• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Patriot Free Agents

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll re-visit in March when Gostkowski signs his next contract and see who was right about how much it will cost to retain him.
I think we all agree that he could get $5M+ per year from somebody. It just won't be NE. Is he worth it? Maybe? Let's see what other kickers get. Take it another step further and see what how well his replacement does vs. the cost of retaining him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, except you in post #44
WRONG... Nice try stretch armstrong. Nowhere did I say he is the #1 kicker. I was reffering to if I thought he was worth what he provides for the team

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol so I asked you directly “do you think he’s the best kicker in the league?” and you answered “yes I do” and somehow I’m reaching for an interpretation of what you meant. OK. Merry Christmas.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Do you think he's the best kicker in the league? At the very least do you think what he brings to the table is indisputably worth $5+MM per season when plenty of other players are bringing equal amounts to the table for less than $1MM? Do you have very strong confidence when he trots onto the field for an important kick that he is going to make it? I feel like you should feel pretty good the answers to all those questions are 'yes' if you're paying someone at the top of the market...and I don't think many people would say that is the case for them.

I mean, I already said he's a good kicker...I'm not disputing that. My point is, does he deserve to continue to be the highest-paid kicker in the league, since that is what will be required to retain him?"

You asked a lot of questions here slick

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#KickersLivesMatter

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would know ace

It would help if you put the quote ahead of your reply. Half of your posts mean nothing because I have to go back and try to figure out who and what your replying to. Thanks.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when we get to arguing value of free agents, let's remember Dion.

Dion Lewis $5 million / year for 500 yards. That's $10,000 / yard.

Dion Lewis unloads on “cheap” Patriots

“That’s what happens when you go cheap."
(Dion finished the year's last 6 games averaging less than 20 yards per game.) (6 games)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“That’s what happens when you go cheap."
(Dion finished the year's last 6 games averaging less than 20 yards per game.) (6 games)

Derek Henry is Mike Vrabel's guy. Dion was brought in as a "Just in case" back up. Calling the Patriots cheap doesn't make lewislook very good especially after getting their asses handed to them in a critical "playoff" final game of the season.

"Stupid is as stupid does."..................................

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t give that kind of contract to a “just in case backup.” It took them more than half the year to figure out Henry was the guy.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t give that kind of contract to a “just in case backup.” It took them more than half the year to figure out Henry was the guy.

Derek Henry had 10 carries week one and Dion Lewis had 16.

Henry was the feature back in week two and from that point on.

Dion Lewis took a back seat to Henry but no one knew what Henry could do and Dion lewiswas paid as the #1 when he was signed. It just didn't work out as Lewis probably thought it would. I read somewhere a long while back that Belichick offered Lewis a 3 year $10M contract. Lewis signed for two years and $10M. I guess that's reasonable and if he can find another team or get another 2/$10M from the Titans, then he'll be set for life. Will he get another ring or a shot at another ring??

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots are expected to have approx. $30M to spend on free agents in 2019.

Jets will have about $119M. Just thought you should know.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots are expected to have approx. $30M to spend on free agents in 2019.

Jets will have about $119M. Just thought you should know.

Going to be a primo HC job to land. All that money to spend and they already have their QB. Supposedly anyway. I am not a Darnold fan but in the right situation he can be Alex Smith. He wont be a guy who single handed wins games for them. Still, they have an opportunity to take over the division in the near future.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be a primo HC job to land. All that money to spend and they already have their QB. Supposedly anyway. I am not a Darnold fan but in the right situation he can be Alex Smith. He wont be a guy who single handed wins games for them. Still, they have an opportunity to take over the division in the near future.

I heard a rumor this morning that Woody wants Josh McDaniels. He thinks that Josh can make Darnald the next Brady with legs that work. With great positioning in the draft and a truck load of money for free agents he believe that Josh will have the Jets taking over the AFC East next year.

He'll probably rehire Rex Ryan.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a rumor this morning that Woody wants Josh McDaniels. He thinks that Josh can make Darnald the next Brady with legs that work. With great positioning in the draft and a truck load of money for free agents he believe that Josh will have the Jets taking over the AFC East next year.

He'll probably rehire Rex Ryan.

I doubt Josh would take it. He passed on an even better situation in Indy granted they dont have the same money to spend. Still, the team has a decent defense now and Luck is back to normal.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way McDaniels goes to the Jets... there is some serious bad blood there between the two franchises (Mangini (spygate) & Parcells, Curtis Martin departures). Out of deference to the Pats organization, McDaniels would be wise to decline an interview (if it's granted).