• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too early to call Baker a bust. He's a 2nd year qb who there is now a book on and who's playing against a much tougher schedule. He has more talent at the skill positions than last year, but his OL isn't as good as last year.

Because of their schedule, they may actually be a better team than last year, but finish with about the same record. What will be interesting is how he adjusts to what teams are now doing to him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one will admit it, but I believe whoever made the call (or changed the call) thought it was 3rd down.....which is even worse.

Whatever happened it was one of the worst coaching brain feezes I've even seen.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too early to call Baker a bust. He's a 2nd year qb who there is now a book on and who's playing against a much tougher schedule. He has more talent at the skill positions than last year, but his OL isn't as good as last year.

Because of their schedule, they may actually be a better team than last year, but finish with about the same record. What will be interesting is how he adjusts to what teams are now doing to him.
correct....many are loving what Lamar Jackson has done, for instance, but needs to be considered he's gone up against 3 pretty bad defenses.

But Baker's early performance is still somewhat of a concern.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever happened it was one of the worst coaching brain feezes I've even seen.
It's up there.

Have come off Freddy a little on the last 4 plays as it seems Baker/OBJ were right it wasn't all playcalling. I think Chubb should have gotten the ball on 1st down but 2nd and 3rd the call was OK. Or at least not as bad as I thought. Baker missed Landry open on 2nd and OBJ in the corner on 3rd down.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's up there.

Have come off Freddy a little on the last 4 plays as it seems Baker/OBJ were right it wasn't all playcalling. I think Chubb should have gotten the ball on 1st down but 2nd and 3rd the call was OK. Or at least not as bad as I thought. Baker missed Landry open on 2nd and OBJ in the corner on 3rd down.

I had sportscenter on the other day & they were saying that for last year when the Browns started to turn things around & the offense looked much better Freddy had a 3rd person person helping with the play calling & that person's no longer with the organization.

You hear more about Browns stuff than I do. Is there any truth to what I heard the other day? Because if that's the case & the offense stays stuck in neutral all season long maybe fire Freddy & replace him with Mike McCarthy? And I don't want you to think I've given up on him, I haven't. It's just an off the wall suggestion if the struggles continue all season long.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had sportscenter on the other day & they were saying that for last year when the Browns started to turn things around & the offense looked much better Freddy had a 3rd person person helping with the play calling & that person's no longer with the organization.

You hear more about Browns stuff than I do. Is there any truth to what I heard the other day? Because if that's the case & the offense stays stuck in neutral all season long maybe fire Freddy & replace him with Mike McCarthy? And I don't want you to think I've given up on him, I haven't. It's just an off the wall suggestion if the struggles continue all season long.
It's from a Bob wylie rant which seems like it might have some merit. He was probably speaking of QB coach, Ken Zampese (along with Al saunders and himself).....

Bob Wylie rips Freddie Kitchens in a bitter radio interview

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He either makes the roster and is a steal or Draymond kills him in training camp. Could go either way.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not entirely true. When he didn't hold onto the ball too long he completed somewhere around 11 of 14 passes. When he held onto the ball too long that's when he found himself in trouble. To say he played a bad game all around is incorrect.

But the inexperience of Mayfield is far from their worst problem. The OL scares the hell outta me.

No. He was bad.

The problem with that stat is that you fail to acknowledge that there was zero vertical element to the Browns passing game. The 11-14 you referenced were all on screens and quick slants where he hit his first read in 2 seconds or less.

Sorry, but that is not quality QB play. You look at the truly dynamic offenses and they all have the ability to push the ball downfield. Cleveland Has not had that through 3 games. Sure the line is a huge factor there, but Baker Mayfield was bad on Sunday. And if he doesn’t figure out how to stand in under pressure, progress past his first read and deliver the ball downfield, the Browns aren’t going anywhere this year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t think anybody is calling him a bust.

But he has played poorly so far this season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mike McCarthy is probably not your answer.

He is a pretty unimaginative play caller.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He was bad.

The problem with that stat is that you fail to acknowledge that there was zero vertical element to the Browns passing game. The 11-14 you referenced were all on screens and quick slants where he hit his first read in 2 seconds or less.

Sorry, but that is not quality QB play. You look at the truly dynamic offenses and they all have the ability to push the ball downfield. Cleveland Has not had that through 3 games. Sure the line is a huge factor there, but Baker Mayfield was bad on Sunday. And if he doesn’t figure out how to stand in under pressure, progress past his first read and deliver the ball downfield, the Browns aren’t going anywhere this year.

Yep, exactly.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can’t even tamper with your own player?

WTF?

Nope. Even Bob Myers couldn't even comment on what they were planning to do with Klay and KD this past off-season. He just said they would have conversations and take it from there. I found it odd, but kind of makes more sense now that the Bucks were fined for this. Seems pretty petty.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He was bad.

also factor that the Rams adjustment of interior rush on the defensive side had a lot to do with with Mayfield holding the ball too long. getting rushed out of his comfort space had a lot to do with him hanging onto the ball too long...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Even Bob Myers couldn't even comment on what they were planning to do with Klay and KD this past off-season. He just said they would have conversations and take it from there. I found it odd, but kind of makes more sense now that the Bucks were fined for this. Seems pretty petty.

Yeah, really does not make sense.

You should be allowed to pre-negotiate with your own player any time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can’t even tamper with your own player?

WTF?

The league has lost it's mind.

I get that the tampering has gotten a bit out of control, but now you can't talk about your own player?

No problem with the league making the penalties for tampering a lot stronger...but this is just crazy.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He was bad.

The Browns are in trouble & Mayfield hasn't looked good. Do you think the OL issues have anything to do with his poor play or is everything simply his fault?

Last edited: