• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love when Wiggy gets all worked up. 1:45AM Friday night and he's just so mad no one acknowledges his genius

lol @ WiggityWack's "genius". if he doesn't think anyone can see his agenda is crystal clear he's an even BIGGER fool than I thought...

the boy's absolutely pathetic...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he has ever posted anything worthy of a ban or deletion, FWIW.

I don't care. I'm tired of the bullshit trolling fucking up threads for pages on end and causing folks to avoid them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly about my posting would warrant a virtual banning?

The fact that you asked that question shows why you won't be in the main thread during the season for very long.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't really blame tf12 for getting a little pissed off about it, though. some of these cats take their bullshit a bit too far...

There's no doubt about that. Hell I'm still laughing at that troll bart trying to tell me yesterday I'm drinking the MJ kool-aide because I think he'd dominate in todays NBA.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt about that. Hell I'm still laughing at that troll bart trying to tell me yesterday I'm drinking the MJ kool-aide because I think he'd dominate in todays NBA.

the thing i'll say about MJ is kinda what tf12 says with pretty much all the superstar players back in the day. IF those players had access to today's medicine, healthcare, technology, etc. who says they STILL couldn't be as dominant? just because a few young'uns come along and refuse to believe that doesn't make it true...

gotta love millennials...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't really blame tf12 for getting a little pissed off about it, though. some of these cats take their bullshit a bit too far...

I think everyone that's been posting here for a while knows that I'm good with some trolling. Especially in the off-season and especially when it's entertaining.

Dragging shit out for page after page to the point that folks are actively avoiding the NBA boards, despite being warned and asked to stop by multiple posters isn't ok.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing i'll say about MJ is kinda what tf12 says with pretty much all the superstar players back in the day. IF those players had access to today's medicine, healthcare, technology, etc. who syas they STILL couldn't be as dominant? just because a few young'uns come along and refuse to believe that doesn't make it true...

Perfectly said.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing i'll say about MJ is kinda what tf12 says with pretty much all the superstar players back in the day. IF those players had access to today's medicine, healthcare, technology, etc. who says they STILL couldn't be as dominant? just because a few young'uns come along and refuse to believe that doesn't make it true...

I agree for the most part.

At least from about 1975-1980 and on.

I do think when you go much further back then that there are legitimate questions because the potential player competition pool was so much smaller. Not saying Wilt and Elgin and those guys couldn’t have been great too, just less certain IMO then guys like MJ and Magic.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone that's been posting here for a while knows that I'm good with some trolling. Especially in the off-season and especially when it's entertaining.

Dragging shit out for page after page to the point that folks are actively avoiding the NBA boards, despite being warned and asked to stop by multiple posters isn't ok.

May I ask which poster we’re talking about?
I wasn’t here last night.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly. 1,000% its not a coincidence that for all intents and purposes his career was over at age 34. He as a shell of himself. And his debilitating achilees injury happened after a season and a streak of games where he played totally insane minute totals. There is irrefutable evidence that guys are a much bigger risk of injury when being red-lined which Kobe obviously was.

WE can all admire his work ethic - while also coming to the clear conclusion that he was stupid with how he approached his work load.

Yeah, his work ethic probably qualifies as a mental disorder.

I've heard both as far as what caused his Achilles injury. There have been some doctors who have said that it was likely because he was fatigued. The dude literally dragged that team into the playoffs almost entirely by himself.

I've also heard doctors say that it's unlikely that fatigue caused it and it could have happened stepping off a curb in the off-season.

On the other hand, I think there's a point where working out like crazy all the time can become counterproductive.

May not have been directly caused by his workload, But I doubt playing that many minutes, with that many miles on his body, at that age helped. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree for the most part.

At least from about 1975-1980 and on.

I do think when you go much further back then that there are legitimate questions because the potential player competition pool was so much smaller. Not saying Wilt and Elgin and those guys couldn’t have been great too, just less certain IMO then guys like MJ and Magic.

I'd still go back to the 60's but I think there are fewer players from that era that would be able to still be superstars in today's game given the same advances.

Wilt for example was 7 feet tall and very athletic. Today, he'd still be 7 feet tall and athletic, but with better medicine, training techniques, etc.

But some of the more "regular size players" like Elgin and Jerry West probably aren't the all-time greats they were in the 60's and 70's. They're likely still really good, maybe even all stars. But not all timers.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still go back to the 60's but I think there are fewer players from that era that would be able to still be superstars in today's game given the same advances.

Wilt for example was 7 feet tall and very athletic. Today, he'd still be 7 feet tall and athletic, but with better medicine, training techniques, etc.

But some of the more "regular size players" like Elgin and Jerry West probably aren't the all-time greats they were in the 60's and 70's. They're likely still really good, maybe even all stars. But not all timers.

guys like Julius Irving though. lol watch the guy's highlights some time...

i'd bet HE could hang today if his career was now...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys like Julius Irving though. lol watch the guy's highlights some time...

i'd bet HE could hang today if his career was now...

Nope, absolutely not. He was a scrub because he shot below 30% from the 3 point line....

According to the logic of some people on this board.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only stuff he did that seems banworthy is when he got into it with Shaqdaddy with all the misogynist woman baiting. And she just kept at it too
That would be a whole section I would delete. It wasn't funny or clever and wasn't about basketball. Other than that I honestly don't see what Bart has done wrong.

Some of the pages long dtgold/Wamu/Turnup crap too.