• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what they said about the Cavs potential break out player in that article--- interesting:

Breakout candidate: Collin Sexton
Entering his second NBA season, Sexton certainly is talking as if he is ready to be the Cavaliers' new leader. Cleveland bobbled after the departure of LeBron James and repeated injury blows to its remaining core, but Sexton was one of the few sunny sports in an otherwise dreary 2018-19 season. Sexton shot 40% from 3 and 83% from the free throw line, and he averaged 16.7 points per game, stats that put him alongside Larry Bird and Stephen Curry as the only rookies in league history to tally those numbers. -- Andrews

Talk about reaching.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, do we get an even bigger edge for blowing out Bmore (never mind I wouldn't consider games that are tight into the 4th a blowout, but you do)? Can we give more credit to the Browns for winning by 20 and 15 as opposed to 1, 4 and 14 for the Bills' wins?

Bills played 1 team with a pulse. The Browns played 3. Yes, they got the Jets with Darnold, but they also got the Giants with Manning.

Ever gonna answer this question......where would you have them in the AFC that makes 3-5th "way too high"? Think you've ignored the question 4 times now.

Ignored? I said in the middle with the rest of the average teams now at least twice. 16 teams in the conference, somewhere around 8th. I'm not going to nitpick over tie-breakers after 4 weeks.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dolphi...-the-nations-worst-sports-town-075009306.html

Look, you might think the teams in your town stink.

And there’s a good chance you might even be right. It’s much easier to disappoint a fanbase than please one, so odds are good you have jerseys of a few bad teams hanging in your closet right now.

But do me a favor: The next time you get down about another missed playoff spot or mourn a choked-away game, look up to the sky and thank heavens for just one thing.

That you’re not a fan of Miami sports teams.

Because, man, do they really stink.

And if you actually are a fan of the Dolphins, Marlins, Heat, Panthers or Hurricanes?

Well, please accept our condolences because there isn’t a fan in any other town who would switch places with you — no matter how many days of sunshine are thrown in.

“Miami is unique. When the team is good, the disposable income is there and [locals are] going to spend more money than anyone, including New York and Los Angeles,’’ Lipman said. Miami has the money. But they only support winners.

“They’re phenomenal fair-weather fans.”

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignored? I said in the middle with the rest of the average teams now at least twice. 16 teams in the conference, somewhere around 8th. I'm not going to nitpick over tie-breakers after 4 weeks.
8th? Ok. KC, NE I'm sure you have ahead (and rightly so). we know you think Buffalo. Guessing Tennessee and SD. And the other 2?

agree hard to know who really is good and who's not after 4 weeks to know about a team's SOS. We'll know more in another 4 weeks. But to say having them in the 3-5 range is "way too high" seems absurd.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8th? Ok. KC, NE I'm sure you have ahead (and rightly so). we know you think Buffalo. Guessing Tennessee and SD. And the other 2?

agree hard to know who really is good and who's not after 4 weeks to know about a team's SOS. We'll know more in another 4 weeks. But to say having them in the 3-5 range is "way too high" seems absurd.

They just gotta keep executing like last week. Had they put away the Rams game the convo is so different. That's how thin the line is.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dolphi...-the-nations-worst-sports-town-075009306.html

Look, you might think the teams in your town stink.

And there’s a good chance you might even be right. It’s much easier to disappoint a fanbase than please one, so odds are good you have jerseys of a few bad teams hanging in your closet right now.

But do me a favor: The next time you get down about another missed playoff spot or mourn a choked-away game, look up to the sky and thank heavens for just one thing.

That you’re not a fan of Miami sports teams.

Because, man, do they really stink.

And if you actually are a fan of the Dolphins, Marlins, Heat, Panthers or Hurricanes?

Well, please accept our condolences because there isn’t a fan in any other town who would switch places with you — no matter how many days of sunshine are thrown in.

“Miami is unique. When the team is good, the disposable income is there and [locals are] going to spend more money than anyone, including New York and Los Angeles,’’ Lipman said. Miami has the money. But they only support winners.

“They’re phenomenal fair-weather fans.”
I'll say an area that gets overlooked in these discussions is NY. sure, they have their share of good teams, but I lived with guys in college who were Met, Jet and Knick fans.

Even Cleveland fans can laugh at them.....though they are also OSU fans so that helps.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D Lo looks fucking horrible in that Warriors uni

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just gotta keep executing like last week. Had they put away the Rams game the convo is so different. That's how thin the line is.
No doubt...looked like they got back to playing like they did last season with Baker making quick decisions. He moved around in the pocket better. No more waiting to see where OBJ is on every play before throwing.

Do that and any line looks good, as well.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Lavar Ball sued by Big Baller Brand co-founder, accused of embezzling over $2.5m.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Lavar Ball sued by Big Baller Brand co-founder, accused of embezzling over $2.5m.
Might be a counter suit from the guy he sued.

I don't need to hear the evidence. I'd rule against Lavar. While I might base my posts on post and not poster I'll base my verdict on defendant and plaintiff and not the evidence if Ball is involved.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO.

Or Cleveland fans would take Mayfield over James....

There's a certain level of truth to that to be honest. Most Cavs fans will be forever grateful (not Skidmark, I mean wiggy) for the title LeBron brought to Cleveland. But that city is & always will be a football town first. If Mayfield can lead the Browns to a very elusive title LeBron would instantly become that city's # 2 modern athlete.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a certain level of truth to that to be honest. Most Cavs fans will be forever grateful (not Skidmark, I mean wiggy) for the title LeBron brought to Cleveland. But that city is & always will be a football town first. If Mayfield can lead the Browns to a very elusive title LeBron would instantly become that city's # 2 modern athlete.
No question....Appreciate what Lebron did for the Cavs and was so excited about the title. At the time of the parade, I remember telling my son if the Browns just won the division it would dwarf the Cavs' title in this area.