next shots. You can see him he’s karate-kicking a beer flying at me."

Obviously, the line that stands out is, "getting good practice for next season." Of course, it's hard to read into a few words like that, but any indication one way or the other is noteworthy, as Gronkowski still hasn't decided if he's playing next year or not.

"Right after the season, you can’t make a decision," he said. "It’s so emotional, a big win like that. You've got to settle down. You've got to see how your body responds."

The 29-year-old is on the books for a cap hit of just $12 million next year, the last year of his deal. Based on his production this season, the team likely will ask him to restructure if he returns, and it remains to be seen if that would be something he would even consider.

Now, we're all left just waiting

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DRAFT PICKS

As of now, here’s what draft picks the Patriots will have in April’s draft — 12 in all.

Round 1: Own selection

Round 2: Bears selection, own selection

Round 3: Lions selection, compensatory pick (Nate Solder, compensatory pick (Malcolm Butler)

Round 4: Own selection

Round 5: Compensatory pick (Danny Amendola)

Round 7: Browns selection. Eagles selection, Own selection, compensatory pick (Cameron Fleming)

Analysis: Having 12 picks is a big deal, especially six in the first three rounds. This means the team can essentially target any player it wants because it has the ammunition to move up in the draft. Or, the team can use these six picks in the first three rounds to acquire some young talent the team seems to lack at the moment. When it comes to potential positions, it’s similar to free agents. Expect the team to target tight ends, wide receivers, defensive tackles, safeties and keep an eye on quarterbacks. If there’s a player they really like, it may be the time to go after him with Brady being 42 years old next season.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DRAFT PICKS

As of now, here’s what draft picks the Patriots will have in April’s draft — 12 in all.

Round 3: Lions selection, compensatory pick (Nate Solder, compensatory pick (Malcolm Butler)

Round 7: Browns selection. Eagles selection, Own selection, compensatory pick (Cameron Fleming)

Analysis: Having 12 picks is a big deal, especially six in the first three rounds. This means the team can essentially target any player it wants because it has the ammunition to move up in the draft. Or, the team can use these six picks in the first three rounds to acquire some young talent the team seems to lack at the moment. When it comes to potential positions, it’s similar to free agents. Expect the team to target tight ends, wide receivers, defensive tackles, safeties and keep an eye on quarterbacks. If there’s a player they really like, it may be the time to go after him with Brady being 42 years old next season.

Having good draft picks is normally good but we still don't know what we have from last year. We have 2 seasons worth of picks we need to evaluate on a SB team that does not have a lot of room. Picks this year will be very interesting and most will call them poor picks.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DRAFT PICKS

I read something yesterday that implied the Pats could target the QB from Northwestern, take the best TE in round one the see if they can get the QB. I have not researched him yet, I know Northwestern did fairly well and it's believed he had a lot to do with it. Point in me saying this is I feel we take a QB early rather than later.

Just looked him up his name is Clayton Thorson

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One nice thing is the depth of this draft appears to be at positions where the Pats have needs (DL, WR, TE). Haven't come across a QB I love yet. RIght now I think I like Jordan Ta'amu best among the mid-round guys.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read the Josh G can apply for reinstatement in May do you think the league will permit it? And isn't he a FA this year? Any chance if reinstated he stays on in NE?

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MikeReiss
6m6 minutes ago

Longtime Patriots CBs coach Josh Boyer has left the organization to join Brian Flores' staff as defensive pass game coordinator/cornerbacks coach, the Dolphins announced.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MikeReiss
6m6 minutes ago

Longtime Patriots CBs coach Josh Boyer has left the organization to join Brian Flores' staff as defensive pass game coordinator/cornerbacks coach, the Dolphins announced.
Damn if you can't beat em steal em.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read the Josh G can apply for reinstatement in May do you think the league will permit it? And isn't he a FA this year? Any chance if reinstated he stays on in NE?
Was the violation ever announced? It may have been procedural violations and not drug/alcohol related... and I don't mean missing providing samples which would imply avoiding a positive test. Maybe skipping counseling or something like that...

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that he's been through this process multiple times before, I'm thinking the league is probably going to try to drag things out for a good while. I would imagine if they get good reports from the rehab facility they'd at least allow him to apply for reinstatement, but I don't see them bending over backwards to give him even a partial so he can do training camp.

I'd've bet the farm there'd be no chance he'd be back here up until I heard they were footing his rehab bill. Given that, I wonder whether they'll put a RFA tender on him to ensure if he does make it back that he only plays here.