• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy will give Ohio State a better game than FAU that's for sure. As far as Fields I think 12 carries in his 1st career start was a bit much. I'm guessing some were by design though. I can't compare him to JT after just one start. But if he can be anywhere near as effective as Barrett was that would obviously be a plus.

My main concern on the offensive end is what will the inexperience do to the running game & pass protection as the Buckeyes get deeper into the season.
It's definitely a concern, but possible they'll be fine as they usually are as most of the O-line were highly thought of recruits. But, yeah, so many new ones at once could be an issue.

Have to admit I've become less of a Dobbins fan. As a freshman looked like he could become an elite back like Hyde and Zeke. Now I just don't see it. Hope I'm wrong. Isn't to say he'll be bad, but a 1300-1500 yard+ season with 7 ypc doesn't seem to be in the cards with him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely a concern, but possible they'll be fine as they usually are as most of the O-line were highly thought of recruits. But, yeah, so many new ones at once could be an issue.

Have to admit I've become less of a Dobbins fan. As a freshman looked like he could become an elite back like Hyde and Zeke. Now I just don't see it. Hope I'm wrong. Isn't to say he'll be bad, but a 1300-1500 yard+ season with 7 ypc doesn't seem to be in the cards with him.

No amount of practice can replace in-game action. But since Ohio State has a damn good recent history of solid OL not overly concerned about it.

As far as Dobbins. Just goes to show what solid OL play can do for a RB. By the end of the year hoepfully though he'll put together some good numbers.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is considered relevant? Where the Lakers were in year 5 of their rebuild? I'd say they'll have hit that "level" by year 3 at the latest.

Playoff team who could actually scare a top 1-3 seed (or be a 1-3 seed)? Not sure, but year 4 wouldn't surprise me.

Legit title contender? Truth be told, possible might not happen for a long time. Gonna need a lot of luck for that to happen again.

Hope these rational, objective answers don't shock your irrational senses.

Claiming the cavs are going to be any more than a complete cluster-fuck for the next decade isn't a rational answer.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,014.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has a better future the knicks or the cavs. I think that is a tough question but I would have to go with the Knick’s in this case but in both cases they both have terrible futures

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has a better future the knicks or the cavs. I think that is a tough question but I would have to go with the Knick’s in this case but in both cases they both have terrible futures

The Knicks have more allure than the cavs.

There isn't a single NBA player alive that would rather play in the Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse over MSG

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Knicks are more jinxed than the Cavs. Dan Gilbert might be an idiot. But Dolan's just a moron. Only 5 playoff appearances this century & 1 playoff series win.

And while Cleveland's a damn tough sell for any FA (they better hope their draft picks are good) who exactly has NY landed to turn the team around? Melo? Yeah he did wonders for them.

The logical answer should be the Knicks. After all N.Y. >>>>>>>>>>> Cleveland. But Dolan's the X factor. Players know all about his dumbfuckery.

Oh yeah just a FYI. Maybe it's time for an avatar change. You do realize that Meyer's no longer the coach in Columbus don't you?:heh:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe Klay can practice vs this guy?

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,014.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knick’s don’t have history on there side. If u look at Knick’s history it’s just a joke and if u look at the cavs history u got the James era to lean on

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knick’s don’t have history on there side. If u look at Knick’s history it’s just a joke and if u look at the cavs history u got the James era to lean on

Lebron doesn't play for the Cavs anymore. Plus the Knicks have 2 championships in their history. Both are far in the rear view mirror.

Put it this way, if a player with no affiliation to either Cleveland or NY gets offered the exact same contract for the same money, and gets the exact same role on the team, not a single player would ever pick the Cavs over the Knicks

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,014.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron doesn't play for the Cavs anymore. Plus the Knicks have 2 championships in their history. Both are far in the rear view mirror.

Put it this way, if a player with no affiliation to either Cleveland or NY gets offered the exact same contract for the same money, and gets the exact same role on the team, not a single player would ever pick the Cavs over the Knicks
great point and thats the problem they all want to go elsewhere and i dont see that changing anytime soon

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets booted I think it will be because there are posters you like more than others. No more no less.

You dismiss this notion, but it's kind of a fact no one argues with him/herself. But do what ya gotta do.

Lol. I got banned because I don't like the righf team, or you don't like my team, or you don't like me, etc. etc.

Pretty much what every troll who gets banned says.

It's never their fault. Because they clearly aren't ever warned.

But hey, "it's not me, it's everyone else" is pretty much your go to. So I shouldn't be surprised that you can't be more original.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree with all of this.......but can't just sweep what wiggy and Bart have said under the rug. They could very well be right. Where I disagree with them is we just can't know.

Certainly not done by any stretch but cannot imagine they are the players they were 3 years ago.

Which is pretty much what folks with no agenda are saying. Might their run be over? Yes. It's damn hard to keep a team on top year after year. Especially with that many deep playoff runs in a row. Heck, the Spurs were in the mix for 20 years and won 5 titles. But they only had back to back finals appearances once.

On the other hand. If they can rely on their experience and get some good, veteran role players, they can stay in the mix for awhile.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is pretty much what folks with no agenda are saying. Might their run be over? Yes. It's damn hard to keep a team on top year after year. Especially with that many deep playoff runs in a row. Heck, the Spurs were in the mix for 20 years and won 5 titles. But they only had back to back finals appearances once.

On the other hand. If they can rely on their experience and get some good, veteran role players, they can stay in the mix for awhile.
This is all I've been saying
They are in the mix. Anyone saying "dynasty still on, total domination" or "they suck, no chance of competing" is being way too extreme