• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't just Green. If Curry is not hobbled and if Bogut is there they don't lose game 7 at home by one bucket IMO. For example, Curry blows right by Kevin Love at the end there instead of getting stopped

And I was positing that healthy Cavs in 2015 get one maybe two games more, a 50-100% increase in playoff wins. Seems fair to me.
you fucking cry baby. After the end of a 100 game season how many guys are totally healthy? give me a fucking break.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

ACL injuries are more problematic for a player who relies on speed and explosiveness. It may impact him defensively. But Klay’s offensive game is coming off screens and shooting. Continuous movement isn’t a problem.

Moving laterally in reaction to his opponent’s offensive moves could be, but again, Klay is young enough to come all the way back.

My team is the Wizards, who obviously suck.

But my reasons for backing the Warriors have nothing to do with personal kinship and everything to do with the fact that I think Curry Klay and Dray are a generational trio who may not be super elite on their own, but their games compliment each other as well as any trio I have ever seen.

Betting against the possibility that they can contend again is extremely short sighted.

If Klay was a bit younger I would be more optimistic as you are, but he is 29 and will be close to 30 by the time he returns. Some guys seem to do fine with an ACL injury but I can guarantee you even they lost some mobility that compromised their game. How many times do you see players on the bench icing their knees? Knees take a lot of abuse in basketball and with a previous injury it's only going to be more sensitive to the abuse and more susceptible to injury again. I don't see Rose being the same after his ACL injury and he was much younger when he injured it.

As for Klay's movement, even coming off of screens and shooting has a good amount of cutting as well as stopping on a dime and rising up to get off your shot, all of which puts pressure on your knees.

Admittingly, you said his defense would be impacted which is huge part of his value to his team. Without his lockdown defense he loses a big part of what makes him one of top players in the league. He was doing a yeoman's job on Kawhi during the finals when he covered him.

Wizards fan? No wonder your on the GS bandwagon, it's far more intriguing than being a Wizard fan right now.

Curry, Klay and Dray's days as a generational trio are finished. It's time to let go of the passed and be realistic about the future. Dray looks ordinary, Klay will struggle for a couple of years to return to form and will be decline by the time he does, and Curry has never been the most durable when young so the next few years can only be worse as he enters decline.

Contend? If reaching the 4th or 5th seed at their peak is contending then I guess but the expectation by these GS fans was for them to win at least one ring within 5 years which isn't happening.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy chugging on his semen.

Making obvious observations about how destroyed most of this board is by Wiggy is somehow equated to sucking up to the guy? ROFL...that's rich. You guys just can't accept the fact that he gets under your skin and that you've become obsessed with him because most of you don't have the skill or brains to go toe to toe with the guy and not be thoroughly embarrassed. I don't know how most of you even post on this board, you are terrible at arguing and then get all bent out of shape when someone shows you up. Maybe most of you should stop posting on this board if the butt-hurt is going to be strong to the point where your lashing out at me for making a simple observation. TBH, I think you guys need to seek therapy because this obsessiveness and hate isn't normal for a message board, it's suppose to be about entertainment not harboring feelings of animosity and bitterness because you can't handle a certain poster's style of posting.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Klay was a bit younger I would be more optimistic as you are, but he is 29 and will be close to 30 by the time he returns. Some guys seem to do fine with an ACL injury but I can guarantee you even they lost some mobility that compromised their game. How many times do you see players on the bench icing their knees? Knees take a lot of abuse in basketball and with a previous injury it's only going to be more sensitive to the abuse and more susceptible to injury again. I don't see Rose being the same after his ACL injury and he was much younger when he injured it.

As for Klay's movement, even coming off of screens and shooting has a good amount of cutting as well as stopping on a dime and rising up to get off your shot, all of which puts pressure on your knees.

Admittingly, you said his defense would be impacted which is huge part of his value to his team. Without his lockdown defense he loses a big part of what makes him one of top players in the league. He was doing a yeoman's job on Kawhi during the finals when he covered him.

Wizards fan? No wonder your on the GS bandwagon, it's far more intriguing than being a Wizard fan right now.

Curry, Klay and Dray's days as a generational trio are finished. It's time to let go of the passed and be realistic about the future. Dray looks ordinary, Klay will struggle for a couple of years to return to form and will be decline by the time he does, and Curry has never been the most durable when young so the next few years can only be worse as he enters decline.

Contend? If reaching the 4th or 5th seed at their peak is contending then I guess but the expectation by these GS fans was for them to win at least one ring within 5 years which isn't happening.
not only that---- but Draymond was amazing at that point--- dude was shiiting amazing from 3....now? less so to say the least. lol

not only that- but i am PRETTY sure they wont be running into a team that is missing 2 of their best 3 players in the Finals again. not only that, but Andre Iguadala- who was in the back end of his prime at that point and was the ACTUAL player who won the MVP,

All the trip of Draymond, Curry and Klay have proved is that during their primes, with a in his prime Iguadala, they could beat a team in the Finals missing 2 all stars.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making obvious observations about how destroyed most of this board is by Wiggy is somehow equated to sucking up to the guy? ROFL...that's rich. You guys just can't accept the fact that he gets under your skin and that you've become obsessed with him because most of you don't have the skill or brains to go toe to toe with the guy and not be thoroughly embarrassed. I don't know how most of you even post on this board, you are terrible at arguing and then get all bent out of shape when someone shows you up. Maybe most of you should stop posting on this board if the butt-hurt is going to be strong to the point where your lashing out at me for making a simple observation. TBH, I think you guys need to seek therapy because this obsessiveness and hate isn't normal for a message board, it's suppose to be about entertainment not harboring feelings of animosity and bitterness because you can't handle a certain poster's style of posting.

This is a very Wiggy-esque kind of butthurt post.

Nobody probably read that post either

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not only that---- but Draymond was amazing at that point--- dude was shiiting amazing from 3....now? less so to say the least. lol

not only that- but i am PRETTY sure they wont be running into a team that is missing 2 of their best 3 players in the Finals again. not only that, but Andre Iguadala- who was in the back end of his prime at that point and was the ACTUAL player who won the MVP,

All the trip of Draymond, Curry and Klay have proved is that during their primes, with a in his prime Iguadala, they could beat a team in the Finals missing 2 all stars.

Good points. It's unbelievable these GS homers can't see the full picture in front of them. This is why I call them homers, the facts are staring them in the face and they choose to ignore them.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You should bet someone that they don't do well this year.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very Wiggy-esque kind of butthurt post.

Nobody probably read that post either

Nobody read it? You must of, you just compared it to a Wiggy post, how do you do that if you haven't read it?

My post was spot on and only a delusional homer would think otherwise.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody read it? You must of, you just compared it to a Wiggy post, how do you do that if you haven't read it?

My post was spot on and only a delusional homer would think otherwise.

Not really. I read the first sentence, laughed out loud and thought how much we’re all going to miss you once the season starts...

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
butt buddies of a feather stick together apparently...

How much space inside your heads does Wiggy actually occupy, is there enough for you guys to actually function with the remaining space, it doesn't appear so.