• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tribe has 93 wins, will prob finish with 95 wins, and might miss the extended playoffs. Hard to believe that 95 wins would not guaranty at least a wild card......pretty hard to believe that this Indians team, with all the crap that has gone on, will get to 95 or so wins, and even harder to believe that wont be enough.

If you would have told me that Kluber would miss almost the entire year, Lindor would have no spring training and miss the 1st month+ of the season, that Clev would miss 2+ months with a serious injury, that Carrasco would get cancer- be ineffective and then not start another game for the rest of the year, that Jose Ramirez would slump badly for the first half and then break a bone in his wrist, that Kipnis would break a bone in his wrist, that one of the best platoons in baseball- Naquin and Luplow would both suffer major injuries, that the Tribe's arugable best 2 prospects- Zimmer and McKenzie would each not play an inning due to injuries--- I would have guessed 80 wins at most.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tribe has 93 wins, will prob finish with 95 wins, and might miss the extended playoffs. Hard to believe that 95 wins would not guaranty at least a wild card......pretty hard to believe that this Indians team, with all the crap that has gone on, will get to 95 or so wins, and even harder to believe that wont be enough.

If you would have told me that Kluber would miss almost the entire year, Lindor would have no spring training and miss the 1st month+ of the season, that Clev would miss 2+ months with a serious injury, that Carrasco would get cancer- be ineffective and then not start another game for the rest of the year, that Jose Ramirez would slump badly for the first half and then break a bone in his wrist, that Kipnis would break a bone in his wrist, that one of the best platoons in baseball- Naquin and Luplow would both suffer major injuries, that the Tribe's arugable best 2 prospects- Zimmer and McKenzie would each not play an inning due to injuries--- I would have guessed 80 wins at most.

AL is ridiculous.

If the Tribe gets to 95 wins as you said they would then that means we would have 6 teams with at least 95 wins in the AL and 2 of them will miss the "real" playoffs. Meanwhile there are only 2 95+ win teams in the NL

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AL is ridiculous.

If the Tribe gets to 95 wins as you said they would then that means we would have 6 teams with at least 95 wins in the AL and 2 of them will miss the "real" playoffs. Meanwhile there are only 2 95+ win teams in the NL
Assuming you realize because the AL has a number of awful to god awful teams.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AL is ridiculous.

Would think if Tribe missed playoffs it would have had to do with the cheap Dolans, but can't really put it on them. sure, they could have kept Brantley but they are going to win MORE games this season.

Obviously, the difference for us is Twins got good.

If we wanted we could pin it on one other thing......how they played against the WSox. So far 8-10 against them. Even 10-8 would be less than what they should have done, but that 2 game difference puts them in control of their destiny.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not disrespectful. These are the rankings for the upcoming season. Klay won't be available until late Feb or March. Can't have a guy as a top 20/30 player for the upcoming season when he is likely going to miss 50-60 games.

And Zion has never played a game in the regular season.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Kobe never was my favorite Laker.

It's cool. Kobe is actually sabotaging him, feeding him information that Kawhi thinks will help him but will actually screw up his game

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that sucks. A stress reaction does not normally get better unless you take a significant amount of time off.

i remember Z had problems with his feet. Whenever a big man gets problems with his feet it is a precarious thing. Being 6' 8" 220 lbs. or whatever and jumping up and down is extremely tough on your feet - and if you have problems they can creep up when you least expect it.

hopefully he gets fully healthy and doees not have any future problems, but thats usually not how these things work.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully they are just being cautious. I don't really care if he misses camp. It's not a big deal

He should be fine as long as he doesn't try to rush back. It's a reaction, not a fracture, so the bone isn't compromised.

So far, I believe the Lakers have said that he will miss the first 2 weeks of training camp.

Based on what I read, it's about 4 weeks of rest and then easing back in. If memory serves, it was first announced a couple of weeks ago. If treatment start at that time, then it looks like he's on track.