• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bks, so far so good vs the Cowboys. lol beat these guys...

That always makes me happy.

It is pointless rooting for the Redskins to win these days. All I have to look forward to is hoping the Cowboys can lose.

Good news though:

Redskins are going to get a top pick next year. And since the wasted this year’s pick on Haskins, they aren’t likely to take a QB again next year. With Haskins likely starting in 2020, Trevor Lawrence is a real possibility.

And the best news of all?

Bruce Allen and Jon Gruden can’t possibly survive this season.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is pointless rooting for the Redskins to win these days. All I have to look forward to is hoping the Cowboys can lose.

Good news though:

Redskins are going to get a top pick next year. And since the wasted this year’s pick on Haskins, they aren’t likely to take a QB again next year. With Haskins likely starting in 2020, Trevor Lawrence is a real possibility.

man, with your current ownership I feel sorry for the Redskins. Snyder is definitely one o' the worst...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rest of league is doing media day today.

The off season is now officially over.

Preseason gets started this weekend

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good news though:

lol between the Redskins and Wizards - i could not tell you which one was worse.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol between the Redskins and Wizards - i could not tell you which one was worse.

I would go with Skins.

Wiz actually had a decent plan. Wall and Beal just didn't live up to team expectations in some years. That team should have found a way to the ECF a few seasons IMO

I have no clue what the skins been doing for years now

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need it too. Admittedly their D had me worried after Bmore's first 2-3 drives in second half when we couldn't really stop them....other than their self inflicted fumble.

Thought Baker played great...made a number of nice throws and Freddie was calling plays like last season.

Now they need to not get too high (like we needed to not get too low last week). Just shut up and play.
on Chubb's run:

for anyone that cares, clocked in at 22.8 MPH top speed. Fastest recorded speed by any RB ever and faster than 96% of the all skill positions offense and Defensively in the NFL. #RBU #SCOOTIN

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on Chubb's run:

for anyone that cares, clocked in at 22.8 MPH top speed. Fastest recorded speed by any RB ever and faster than 96% of the all skill positions offense and Defensively in the NFL. #RBU #SCOOTIN

when he's faster than Tyreek Hill have this clown get back to me...:D

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go with Skins.

Wiz actually had a decent plan. Wall and Beal just didn't live up to team expectations in some years. That team should have found a way to the ECF a few seasons IMO

as I said, gotta love Dan Snyder...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
especially since they will be coming off a bye.

I dont like the fact that San Fran will have a week of rest and preparation on the Browns, but i sitll think the Browns should win the game unless Higgins and Landry are both out and the defensive backfield continues to be decimated by injuries

im hoping Ward and Greedy are back next week. That would be huge- very helpful

Calloway is supposed to be back next week as well- but it will prob take some time for him to get acclimated. I hope Higgins is back. He has always been the guy that Baker has the best chemistry with and was his safety valve a lot. I really hpoe he is back.
Have to think better off with Ward and Greedy back, but have to say the vets back there have really picked up the slack. Would definitely be nice to have Higgins/Callaway back, especially if Landry cannot go.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you say, but that below average defense secured a win today._.

get back to me about mid-season. we'll see where they're at then...

as far as the offense goes, yeah, i kinda had a clue...and that's without our best receiver and lineman...

hey, if WiggityWack can pull the excuse card...
They secured a win, but helped their offense played their part after the D allowed Detroit to go ahead, right?

You can't really think the KC is better than mediocre (and that's being kind) can you?

And, yes, I realize your team overall is kinda good and in the discussion for best in the league...but that's because of the offense. You do watch their games, right?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good news though:

I do feel for ya. When Haslem used to take shit I really felt like if he ever found the right people to run the team (and they found a QB) they would succeed. I'm not so sure the same can be said of Snyder (as I'm guessing you've known for a while).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go with Skins.

Agree....even if things were going well for Skins I wouldn't confident Snyder wouldn't mess it up.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on Chubb's run:

Have to think Freddie took some control away from Monken this week, right? Definitely had them playing more like last year with quicker throws and he brought back his creativity from last season.

But, like last week when we needed to not get too low, cannot get too high over one big win.

I'm just hoping for a quiet week if that's possible.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88
@tlance

Seth Partnow Analysis: Measuring individual defense is hard;...

Saw an article on the Athletic today, breaking down the metrics of Klay Thompson and Donovan Mitchell's defense. Most notably, they're mentioning how the metrics don't seem to be a real accurate depiction of defensive value. Here are a few excerpts:

"Bringing it back to our two case studies, we can see that Thompson quite frequently drew the toughest assignments compared to other Warriors perimeter players, while Mitchell leaned heavily on Ricky Rubio to take on those challenges

It should be no surprise that primary offensive options tend to be significantly better at, well, initiating offense than lower usage counterparts, so naturally guarding other options is going to be easier in ways that should show up in terms of allowed efficiency.

