• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only issue is if it's a pick coming up soon probably in the 20s and doubt a playoff team gives back a useful piece.
thats true- its why i would try and get picks well into the future if possible.

ya never know- more of a lotto ticket that could hit big. But we shall see.

I am looking forward to Beilin and the Cavs offense--- watching the young guys......

the defense is going to be pretty atrocious- thats for sure- but thats almost every young team.

The Cavs should have 3 goals this season

1. Develop the young guys;

2. Figure out which of the young guys ones have futures and fit the system, and which ones would be better off packaged in trades; and

3. Figure out which vets you want long term and which vets can be traded, and get some assets back for some of the vets you trade/take back bad money for.

and wait- #4--- under NO circumstances finish outside of the top 10 worst teams. That is CRITICAL- in order to keep their pick and add another potential major building block-- ideally a wing or front court player.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, he looks like the best of the Ball boys, offensively.

With his size, you could pair him in the backcourt with Garland or Sexton.
its so early to make a determination

as i said- at this point last season Zion was def. not the #1 guy......then he became the consensus #1 guy by a large margin. No one knew the name of the guy who became the consensus #2 pick in Ja Morant. Reddish was consensus top 3, if not #1, and he ended up falling

Around January 1st we will have a little bit better idea who will be in the top 5 consideration

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are right. If Garland is a star and Sexton is either a star or just very good it will be a nice problem to have.
Easiest Garland projection for his ceiling?

Uncle Drew.

Both had a small college sample size.

Both are scoring guards.

Both have nice handles.

Let's hope he's not a megalomaniac like Mr. Irving too.

Despite only appearing in 5 games during his lone year in Nashville before a knee injury ended his season, Garland made quite an impression. He averaged 16.2 points, 3.8 rebounds and 2.6 assists, shooting 47.8 percent from 3-point range for good measure.

In Irving’s one year at Duke, he appeared in 11 games, scoring 17.5 points, dishing out 4.3 assists, grabbing 3.5 rebounds and snagging 1.5 steals while shooting 46.2 percent from long range. Those numbers are comparable to Garland’s, and their styles of play are similar, too.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its so early to make a determination

as i said- at this point last season Zion was def. not the #1 guy......then he became the consensus #1 guy by a large margin. No one knew the name of the guy who became the consensus #2 pick in Ja Morant. Reddish was consensus top 3, if not #1, and he ended up falling

Around January 1st we will have a little bit better idea who will be in the top 5 consideration
Oh, yeah....

Totally agree.

Melo could sink, other's can rise.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats true- its why i would try and get picks well into the future if possible.

ya never know- more of a lotto ticket that could hit big. But we shall see.

I am looking forward to Beilin and the Cavs offense--- watching the young guys......

the defense is going to be pretty atrocious- thats for sure- but thats almost every young team.

The Cavs should have 3 goals this season

1. Develop the young guys;

2. Figure out which of the young guys ones have futures and fit the system, and which ones would be better off packaged in trades; and

3. Figure out which vets you want long term and which vets can be traded, and get some assets back for some of the vets you trade/take back bad money for.

and wait- #4--- under NO circumstances finish outside of the top 10 worst teams. That is CRITICAL- in order to keep their pick and add another potential major building block-- ideally a wing or front court player.
I like Beilein as well. Older so not sure how long he can go but from all accounts the guy is a ball of energy. Seems like a great coach for developing young players.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sleep doesn't depend on what goes on here.....hope that's the same for you. If not, you need more help than I imagined.

yes, your day-long round and rounds are a CLEAR testament to how much this means nothing to you...:yawning:

based on that alone i'd say YOU'RE the one who should consider help...and A.S.A.P. I might add...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit.

I totally blocked that Clown out.....lol

How did you like his hype video from the Magic released recently? I love the parts where he takes a shot and then they show a ball going through the basket without continuity lol.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, your day-long round and rounds are a CLEAR testament to how much this means nothing to you...:yawning:

based on that alone i'd say YOU'RE the one who should consider help...and A.S.A.P. I might add...
More comp. issues? I didn't say it means nothing. If it meant nothing I wouldn't be here. I said my sleep does not depend on what goes on here and imply sleep might depend on what happens here. Hope that isn't the case.

This forum is cheap entertainment for me, and many like you provide comic relief.

Thank you.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I would too if I were you.....but even if you don't that O still might carry you to a title.

I don't know.

The NFL (every professional league really) is doing every thing they can to almost remove defense from the game.

But the old saying that "offense sells tickets, but defense wins championships" is still true.

A team can go a lot farther with just a great offense than they used to be able to, but at some point along the way, they have to be able to get some stops.

By the same token though, a team can no longer just ride a great defense to a title either.

Imo, the Chiefs will need to get better on defense. They don't have to be great, or even particularly good...but they have to be able to get some stops. Can't win a Super Bowl by having shootouts every game.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to include Browns in with teams who have made recent playoff appearances without them having that type of success yet. Based on perceived talent I think I agree though.

Imagine that, the Browns ranked way too high. What a shock.

EDIT: directed at Wiggy, not dt

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More comp. issues? I didn't say it means nothing. If it meant nothing I wouldn't be here. I said my sleep does not depend on what goes on here and imply sleep might depend on what happens here. Hope that isn't the case.

This forum is cheap entertainment for me, and many like you provide comic relief.

Thank you.

no comprehension issues on MY part. just showing how much of an outright LIE you presented...

sorry if the TRUTH hurts. maybe you should write your congressman...?

oh, and when you write him DO try to stay a tad cooler under the collar than you are right now. can't have you blaming an aneurysm on me after all, entertainment...:D

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.

The NFL (every professional league really) is doing every thing they can to almost remove defense from the game.

But the old saying that "offense sells tickets, but defense wins championships" is still true.

A team can go a lot farther with just a great offense than they used to be able to, but at some point along the way, they have to be able to get some stops.

By the same token though, a team can no longer just ride a great defense to a title either.

Imo, the Chiefs will need to get better on defense. They don't have to be great, or even particularly good...but they have to be able to get some stops. Can't win a Super Bowl by having shootouts every game.
Maybe, but I think if KC got by NE last year (in a shootout) they had a good chance to take down the Rams.....and Philly won the previous year's SB in a shootout. It's a zero sum game.

I think an elite offense and slightly below avg. D has as much of a shot as elite D and slightly below avg. O (not to say you said otherwise).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no comprehension issues on MY part. just showing how much of an outright LIE you presented...

sorry if the TRUTH hurts. maybe you should write your congressman...?

oh, and when you write him DO try to stay a tad cooler under the collar than you are right now. can't have you blaming an aneurysm on me after all, entertainment...:D
You are the one who implied anyone could lose sleep based on what is said in a sports forum.
You are here a fair amount my friend.
If you really lose sleep over anyone's comments you may want to reassess.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly not top 5 in the AFC, or above the Bills.
You would not have the Browns above the Bills based on talent? What units are you thinking are stronger for Buffalo?

But, OK, where would you have them that makes 3-5th "way too high "based on talent"?

They might be decent, but they played one team with a pulse and lost.