• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like they'll be in the superbowl
i dont see anyone beating New England.

I think San Diego can be a dark horse as well.

Its not easy to win multiple playoff games with a defense in the bottom third of the league.

Shit, i think the Browns could even be interesting because they actuallydo have the potential for balance on both sides of the ball.

Right now, I would rank the AFC teams, not necesarily record wise, but talent wise and upside potential as:

Tier 1
New England
KC

Tier 2
San Diego
Cleveland
Houston

Tier 3
Bills
Ravens
Titans

I think those are your 5 most talented teams (in the top 2 tiers) in the AFC by a fair margin. Tough teams

The Colts and Steelers said BYE BYE once Luck and Big Ben went down. I dont think the Ravens are nearly as good as they looked the first few weeks. they lost a lot of talent on defense and Jackson still isnt a great pocket passer.

The Bills and Titans are interesting teams, that are tough and well coached- but i wouldnt quite put them on the talent level as the above 4 teams.

the Jets, Dolphins, Broncos, Raiders, Bengals, Dolphins all suck.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyways, onto the Colts at home on Sunday Night. I think they give us a game, but the Chiefs'll be 5-0...

DEAL with it...:heh:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All his posts are always so aggressive and argumentative. A coke and a smile would do him a world of good. God knows what he pays for health insurance with that blood pressure of his.
Just another non bball post from someone who cries about non-bball posts.

Yeah...gotta love this forum.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True dat.

But, I'm more concerned about the fact that they are gonna have to play Klove, Cedi and 3 fucking midgets.

I don't see Garland and Sexton coexisting.

They aren't Dame and CJ.

They are more Monta and early Curry.

So, adding another pg would be Suns level fuckery.

PS. I think Garland has Star potential and Colin will be packing his shit in another Season.
Might be...but you realize likely they could get some solid assets/players for Sexton?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we shall see

right now its all about putting a system in place and asset accumulation....finding out who can play and who cant....

next offseason will be the one where they think more about how stuff fits. Right now its just about finding talent and gathering assets.

I am most interested to see what htey do with all of the expiring contracts---- Henson, Delly, Thompson, Knight, Clarkson are all on expiring contracts. Knight supposedly is finally 100% healthy and looks pretty decent.

Do the Cavs trade those guys for expiring deals and get cap space this offseason? or do they trade those guys for more bad contracts and roll over the cap space another year? thats the biggest question if you ask me.
No reason to trade them for expiring deals as they are expiring deals. Guessing you meant allow the deals to expire or trade them for bad contracts WITH picks attached?

Guess they could trade for lesser players with expiring deals and picks

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and of COURSE Dee Ford's an "asshole" for committing a supposed penalty...

guess Baker Mayfield's an asshole too for talking shit about people who aren't even on his team...
:lol:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are in a good spot.

It depends on Sexton,Cedi taking another step and if Garland can have a breakout year.

I'd give them time, eat bad deals and horde picks/prospects until the Sixers get old, injured or implode because of bad chemistry, see if Giannis bolts or to see if Durant comes back close to 100%.

If those teams live up to expectations, eh......

Sign/trade for a All star why?
I think next step for Cedi is as a solid bench guy for a playoff team (and we have to hope we are that team). Sexton probably has another step to take as he is still very young with a tremendous work ethic (and talented). Can he co-exist with Garland? Like you I have doubts but curious to find out.

As to your all star question pretty much one of 2 options if they are to ever get back to where they were (and I have my doubts they will). Either trade for an AS or luck into an elite player in the draft.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol truth. this clown is NEVER gonna get it...

a TRUE fan stays that way whether his team is 82-0 or 0-82...

WiggityWack will just bandwagon onto another team. much simpler for him to run to a winner. not worthy of any kind of respect, you understand, but simpler...
You get wiggy knows our team is gonna struggle and, in fact, wants/wanted them to (in the W/L column)? And he's still a fan?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get wiggy knows our team is gonna struggle and, in fact, wants/wanted them to (in the W/L column)? And he's still a fan?

you get it's a known FACT that he followed the Thunder when the Cavs were a non-factor...

DJ already ratted him out on that one...

DO kindly stay outta convos you don't know damn thing about...:lol:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I gotta tell ya. WiggityWack is as cowardly, conniving, and snidely as they come, but ol' goldie'll STILL back him to the hilt...

sorry, I find that simply amazing...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88

would you rather have the Cavs just let Clarkson, TT, Henson, Knight and Delly expire (thats about $75 million in expiring contracts), and dip your toe into free agency next summer;

or

would you rather have the Cavs, say package a couple of those guys---- take back BAD money that extends beyond this season, and get compensated an extra first rounder or two or a young player or two - for taking back the bad money and supplying some solid rotation players on expiring deals to a contender.

I dont know which is the correct way to go at this point. Its a tough decision. I guess some of it will depend on Love and if they end up trading him (which will totally depend on the quality of the offers).
It is a tough one without knowing more. like who we are taking back, the picks and how long those we take back are on the books.

as a FA destination it's an easy answer. The former. I'm thinking a trade might be the best option. What's nice about TT and Clarkson is they could go to a contender to help them in their playoff push as they are solid players OR to a non-contender as expiring contracts.