Meanwhile, Thompson quite frequently drew the toughest assignments for the Warriors and was almost never hidden. On an individual level, the results are difficult to ascertain from public data, as the manner in which Synergy play types are not really amenable to comparisons between players. That data is only capturing efficiency on play ending attempts. So if a player isolates on Thompson, breaks him down, gets to the basket and dishes to a teammate for a dunk, that play is not debited from Thompson’s account while if on the same iso, he stonewalls the ballhandler for 8 seconds before forcing a pass out into a rushed jumper, he won’t receive any credit for destroying an opponent possession.

And in fact, those particular metrics have never much liked Thompson. In the five previous seasons he ranked 233rd, 278th, 266th, 278th and 215th in DRPM, though even this info requires a caveat. It turns out that Thompson is a specific player type that defensive metrics with large box score components simply miss on. He has always had somewhat pedestrian traditional defensive stats, never averaging more than 3.4 defensive rebounds or 1.1 steals per game despite routinely averaging 34-35 minutes per game, and while these counting stats do tend to be correlated with good individual defense, they aren’t determinative. Previous research has indicated that DRPM in particular can overweight those counting stats of certain categories of players to either their benefit (bigs who chase blocks and rebounds) or detriment (solid, but “non-stat-y” perimeter players.) So when these stats grade Curry out higher than Thompson, a lot of what is being picking up is Steph having higher steal and rebound numbers. To come full circle, Thompson taking on those more difficult individual assignments could be part of what allows Curry to use his quickness and ability to read the game to be more of a ballhawk. In effect, Thompson is occupying blockers so Steph can make the tackle."

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to think better off with Ward and Greedy back, but have to say the vets back there have really picked up the slack. Would definitely be nice to have Higgins/Callaway back, especially if Landry cannot go.
yah i cant wait to see the defense with our starting corners. Browns def. do have some nice depth in their defensive backfield though- which is ap retty nice thing to have.

Chubb is awesome. I cant wait to see him AND Hunt at the same itme. That is going to be insane- using Hunt more for passing downs and to give Chubb a breather.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They secured a win, but helped their offense played their part after the D allowed Detroit to go ahead, right?

You can't really think the KC is better than mediocre (and that's being kind) can you?

And, yes, I realize your team overall is kinda good and in the discussion for best in the league...but that's because of the offense. You do watch their games, right?
oh yah- KC is a very good team - no doubt about it- but they wont win anything for the same reason they usually dont- a defense that is just not good enough and not talented enough to get it done.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to think Freddie took some control away from Monken this week, right? Definitely had them playing more like last year with quicker throws and he brought back his creativity from last season.

But, like last week when we needed to not get too low, cannot get too high over one big win.

I'm just hoping for a quiet week if that's possible.
i mean it sure seemed that way

the offense was much more creative, the offense was much more balanced--- instead of just throwing to OBJ they opened it up a lot.

I mean- its clear that in Game 1 the team was just not ready- for whatever reason- and there were probably many- and that was a game where it was 13-15 near the end of the 3rd quarter before things got out of hand.

It just seems like they are going through typical growing pains with a first year head coach, 2nd year QB, and a lot of new players that did not play much during the preseason.

The only thing is- with how brutal the first half of the schedule is, they need to get out of it, AT LEAST 3-5, hopefully 4-4 to have a chance.

The 2nd half they should be able to get some momentum and really roll.

and i mean, if they can beat the Ravens at home, the division is going to be wide open for them. They could easily win this division with 9 wins if you ask me, as long as they beat Baltimore the 2nd time.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on Chubb's run:

22.8 huh? Interesting. Because according to 247sports.com is was 21.95 (Nick Chubb scores on 88-yard TD run)

dawgnation.com says it was 21.95 (Nick Chubb races 88 yards for longest NFL TD run of season)

brownswire.usatoday.com says is was 21.95 (Nick Chubb blazed the fastest speed of any NFL player on TD this season)

Hey @ChiefsLakers67 you'll get a laugh outta this.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i cant wait to see the defense with our starting corners. Browns def. do have some nice depth in their defensive backfield though- which is ap retty nice thing to have.

Chubb is awesome. I cant wait to see him AND Hunt at the same itme. That is going to be insane- using Hunt more for passing downs and to give Chubb a breather.
Landry, OBJ, Higgins, Callaway, Hunt, Chubb? Might do some damage....though no lock all can ever be healthy/active