• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone find it ironic that Bart backs Wiggy because the latter gets under everyone's skin? Yet, douche bag is taking his time to address every. single. one. of. us.

translation: "he digs the attention". ALSO classic troll 101. even if said attention is negative, which goes BEYOND sad...

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I have a 15 inch cock. See, anyone can type stuff on the internet. These posts are all archived so we can see what you are doing.

Your wife is a lucky lady. The difference is my post was the complete truth. Feel free to check the archives, it supports my position.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bart checking out the main thread while stuck in fouled out come October/November.....

giphy.gif

Don't worry, man, I'll still be living in all of your heads.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Klay was a bit younger I would be more optimistic as you are, but he is 29 and will be close to 30 by the time he returns. Some guys seem to do fine with an ACL injury but I can guarantee you even they lost some mobility that compromised their game. How many times do you see players on the bench icing their knees? Knees take a lot of abuse in basketball and with a previous injury it's only going to be more sensitive to the abuse and more susceptible to injury again. I don't see Rose being the same after his ACL injury and he was much younger when he injured it.

As for Klay's movement, even coming off of screens and shooting has a good amount of cutting as well as stopping on a dime and rising up to get off your shot, all of which puts pressure on your knees.

Admittingly, you said his defense would be impacted which is huge part of his value to his team. Without his lockdown defense he loses a big part of what makes him one of top players in the league. He was doing a yeoman's job on Kawhi during the finals when he covered him.

Wizards fan? No wonder your on the GS bandwagon, it's far more intriguing than being a Wizard fan right now.

Curry, Klay and Dray's days as a generational trio are finished. It's time to let go of the passed and be realistic about the future. Dray looks ordinary, Klay will struggle for a couple of years to return to form and will be decline by the time he does, and Curry has never been the most durable when young so the next few years can only be worse as he enters decline.

Contend? If reaching the 4th or 5th seed at their peak is contending then I guess but the expectation by these GS fans was for them to win at least one ring within 5 years which isn't happening.

I said his defense COULD be impacted. Not that it would be.

Could be.

And no.

I am not talking about reaching for a 4th or 5th seed. I am talking about being a top 3 or 4 team in the league.

Might not happen, but they have as good a chance as anybody out there. And rational people know this.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not only that---- but Draymond was amazing at that point--- dude was shiiting amazing from 3....now? less so to say the least. lol

not only that- but i am PRETTY sure they wont be running into a team that is missing 2 of their best 3 players in the Finals again. not only that, but Andre Iguadala- who was in the back end of his prime at that point and was the ACTUAL player who won the MVP,

All the trip of Draymond, Curry and Klay have proved is that during their primes, with a in his prime Iguadala, they could beat a team in the Finals missing 2 all stars.

Losing Iguodala really hurts. No doubt about it.

Getting back to contender status will 100% depend on what they are able to do with Russell.

And you are very much minimizing their accomplishments.

They made the Finals 2.5 times without KD and easily could have won the 2 that they lost. And now you guys are acting like they have no shot to ever contend again. That is crazy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the guy wouldn't have torn his achilles if he practiced some load management.
exactly. 1,000% its not a coincidence that for all intents and purposes his career was over at age 34. He as a shell of himself. And his debilitating achilees injury happened after a season and a streak of games where he played totally insane minute totals. There is irrefutable evidence that guys are a much bigger risk of injury when being red-lined which Kobe obviously was.

WE can all admire his work ethic - while also coming to the clear conclusion that he was stupid with how he approached his work load.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could be.

And no.

I am not talking about reaching for a 4th or 5th seed. I am talking about being a top 3 or 4 team in the league.

Might not happen, but they have as good a chance as anybody out there. And rational people know this.

"could" be....yah...i think its a fair conclusion for a guy that will be entering his 30's, that has just played in 5 straight 100 game seasons and had to have his knee rebuilt.

Thats like saying the Wizards "could" suck next year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"could" be....yah...i think its a fair conclusion for a guy that will be entering his 30's, that has just played in 5 straight 100 game seasons and had to have his knee rebuilt.

Thats like saying the Wizards "could" suck next year.

Not a conclusion until it happens.

A basketball player’s prime years are 26-32. Klay is smack in the middle of that and he is famous for being durable and playing at a high level at less than 100%. It Is a bad idea to bet against Klay.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could be.

And no.

I guess I read more into your post than I should of thinking you were smart enough to conclude the obvious that his defense would be impacted. Sorry, for thinking you smarter than you were.

Good as chance as anybody out there? Do you not understanding the declining nature of their core and the rise of the younger teams in the West? You aren't looking at the big picture here, bud.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a conclusion until it happens.

A basketball player’s prime years are 26-32. Klay is smack in the middle of that and he is famous for being durable and playing at a high level at less than 100%. It Is a bad idea to bet against Klay.
o way in fuck is there defensive prime any WHERE NEAR 32.........Prob. around age 28 athletes star losing what they can do physically. the very TOP of their athleticism is probably around 23.

He might be a SMARTER basketball player- but no way in fuck are you ANYWHERE EVEN CLOSE to the defensive player you are at 26 then you are at 32. Geezus dude sometimes I wonder if you even believe the shit you write. Its so fucking stupid.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
o way in fuck is there defensive prime any WHERE NEAR 32.........Prob. around age 28 athletes star losing what they can do physically. the very TOP of their athleticism is probably around 23.

He might be a SMARTER basketball player- but no way in fuck are you ANYWHERE EVEN CLOSE to the defensive player you are at 26 then you are at 32. Geezus dude sometimes I wonder if you even believe the shit you write. Its so fucking stupid.
I love when Wiggy gets all worked up. 1:45AM Friday night and he's just so mad no one acknowledges his genius

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude. Way to put words in my mouth. Classic Wiggy.

Where did I say a player’s “defensive prime” is 32?

I did not.

I said a player’s prime years are 27-32.

And athletic peak is really more like 26-27.

But as you know, experience plays a pretty large role in how a player contributes to winning basketball games which is really what we are talking about here. 28 is about the peak where the physical and mental meet, and while players do lose a bit of the physical by 32, they gain experience and intelligence.

Which is why LeBron had some of his very best years in Cleveland after 30. Why Jordan won 4 of his 6 championships after he turned 30.

I could go on, but you get the point.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love when Wiggy gets all worked up. 1:45AM Friday night and he's just so mad no one acknowledges his genius

Not to mention that he completely misquoted me.

Not even close to what I said.