• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Patriots' News

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about wasting money...............

No one has signed a free agent. No one has drafted one player. Not one team has lost a single player.

Odds for something that hasn't changed to change in a year is like alchemy. It's nothing more than getting a fool to spend money, or in reality, give it away. Fans of 30 teams will have bet millions and the winner is the bookmaker because he knows he'll easily cover the bets on the two winners from the French Riviera. AND he'll only pay on one winner on 2/3/2020.

Ever see those mediums and people that talk to the dead on TV? How come they can't get future info now? Or those gypsy women who charge $10 to tell you your future? How come they're not buying a winning lottery ticket or making a future bet every year?

Because they use their powers to help people, not for self gain and material items?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure they don't?

Never 100% but still doing the $10 palm readings and chancing pickin' up something from holding someone's deseased hand in yours doesn't give me a lot of confidence in their "ability" to see the future. Especially their own.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never 100% but still doing the $10 palm readings and chancing pickin' up something from holding someone's deseased hand in yours doesn't give me a lot of confidence in their "ability" to see the future. Especially their own.
Ha Ha, I wasn't expecting a reply.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asked if there’s any chance that Super Bowl LIII is his last game, Tom Brady told @JeffDarlington, “Zero.”

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots have landed in Atlanta. Got there this afternoon and went directly to the hotel.

Super Bowl Week kicks in tomorrow and the Rams are up first.

Patriots will be practicing at Georgia Tech Dome. First practice is tomorrow morning.

Rams will be practicing at the Atlanta falconspractice facility about 40 miles north of Buckhead in Atlanta that's trying to become itself and not part of Atlanta......sorta like Hollywood not wanting to be part of LA.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are still in the air and haven't touched down yet.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@alexmarvez

Source tells me @Patriots assistant QBs coach Jerry Schuplinski will be leaving to become @MiamiDolphins QBs coach under Brian Flores

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is that WRs coach Chad O'Shea will be the Dolphins Offensive Coordinator.

Dolphins are becoming the Patriots South

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches moving on.
Wash, rinse, repeat.

Thanks for what you did while you were here. GL in the future, just not too much.

BB no days off go find next years replacements wash, rinse, repeat.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches moving on.
Wash, rinse, repeat.

Thanks for what you did while you were here. GL in the future, just not too much.

BB no days off go find next years replacements wash, rinse, repeat.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is that WRs coach Chad O'Shea will be the Dolphins Offensive Coordinator.

Dolphins are becoming the Patriots South

You can enjoy watching the Dolphins fans talking about getting our coaches with integrity from the Cheatriots!

They are struggling with their already frail emotions.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can enjoy watching the Dolphins fans talking about getting our coaches with integrity from the Cheatriots!

They are struggling with their already frail emotions.....
Fans? Plural?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm a sick SOB, but I've watched the Super Bowl twice since the game ended Sunday night and will probalywatch it again today......................Here's my take:

The Rams made a big mistake before the game even started. They didn't take the ball, they deferred. McVay believed that the rams defnsecould stop the patriots, get the ball back and his 2nd rated offense would march down the field and score. The Patriots knew that would be the way the Rams would go and showed immediately that they were not all in fear. Patterson made butts tighten with a 39 yard kickoff return and informed the Rams that Special Teams could be a real problem on kickoffs. The Rams didn't have to worry, They kicked off to start the game and after their only score in the second quarter. They would never kick off again.

The Patriots on the first series basically told Wade Philips that his plans to go after Brady, might need a little adjustment as the Patriots diced up the Rams defense on the ground by running straight at them for 5 consecutive plays to start the game. This is where the Patriots immediately found where their primary weakness would be for the Super Bowl,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Chris Hogan. He attempted a one hand catch on the first pass of the game and tipped it to a defender. On two ensuing pass attempts, he tried another one hander and almost gave that one away. After multiple replays, I still can't understand why he didn't use his other hand, boths he had two free hands. On the third and final pass to him, he was turned the wrong way and couldn't pull the ball in. Brady made the decidion to not send the ball his way again even if he was wide open and no defender was within 25 yards of him.

The defenses of both teams kept the opposition is check for the first half, but the Patriots were actually doing more. They were continuously hitting Jared Goff and making him release well before his receivers could get to where he needed them to be.

In the third quarter, the Patriots began to tweak their offense to see where the Rams might be vulnerable. The Rams stayed with theirgame plan expecting the Patriots to make a fatal mistake or hoping that their defense could get to Brady and cause one. By the fourth quarter, the Patriots found the crack in the Rams armor. Even Tony Romo saw it on the first play of the series and called it out. Brady hit Edelman for one of the three catches that he would make in the second half. Then Gronk and then back to Edelman. On the fourth completion in a rown, he hit Gronk and the ball was on the Rams 2. It was a simple call, Hammer and Nail. Devlin is the Hammer and Michel is the nail. 10-3 Patriots and the air started to come out of the rams balloon. They made the decision to make a very slight change and it worked until Gilmore stick a knife in the ballon and totally collapsed it.

