• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a certain level of truth to that to be honest. Most Cavs fans will be forever grateful (not Skidmark, I mean wiggy) for the title LeBron brought to Cleveland. But that city is & always will be a football town first. If Mayfield can lead the Browns to a very elusive title LeBron would instantly become that city's # 2 modern athlete.

Could definitely see that. But suggesting that it's that way right now, seems a little far fetched.

He simply hasn't done anything other than show some potential. He's also shown some signs that he may not be as good as the hype.

I think that he will eventually live up to the hype, but he hasn't yet. So it seems a little early to be putting him ahead of Lebron.

But, like you said, Cleveland is football first, so just getting the Browns to the playoffs would likely put him ahead of Lebron.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question....Appreciate what Lebron did for the Cavs and was so excited about the title. At the time of the parade, I remember telling my son if the Browns just won the division it would dwarf the Cavs' title in this area.

I don't think a division crown would be celebrated the same way as a championship. That's just my opinion. But I get what you're saying.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a division crown would be celebrated the same way as a championship. That's just my opinion. But I get what you're saying.
Might be a slight exaggeration but wow was it exciting here in 1980 and mid-late 80s....though 3 of those seasons was a little more than just div. title.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a slight exaggeration but wow was it exciting here in 1980 and mid-late 80s....though 3 of those seasons was a little more than just div. title.

I remember when the Browns were good. It's been too damn long. Hopefully we're seeing that change starting this season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when the Browns were good. It's been too damn long. Hopefully we're seeing that change starting this season.
while part of it has to do with no Big Ben and Cinci being garbage hard to imagine if they stay relatively healthy not at least being a serious contender for division crown...especially having a win in Bmore in their pocket already.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while part of it has to do with no Big Ben and Cinci being garbage hard to imagine if they stay relatively healthy not at least being a serious contender for division crown...especially having a win in Bmore in their pocket already.

Even with a healthy BigBen I'd like to think the Browns could still beat duh steelers. That might be my biased side though.

Cincy. Everyone knew they'd be lousy this year. And I don't see that changing in the next few years.

The Ravens. Don't know what to think of them after 4 weeks. First 2 weeks they looked great. Only giving up something like 550 yards total. But it was again the hapless Dolphins & Cards. The last 2 weeks over 1,000+.

But like you said it's nice to have a win on the road in the division already taken care of.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with a healthy BigBen I'd like to think the Browns could still beat duh steelers. That might be my biased side though.

Cincy. Everyone knew they'd be lousy this year. And I don't see that changing in the next few years.

The Ravens. Don't know what to think of them after 4 weeks. First 2 weeks they looked great. Only giving up something like 550 yards total. But it was again the hapless Dolphins & Cards. The last 2 weeks over 1,000+.

But like you said it's nice to have a win on the road in the division already taken care of.
In addition, Bmore plays a first place sched. while we play 3rd place. We'll see Denver instead of KC. Also have the Rams out of the way.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition, Bmore plays a first place sched. while we play 3rd place. We'll see Denver instead of KC. Also have the Rams out of the way.

Oh I'm gonna have some fun talking shit about the Broncos & Elway when the Browns come to town. That team of his is a dumpster fire right now.

I've heard some realistic Broncos fans say in the past that Elway's worried about his legecy around here. I thought it was a joke. But looking at the shit QB's he's drafted I now think there's something to it.

I just hope their new HC Fangio gets treated the same way Joseph did last year. After 4 weeks the team was 2-2 last year. Right now they're 0-4. And have never started 0-5.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm gonna have some fun talking shit about the Broncos & Elway when the Browns come to town. That team of his is a dumpster fire right now.

I've heard some realistic Broncos fans say in the past that Elway's worried about his legecy around here. I thought it was a joke. But looking at the shit QB's he's drafted I now think there's something to it.

I just hope their new HC Fangio gets treated the same way Joseph did last year. After 4 weeks the team was 2-2 last year. Right now they're 0-4. And have never started 0-5.
Yeah...other than Manning falling in his lap he has been incredibly bad when it comes to finding QBs. Props, I guess, if that's his plan.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a certain level of truth to that to be honest. Most Cavs fans will be forever grateful (not Skidmark, I mean wiggy) for the title LeBron brought to Cleveland. But that city is & always will be a football town first. If Mayfield can lead the Browns to a very elusive title LeBron would instantly become that city's # 2 modern athlete.

And Mayfield leading them to a title is a pipe dream at best right now....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Mayfield leading them to a title is a pipe dream at best right now....

It's his 2nd year. Not saying he does it but it isn't a crazy thought for browns fans to have especially with that defense. Doesn't happen this year but would anyone be that surprised if they win a title in 2-3 years?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's his 2nd year. Not saying he does it but it isn't a crazy thought for browns fans to have especially with that defense. Doesn't happen this year but would anyone be that surprised if they win a title in 2-3 years?
Nope...never thought title this year was that realistic, but figured they'd be in the discussion in 2020.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He simply hasn't done anything other than show some potential. He's also shown some signs that he may not be as good as the hype.

I think that he will eventually live up to the hype, but he hasn't yet. So it seems a little early to be putting him ahead of Lebron.

This.

And he's showing an inability to read defenses....

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's also somewhat distorted because 3 of those picks were in short order in the end of the Titans game.

He hasn't been great but last game was more what we expect

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

And he's showing an inability to read defenses....

He is also a quarter of a way into his 2nd season lol and just played his best game of the season.

Cleveland is in great shape for this season if we are being honest