• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean it sure seemed that way

the offense was much more creative, the offense was much more balanced--- instead of just throwing to OBJ they opened it up a lot.

I mean- its clear that in Game 1 the team was just not ready- for whatever reason- and there were probably many- and that was a game where it was 13-15 near the end of the 3rd quarter before things got out of hand.

It just seems like they are going through typical growing pains with a first year head coach, 2nd year QB, and a lot of new players that did not play much during the preseason.

The only thing is- with how brutal the first half of the schedule is, they need to get out of it, AT LEAST 3-5, hopefully 4-4 to have a chance.

The 2nd half they should be able to get some momentum and really roll.

and i mean, if they can beat the Ravens at home, the division is going to be wide open for them. They could easily win this division with 9 wins if you ask me, as long as they beat Baltimore the 2nd time.
I'd say they could really roll in second half if they could just be 4-4 first half and seems doable. @NE seems like a sure loss but @SF, Seattle and @Denver all winnable. Getting 2 of those 3 not a crazy ask. 6-2 or even 7-1 very possible second half.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
22.8 huh? Interesting. Because according to 247sports.com is was 21.95 (Nick Chubb scores on 88-yard TD run)

dawgnation.com says it was 21.95 (Nick Chubb races 88 yards for longest NFL TD run of season)

brownswire.usatoday.com says is was 21.95 (Nick Chubb blazed the fastest speed of any NFL player on TD this season)

Hey @ChiefsLakers67 you'll get a laugh outta this.

don't get me wrong, he got up the field with a quickness. they replayed it on NFL network about 2 dozen times...

but leave it to WiggityWack to act like the guy was the Flash...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't get me wrong, he got up the field with a quickness. they replayed it on NFL network about 2 dozen times...

but leave it to WiggityWack to act like the guy was the Flash...

Nick Chubb > Usain Bolt

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They secured a win, but helped their offense played their part after the D allowed Detroit to go ahead, right?

You can't really think the KC is better than mediocre (and that's being kind) can you?

And, yes, I realize your team overall is kinda good and in the discussion for best in the league...but that's because of the offense. You do watch their games, right?

also got a defensive touchdown, but please keep nitpicking...:rolleyes2:

lol@"kinda good". one of the faves to come outta the AFC for the Super Bowl tyvm...

i'll wait for midseason report personally, IF you don't mind...

btw, i've followed the Chiefs since '67, but keep acting like you know my team better than i do. I'll allow it...:lol:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say they could really roll in second half if they could just be 4-4 first half and seems doable. @NE seems like a sure loss but @SF, Seattle and @Denver all winnable. Getting 2 of those 3 not a crazy ask. 6-2 or even 7-1 very possible second half.

@SF is not a winnable game. We're pretty much going 21-0 this year. They're giving us two extra wins after the season ends just to show how dominant the Niners were.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SF is not a winnable game. We're pretty much going 21-0 this year. They're giving us two extra wins after the season ends just to show how dominant the Niners were.

21-0 out of a possible 19 game season/post-season. verrryyyy impressive...

sounds like all time stuff if you ask me...:lol:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol@"kinda good". one of the faves to come outta the AFC for the Super Bowl tyvm...

btw, i've followed the Chiefs since '67, but keep acting like you know my team better than i do. I'll allow it...:lol:

You old mutha fucka!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The "kinda good" was a little sarcasm little buckaroo. The Chiefs defense is average at best. You are thinking they are above average?

Their offense, however, is elite. Elite O, average D can lead to a great season. Haven't said otherwise. I also think they are a fav. to come out of the AFC. It's them or NE.

You really take it as a sleight to say their D is not very good?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they will be in great shape if they can go 4-4 in the first half with that schedule.

It should be a very fun and interesting season.

Too bad the Tribe just ran out of gas.

Did you see Wyndlar is going to miss time to start the season? Thats a bummer. I wanted to see what he could do- and get him as much development time as possible

only silver lining is thati t will give the cavs time to feature some of the myriad of useful playerso n expiring contracts that that they can market at the trade deadline--- and then once the roster is cleared out a little- he should be more than ready to foll (far earlier, but you get what i mean)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "kinda good" was a little sarcasm little buckaroo. The Chiefs defense is average at best. You are thinking they are above average?

Their offense, however, is elite. Elite O, average D can lead to a great season. Haven't said otherwise. I also think they are a fav. to come out of the AFC. It's them or NE.

You really take it as a sleight to say their D is not very good?
yah- i dont know why he is so butt hurt about the fact that the Chiefs have a bad defense. Thats not breaking news to anyone. Most of their resources have been spent on the offense. Its an Andy Reid team. What do you expect?

If they traded for Ramsey I would feel better about them, but its awfully hard to win multiple playoff games in a row with a sub par defense - no matter how great your offense is. That is what will continually trip up the Chiefs if you ask me.

As much as Dorsey has improved the Browns offense, Ireally like how he has built hte defense and spent a lot of draft capital on the defensive side.

I mean, Ward was a #4 pick , Garret #1....he dealt for Vernon, they spent picks on Mack and takitaki who both look like future solid LB's.....Greedy was a high pick....they traded for Randle.

Browns have some nice balance. Browns defense is easily WAY more talented than the Chiefs. Not even close.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am worried about the game.

Browns def. have more talent- but SF is at home, coming off a bye, and Browns have to travel across country.

The game could hinge on how healthy the Browns are---- I hope Landry can play (he left the game late with a concussion), Higgins has missed mulitple games now in a row, and the Browns have been missing their 2 starting corners the last 2 games (in addition to their starting safety and starting outside linebacker- Kirksey).

The depth has been nice- and a dominant d-line can cover up for some injuries in the sceondary, but ya gotta think missing so much talent in the back 7 is going to catch up with them at some point.

SF is good too. They are a solid team. They play well and are tough. Remind me a little of the titans--- not super talented, but well coached, and tough, especially at home.