• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He was bad.

The problem with that stat is that you fail to acknowledge that there was zero vertical element to the Browns passing game. The 11-14 you referenced were all on screens and quick slants where he hit his first read in 2 seconds or less.

Sorry, but that is not quality QB play. You look at the truly dynamic offenses and they all have the ability to push the ball downfield. Cleveland Has not had that through 3 games. Sure the line is a huge factor there, but Baker Mayfield was bad on Sunday. And if he doesn’t figure out how to stand in under pressure, progress past his first read and deliver the ball downfield, the Browns aren’t going anywhere this year.
Pretty much agree with this. This is not how they played last season in second half. They kept Baker upright AND he threw downfield.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike McCarthy is probably not your answer.

He is a pretty unimaginative play caller.
I don't like him either...too late but I wanted Arians at the time with Freddie as a coach in waiting gaining experience.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns are in trouble & Mayfield hasn't looked good. Do you think the OL issues have anything to do with his poor play or is everything simply his fault?
I think O-line definitely plays a role. Clearly guard is not as good and while I have never been a fan of Hubbard his backup who payed is worse.

I'd say it's mostly scheme, though Baker has definitely made some mistakes. He had Landry open on 3rd down Sunday.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think O-line definitely plays a role. Clearly guard is not as good and while I have never been a fan of Hubbard his backup who payed is worse.

I'd say it's mostly scheme though.

I'm still upset with the media for overly pimping them up this off season. I had a bad feeling it would backfire. So far I'm right. But I do find it funny that the same sports media that praised the team for what they thought they would do now rip them. Instead of those talking heads yelling about how overrated the Browns are maybe they should be yelling at themselves for the absurd expectations they placed on team.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still upset with the media for overly pimping them up this off season. I had a bad feeling it would backfire. So far I'm right. But I do find it funny that the same sports media that praised the team for what they thought they would do now rip them. Instead of those talking heads yelling about how overrated the Browns are maybe they should be yelling at themselves for the absurd expectations they placed on team.

The media always wants to assume big jumps in success for teams, gives them something to talk about. By exaggerating, they have a story either way (whether the team actually gets there, or falls short of "expectations").

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Even Bob Myers couldn't even comment on what they were planning to do with Klay and KD this past off-season. He just said they would have conversations and take it from there. I found it odd, but kind of makes more sense now that the Bucks were fined for this. Seems pretty petty.

Pretty typical of the NBA. They try to clamp down on tampering, and who do they nab? The player's current team lol.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started fantasy football out with a win week one. Since then I’ve lose two in a row. My season looks to be in trouble

4 leagues this year, 3-0 in 3 and 0-3 in the other. 0-3 in a 16 team league is going to be a tough to come back from, but at least I might get in position for a top keeper pick next year (had won 3 of the last 5 years, but my keepers are aging out).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you've noticed, but Cowhurd has actually refrained from ripping Baker to criticizing Dorsey. Main beef is he hired Freddie because he can control him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you've noticed, but Cowhurd has actually refrained from ripping Baker to criticizing Dorsey. Main beef is he hired Freddie because he can control him.

I refuse to listen to anything Cowturd says. And when Screamin' A. Smith's on tv I have to mute it or I get a headache.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Jeffrey's injured. Shame too as when he's healthy he's a pretty good WR. His absence could be a big reason why the Eagles are 1-2.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to listen to anything Cowturd says. And when Screamin' A. Smith's on tv I have to mute it or I get a headache.
I gave up on him, as well (brother told me about this) which is sad....I used to like him a lot when he was just a radio guy.

You know me as a reply base on post and not poster guy (guessing you've heard this) and while I don't care for him lately, I happen to think his point about Dorsey/Freddy has merit.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I wish Baker would just shut up and play his reply to Rex Ryan's comments about him was hilarious.

“In the wise words of (head coach) Freddie Kitchens,” he said, “‘If you don’t wear orange and brown, you don’t matter,’ and Rex Ryan doesn’t have any colors right now for a reason. So, it’s okay.”

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns are in trouble & Mayfield hasn't looked good. Do you think the OL issues have anything to do with his poor play or is everything simply his fault?

I never said it was all his fault.

I only said he has played poorly.

Which is true.

In fact, in my original post on this topic that I think you may have even quoted, I actually said the only offensive player who actually played well on Sunday was Chubb.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I wish Baker would just shut up and play his reply to Rex Ryan's comments about him was hilarious.

“In the wise words of (head coach) Freddie Kitchens,” he said, “‘If you don’t wear orange and brown, you don’t matter,’ and Rex Ryan doesn’t have any colors right now for a reason. So, it’s okay.”

Funny but Rex said about him was dead on. He is a 1 read QB.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are a lot of things have caused it. Some is on Baker, some is on others, some is expected.

It seems fairly obvious based on the number of commercials he's in, that Baker spent a lot of time in the off-season doing things other than preparing for this season. That's on him.

Some is that the Browns added some nice talent, but they made their o-line worse. That's not on him.

Some is that Kitchens seems a little overwhelmed trying to be head coach and call plays. If he wants to call plays, then he needs to delegate some of his other in game responsibilities (like clock management). Right now, both play calling and the other responsibilities are suffering.

And a good bit of it is that defenses are giving him different looks and it's causing some confusion. Some of that is on him (not spending enough time working on his game), but most of it is a young qb learning.