• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woj is now the Kawhi-whisperer somehow, lol? He would only be the third wheel in LA in that he's the third guy to join. Lebron is aging out, so it would be Kawhi's and AD's team going forward. I guess Kawhi was also never part of a team where he was arguably the third option in San Antonio regardless?

Well, if anyone would be, it would likely be Woj.

Even with Woj though, we're still talking about Kawhi. I don't think anyone is going to really be able to know what Kawhi is going to do until he does it. lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woj is now the Kawhi-whisperer somehow, lol? He would only be the third wheel in LA in that he's the third guy to join. Lebron is aging out, so it would be Kawhi's and AD's team going forward. I guess Kawhi was also never part of a team where he was arguably the third option in San Antonio regardless?

Kawhi would also be the better option than AD (not many players better than him).

Doesn't seem like Kawhi's personality though to join other guys, just from public perception.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland fans warned Boston fans. We warned you!!

Yep. The whole "flat earth" thing made him look eccentric. But the way he's handled his exit from the Cavs and now apparently, the Celtics...he's just crazy. lol

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Green talking about the Klay Thompson play. A few big takeaways from this:

1) Everyone recognizes how tough Klay Thompson is.
2) When it comes to basketball, real recognize real.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/danny-green-reveals-warriors-players-230831673.html

"He was going up for a dunk and he can jump. I thought he was gonna go up with one hand ... he went up with two hands and I think it's a little easier for me to get to the ball with him going up with two hands. It's hard to find the ball with one hand.

"I thought it was pretty clean. They called a foul ... I wasn't sure what happened and I just saw him grab his knee. You never know serious it is with him because he just walks through and plays through anything. The guy came back on the court like it was nothing with a torn ACL and shot his free throws.

"The rest of his guys, they were making sure that I didn't take it the wrong way or feel too bad or guilty about it. It was a clean play.

"They were like, 'We know you're not dirty.' Draymond [Green], Iggy [Andre Iguodala] they were like, 'Yeah, you went up for the ball. He just came down funny. It's not your fault. Don't even worry about it.'

"And I wanted to check on him at the foul line. He's like, 'I know you didn't do it purposely.'"

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi would also be the better option than AD (not many players better than him).

Doesn't seem like Kawhi's personality though to join other guys, just from public perception.

Is he going to play alone then? Or is he coming to LA to join Cube's league and leave the NBA behind? He's never had control over where he goes, so this will be the first opportunity for him to show what he wants. Nobody seems to have a clue what that is, and it could be anything at this point.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD shot 34% from 3 with 3 attempts per game. He spaces the floor too. Elite.
He's elite, but not for his shooting. 33% last year, career 31% from 3. Love is career 37% in 2X+ amount of 3s per game than AD last couple seasons and 3X+ for career.

AD not on his level as a shooter.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. The whole "flat earth" thing made him look eccentric. But the way he's handled his exit from the Cavs and now apparently, the Celtics...he's just crazy. lol

I don't think his team-changing is crazy at all. He wanted out from under Lebron's shadow to prove himself, as Lebron showed up and took over his team and pushed him out of the limelight. Egos of professional athletes can be huge, and he didn't want to be stuck in that situation. However, he quickly learned that maybe he didn't want all that pressure on his shoulders. He also did not ask for the Celtics, he was traded there when he forced his way out of Cleveland. Boston was not on his list.

The flat-earth thing, now that is straight-up looney tunes if he isn't trolling.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's elite, but not for his shooting. 33% last year, career 31% from 3. Love is career 37% in 2X+ amount of 3s per game than AD last couple seasons and 3X+ for career.

AD not on his level as a shooter.

AD is at least a level above Love, and I'm not going to stretch out this argument with you. It's simply fact, and not really even that close.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think his team-changing is crazy at all. He wanted out from under Lebron's shadow to prove himself, as Lebron showed up and took over his team and pushed him out of the limelight. Egos of professional athletes can be huge, and he didn't want to be stuck in that situation. However, he quickly learned that maybe he didn't want all that pressure on his shoulders. He also did not ask for the Celtics, he was traded there when he forced his way out of Cleveland. Boston was not on his list.

The flat-earth thing, now that is straight-up looney tunes if he isn't trolling.

I'm not really talking about him changing teams. Players do that. I'm talking more about the way he did it.

Threatened to have season ending surgery to force the Cavs to trade him and now is reportedly "ghosting" the Celtics.

As I said, dude is uber talented and someone, probably the Nets, is going to give him a lot of money. But if I were an NBA GM or owner, it would definitely give me at least some 2nd thoughts.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he going to play alone then? Or is he coming to LA to join Cube's league and leave the NBA behind? He's never had control over where he goes, so this will be the first opportunity for him to show what he wants. Nobody seems to have a clue what that is, and it could be anything at this point.

Potentially. I just don't see Kawhi going to team up with Lebron and AD.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Hollins is an idiot - basically says that Lebron should be on the Lakers Mt. Rushmore if he wins 1 title in LA because he would've done it out of his prime. How does this guy have a job?

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who does this tool think he is? Champ or not, no reason to bring Pop into this.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who does this tool think he is? Champ or not, no reason to bring Pop into this.

Well, the Spurs did think they could trade him to the NBA equivalence of Siberia and think they'd get the last laugh.

Didn't exactly work out that way. Kawhi still found gold.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD is at least a level above Love, and I'm not going to stretch out this argument with you. It's simply fact, and not really even that close.
as a player overall? Sure....but you'd embarrass yourself if you want to "stretch it out" and claim AD is a better shooter and can stretch the floor like Love.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't see it being Kawhi's team in year 1 though....probably not even year 2.

Maybe by year 3.

LBJ still got it going.

Dude avg 27,8, & 8 on 51% shooting and that was looked at as a "down year" for him

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Spurs did think they could trade him to the NBA equivalence of Siberia and think they'd get the last laugh.

Didn't exactly work out that way. Kawhi still found gold.

A second round playoff team without him in 2018 is Siberia? They went farther than the Spurs did. FVV has an inferiority complex for some reason...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see it being Kawhi's team in year 1 though....probably not even year 2.

Maybe by year 3.

LBJ still got it going.

Dude avg 27,8, & 8 on 51% shooting and that was looked at as a "down year" for him

Sure. But Kawhi had to carry that Raptors team through most of their playoff run. Who wants that much on their shoulders, year in year out? I'm not saying he should want the Lakers, I'm just saying don't be surprised if he does. We have no idea what he's going to do.