One other thing I saw in this game and I surprised myself seeing it. I saw why Bill Belichick traded Brandin Cooks. He's physically weak. In Super Bowl LII he got hit in the first quarter and said his bell was rung. He was able to watch the rest of the game 'standing' on the sideline. In Super Bowl LIII he wasn't hit hard at all but dropped two TDs in the end zone because the defenders were able to detach his hands from the ball and put it on the ground. And now the loss lays on the shoulders of Goff, who's offensive line could not stop the Patriots LBs from hitting him and threw two perfect poasses that Cooks did not have the hand strength to pull in.

Having watched the game three times, I have to say that the officiating was good. They let Peters and Talib grab jerseys and they let jackson and Gilmore do the same. The rams were hitting Brady after threw the ball and the patriots laid some late licks on Goff. They let the game be played without interfering. The only called that they made were egergious holding and hands to the face. Otherwise, they allowed the game to be played the way it was and the defenses dominated.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm a sick SOB, but I've watched the Super Bowl twice since the game ended Sunday night and will probalywatch it again today......................Here's my take:

The Rams made a big mistake before the game even started. They didn't take the ball, they deferred. McVay believed that the rams defnsecould stop the patriots, get the ball back and his 2nd rated offense would march down the field and score. The Patriots knew that would be the way the Rams would go and showed immediately that they were not all in fear. Patterson made butts tighten with a 39 yard kickoff return and informed the Rams that Special Teams could be a real problem on kickoffs. The Rams didn't have to worry, They kicked off to start the game and after their only score in the second quarter. They would never kick off again.

The Patriots on the first series basically told Wade Philips that his plans to go after Brady, might need a little adjustment as the Patriots diced up the Rams defense on the ground by running straight at them for 5 consecutive plays to start the game. This is where the Patriots immediately found where their primary weakness would be for the Super Bowl,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Chris Hogan. He attempted a one hand catch on the first pass of the game and tipped it to a defender. On two ensuing pass attempts, he tried another one hander and almost gave that one away. After multiple replays, I still can't understand why he didn't use his other hand, boths he had two free hands. On the third and final pass to him, he was turned the wrong way and couldn't pull the ball in. Brady made the decidion to not send the ball his way again even if he was wide open and no defender was within 25 yards of him.

The defenses of both teams kept the opposition is check for the first half, but the Patriots were actually doing more. They were continuously hitting Jared Goff and making him release well before his receivers could get to where he needed them to be.

In the third quarter, the Patriots began to tweak their offense to see where the Rams might be vulnerable. The Rams stayed with theirgame plan expecting the Patriots to make a fatal mistake or hoping that their defense could get to Brady and cause one. By the fourth quarter, the Patriots found the crack in the Rams armor. Even Tony Romo saw it on the first play of the series and called it out. Brady hit Edelman for one of the three catches that he would make in the second half. Then Gronk and then back to Edelman. On the fourth completion in a rown, he hit Gronk and the ball was on the Rams 2. It was a simple call, Hammer and Nail. Devlin is the Hammer and Michel is the nail. 10-3 Patriots and the air started to come out of the rams balloon. They made the decision to make a very slight change and it worked until Gilmore stick a knife in the ballon and totally collapsed it.

One other thing I saw in this game and I surprised myself seeing it. I saw why Bill Belichick traded Brandin Cooks. He's physically weak. In Super Bowl LII he got hit in the first quarter and said his bell was rung. He was able to watch the rest of the game 'standing' on the sideline. In Super Bowl LIII he wasn't hit hard at all but dropped two TDs in the end zone because the defenders were able to detach his hands from the ball and put it on the ground. And now the loss lays on the shoulders of Goff, who's offensive line could not stop the Patriots LBs from hitting him and threw two perfect poasses that Cooks did not have the hand strength to pull in.

Having watched the game three times, I have to say that the officiating was good. They let Peters and Talib grab jerseys and they let jackson and Gilmore do the same. The rams were hitting Brady after threw the ball and the patriots laid some late licks on Goff. They let the game be played without interfering. The only called that they made were egergious holding and hands to the face. Otherwise, they allowed the game to be played the way it was and the defenses dominated.

Yeah Hogan is probably a memory.

Also, I am not a huge Cooks fan. He does not contest for balls.
This has been discussed here a few times.
That said, he did not say his bell was rung and stand on the sidelines. It was a knock out.
When a player loses consciousness, they are automatically entered into concussion protocol and not allowed to return.
I do believe this is what cost the Patriots that game.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to wonder if the Pats don't have a #1 stretch the field type WR b/c TB12 just doesn't have that type arm anymore?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to wonder if the Pats don't have a #1 stretch the field type WR b/c TB12 just doesn't have that type arm anymore?
He doesn't but, having said that Gordon did pretty well.
Besides BB knows he can't have him holding onto the ball for someone to stretch the field.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't but, having said that Gordon did pretty well.
Besides BB knows he can't have him holding onto the ball for someone to stretch the field.

But Gordon was willing to play over the middle too. A lot of the OBJ type guys aren't real comfy with that.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots signed the following players to reserve/future deals: OL Cole Croston, QB Danny Etling, DL Trent Harris, DL Frank Herron, DB A.J. Howard, LB Calvin Munson, WR Damoun Patterson, OL Dan Skipper. All eight players were on the team’s practice squad.