• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of things have caused it. Some is on Baker, some is on others, some is expected.

It seems fairly obvious based on the number of commercials he's in, that Baker spent a lot of time in the off-season doing things other than preparing for this season. That's on him.

Some is that the Browns added some nice talent, but they made their o-line worse. That's not on him.

Some is that Kitchens seems a little overwhelmed trying to be head coach and call plays. If he wants to call plays, then he needs to delegate some of his other in game responsibilities (like clock management). Right now, both play calling and the other responsibilities are suffering.

And a good bit of it is that defenses are giving him different looks and it's causing some confusion. Some of that is on him (not spending enough time working on his game), but most of it is a young qb learning.

BOOM.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody see this? Disrespectful....

View attachment 217861

It's not disrespectful. These are the rankings for the upcoming season. Klay won't be available until late Feb or March. Can't have a guy as a top 20/30 player for the upcoming season when he is likely going to miss 50-60 games.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of things have caused it. Some is on Baker, some is on others, some is expected.

It seems fairly obvious based on the number of commercials he's in, that Baker spent a lot of time in the off-season doing things other than preparing for this season. That's on him.

Some is that the Browns added some nice talent, but they made their o-line worse. That's not on him.

Some is that Kitchens seems a little overwhelmed trying to be head coach and call plays. If he wants to call plays, then he needs to delegate some of his other in game responsibilities (like clock management). Right now, both play calling and the other responsibilities are suffering.

And a good bit of it is that defenses are giving him different looks and it's causing some confusion. Some of that is on him (not spending enough time working on his game), but most of it is a young qb learning.
all is this spot on

But I do wonder if the narrative would be different had he played 3 poor defenses like Miami, Az and KC.

Isn't to excuse him because, as mentioned, you are spot on. Just wondering.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More funny is you say this as though you watched the film to know......And what Baker said is dead on, as well.

Baker need to worry about playing QB better instead of responding to everyone who isn't kissing his ass.

That's the problem with the Browns. They're too busy responding to the media. OBJ was out here talking about the Giants non stop for several months following the trade. Worry about playing good football instead.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker need to worry about playing QB better instead of responding to everyone who isn't kissing his ass.

That's the problem with the Browns. They're too busy responding to the media. Worry about playing good football instead.
which was why I said I wish he would stop making these comments.....but it was hilarious.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I do wonder if the narrative would be different had he played 3 poor defenses like Miami, Az and KC.

It might be. Part of his and the Browns success last year, was that they had a fairly easy schedule. This year, they have a tougher schedule and it's front loaded. So they couldn't feast on weaker teams/defenses while getting everyone on the same page.

Heck, if you just flip flopped their schedule this year so they play the easier 2nd half of the schedule first, the narrative would change a bit. It might change to something like..."He looks good now. Let's see what he does against the 2nd half of the schedule." But it would be different.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be. Part of his and the Browns success last year, was that they had a fairly easy schedule. This year, they have a tougher schedule and it's front loaded. So they couldn't feast on weaker teams/defenses while getting everyone on the same page.

Heck, if you just flip flopped their schedule this year so they play the easier 2nd half of the schedule first, the narrative would change a bit. It might change to something like..."He looks good now. Let's see what he does against the 2nd half of the schedule." But it would be different.
well said.....so often one play can flip a narrative 180 degrees (for many teams). Make the right read, hit Landry on 3rd down, then win in OT, there is no angst and now the fans are higher than they should be.

Beat Bmore and it might be higher than it should be as there are definitely some concerns.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the problem with the Browns. They're too busy responding to the media. OBJ was out here talking about the Giants non stop for several months following the trade. Worry about playing good football instead.

ah well, the NBA preseason is almost here, so we won't have to talk about Skidmarks football much longer... :heh:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said it was all his fault.

I only said he has played poorly.

Which is true.

In fact, in my original post on this topic that I think you may have even quoted, I actually said the only offensive player who actually played well on Sunday was Chubb.

I never claimed you said it was his fault. It was just a question. But no doubt Mayfield (and the team) has played poorly.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah well, the NBA preseason is almost here, so we won't have to talk about Skidmarks football much longer... :heh:

:pound:

It's bizarre that you always call them the Skidmarks when they were named after a person & not a thing. :D