• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they will be in great shape if they can go 4-4 in the first half with that schedule.

It should be a very fun and interesting season.

Too bad the Tribe just ran out of gas.

Did you see Wyndlar is going to miss time to start the season? Thats a bummer. I wanted to see what he could do- and get him as much development time as possible

only silver lining is thati t will give the cavs time to feature some of the myriad of useful playerso n expiring contracts that that they can market at the trade deadline--- and then once the roster is cleared out a little- he should be more than ready to foll (far earlier, but you get what i mean)
Only out 6-8 weeks, right?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol between the Redskins and Wizards - i could not tell you which one was worse.

The Redskins are worse. And it isn’t all that close.

Which is kind of amazing considering how poorly the Wizards have been run.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely think that one can go either way and agree will be close.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do feel for ya. When Haslem used to take shit I really felt like if he ever found the right people to run the team (and they found a QB) they would succeed. I'm not so sure the same can be said of Snyder (as I'm guessing you've known for a while).

Yeah.

The problem with Snyder is that he hires yes men who have the same vision as Snyder as for who to manage a team. He does not have a clue how to build a quality program and he refuses to learn from his past mistakes.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

The problem with Snyder is that he hires yes men who have the same vision as Snyder as for who to manage a team. He does not have a clue how to build a quality program and he refuses to learn from his past mistakes.

ego's a bitch, ain't it...?

see the same with guys like Jerry Jones, too...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, YOURE the one trying his damndest to put words in my mouth, "little buckaroo"...

(at 6'3" i have to say being called "little" is a bit odd)...:D

I said i'll take a look at where we're at around mid-season, but you and your boyfriend WiggityWack can keep looking at last season with a different DC and go off of that...

I can only write this stuff. can't make you comprehend it...
I comprehend it just fine. You cannot take anything but glowing comments about the Chiefs.

You can go yards/game or ppg and they will range from below avg. to way below avg. Could it change by year's end? sure, but so far their D is below average.

Disagree?

2019 NFL Team Defense Statistics | The Football Database

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88
@tlance

Seth Partnow Analysis: Measuring individual defense is hard;...

Saw an article on the Athletic today, breaking down the metrics of Klay Thompson and Donovan Mitchell's defense. Most notably, they're mentioning how the metrics don't seem to be a real accurate depiction of defensive value. Here are a few excerpts:

"Bringing it back to our two case studies, we can see that Thompson quite frequently drew the toughest assignments compared to other Warriors perimeter players, while Mitchell leaned heavily on Ricky Rubio to take on those challenges

It should be no surprise that primary offensive options tend to be significantly better at, well, initiating offense than lower usage counterparts, so naturally guarding other options is going to be easier in ways that should show up in terms of allowed efficiency.

Meanwhile, Thompson quite frequently drew the toughest assignments for the Warriors and was almost never hidden. On an individual level, the results are difficult to ascertain from public data, as the manner in which Synergy play types are not really amenable to comparisons between players. That data is only capturing efficiency on play ending attempts. So if a player isolates on Thompson, breaks him down, gets to the basket and dishes to a teammate for a dunk, that play is not debited from Thompson’s account while if on the same iso, he stonewalls the ballhandler for 8 seconds before forcing a pass out into a rushed jumper, he won’t receive any credit for destroying an opponent possession.

And in fact, those particular metrics have never much liked Thompson. In the five previous seasons he ranked 233rd, 278th, 266th, 278th and 215th in DRPM, though even this info requires a caveat. It turns out that Thompson is a specific player type that defensive metrics with large box score components simply miss on. He has always had somewhat pedestrian traditional defensive stats, never averaging more than 3.4 defensive rebounds or 1.1 steals per game despite routinely averaging 34-35 minutes per game, and while these counting stats do tend to be correlated with good individual defense, they aren’t determinative. Previous research has indicated that DRPM in particular can overweight those counting stats of certain categories of players to either their benefit (bigs who chase blocks and rebounds) or detriment (solid, but “non-stat-y” perimeter players.) So when these stats grade Curry out higher than Thompson, a lot of what is being picking up is Steph having higher steal and rebound numbers. To come full circle, Thompson taking on those more difficult individual assignments could be part of what allows Curry to use his quickness and ability to read the game to be more of a ballhawk. In effect, Thompson is occupying blockers so Steph can make the tackle."

Awesome post

Thanks!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, hey, that's why i said i wanna wait til mid-season to judge. I'm hoping like Hell we get better...:noidea:
And I would too if I were you.....but even if you don't that O still might carry you to a title.

Not sure why you get so bent out of shape hearing that....well, depending who says it.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I would too if I were you.....but even if you don't that O still might carry you to a title.

Not sure why you get so bent out of shape hearing that....well, depending who says it.

"bent out of shape"...

CLEARLY you and WiggityWack give Yourselves WAY too much credit...:pound:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"bent out of shape"...

CLEARLY you and WiggityWack give Yourselves WAY too much credit...:pound:
You complain when i tell you the Chiefs D is not very good. Hear it from someone else it's "yeah..I hope they can improve".

It's comical, really.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at the least the Browns and Chiefs can unite under their mutual ownage of the Ravens this year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you certainly are...

in your own words, never change...:lol:
Not capable of big boy discussion.

How many times do I need to say the Chiefs are a great team and are 1 of the 2 favs in the AFC (maybe the NFL)?

What's funny, is you actually agreed with what I have said.

Hilarious.