• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Kawhi odds:

Raptors 55% - maybe a short-term deal
Clippers 44%
Lakers 1%

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know where you get FVV has an inferiority complex at all. And many considered Toronto the NBA equivalence of Siberia given TV time, weather, etc... For the most part, they were considered a franchise that really didn't matter.

Toronto just finished their 6th consecutive playoff season. They're in the preferable Eastern time zone for maximum viewership. Sure, the weather can be cold, but no different than most northern NBA cities.

Siberia is a joke at most, and FVV clearly has personal issues if he thought that any mention of Toronto as Siberia was a serious dig.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi could play SG w/ no trouble even though he's never played that position in the NBA or college? Not sure about that one.

He guards the best offensive player and plays a wing position. He can guard either position (and at least 4 positions) and hit 3s as well as drive the ball, which is all that matters.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'I Doubt He Gets What He Wants': What's DeMarcus Cousins Worth Now?

If the market isn't out there for him I say the Lakers offer him a $10-12M contract for one year...like I said that price can change depending on the market. They would still have enough to sign a couple more tier 3 guys to add.

AD's game was elevated when Cousins was on the floor, of course that is the Cousins we might never see again but I'm sure he will be much healthy than this year. It is a risky move but if you get for around that price maybe lower I would do it.

I don't think it is the ideal move but as a backup plan for the Lakers.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Kawhi odds:

Raptors 55% - maybe a short-term deal
Clippers 44%
Lakers 1%

might as well drop that Lakers number to .010 percent. we aren't gonna have the cap left to take him, and even if we did i'm not sure that it'd be the right move anyhow...

honestly, and this is something that I said the other day, we SHOULD be looking to spend our remaining cap on tier 2 players to round out our roster and bench. I don't see Brow dropping that trade kicker anyhow(the 4 mil)...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto just finished their 6th consecutive playoff season. They're in the preferable Eastern time zone for maximum viewership. Sure, the weather can be cold, but no different than most northern NBA cities.

Siberia is a joke at most, and FVV clearly has personal issues if he thought that any mention of Toronto as Siberia was a serious dig.

Where did I say FVV said that or considered Toronto as Siberia? This was from TV analysts who viewed the Spurs/Raptors trade. They viewed it as Siberia primarily because of the weather and that Kawhi was trying to head out to LA; a complete contrast in climates.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how many games do you expect LeBron to play at the PF spot?

Offensively, it doesn't matter. So it comes down to defensive matchups. Sure, there will be teams where you don't want Lebron defending the PF. There will be plenty more where he will dominate the PF. In this situation, he won't play much PF (that will be Kuzma's position, with AD at C and Lebron at SF).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
might as well drop that Lakers number to .010 percent. we aren't gonna have the cap left to take him, and even if we did i'm not sure that it'd be the right move anyhow...

honestly, and this is something that I said the other day, we SHOULD be looking to spend our remaining cap on tier 2 players to round out our roster and bench. I don't see Brow dropping that trade kicker anyhow(the 4 mil)...

Yeah I agree. 2-3 lower tier players. Beverly, Redick....even Cousins at the right price imo

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure at points Kawhi carried the team during the playoffs but the team did more then their share is winning.

Kawhi also missed 22 games in the reg season and the Raps went 17-5 in those games.

Yeah, I don't get this whole "Kawhi has to carry the Raps". Lebron had to carry the Cavs, Kawhi didn't have to do anywhere near the heavy lifting there.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't get this whole "Kawhi has to carry the Raps". Lebron had to carry the Cavs, Kawhi didn't have to do anywhere near the heavy lifting there.
He had to do his job and be the best player. The other guys played their roles just perfectly.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'I Doubt He Gets What He Wants': What's DeMarcus Cousins Worth Now?

If the market isn't out there for him I say the Lakers offer him a $10-12M contract for one year...like I said that price can change depending on the market. They would still have enough to sign a couple more tier 3 guys to add.

AD's game was elevated when Cousins was on the floor, of course that is the Cousins we might never see again but I'm sure he will be much healthy than this year. It is a risky move but if you get for around that price maybe lower I would do it.

I don't think it is the ideal move but as a backup plan for the Lakers.

WTF do the Lakers need with Cousins? They have their frontcourt set with Lebron/Kuzma/AD. Lakers need guards and depth.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had to do his job and be the best player. The other guys played their roles just perfectly.

Everyone else deferred to him and was afraid to take a shot in crunch time. That changed a bit deeper into the playoffs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He guards the best offensive player and plays a wing position. He can guard either position (and at least 4 positions) and hit 3s as well as drive the ball, which is all that matters.

I don't recall him spending a great amount of time guarding Steph or Klay on a regular basis. If I'm wrong about that my bad.

Maybe we're looking at this from different points. If you're talking about Kawhi playing SG & LeBron playing PF (in any scenario) for long stretches of the season (like I'm looking at it right now) I don't think that works. But if it's for samll portions of games that would just be a scary thought for any opponent.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF do the Lakers need with Cousins? They have their frontcourt set with Lebron/Kuzma/AD. Lakers need guards and depth.

Backup plan, if they struck out as much as they did last offseason it's worth a shot. AD has said many times he doesn't want to play center, he might have to in certain lineups but I wouldn't lean on him playing a lot of center

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't even want to think about Boogie coming off the Lakers bench. That would be so unfair. If he leaves G.S. hopefully it's for a full time roll.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone else deferred to him and was afraid to take a shot in crunch time. That changed a bit deeper into the playoffs.
And everyone defers to Lebron and Harden etc. Thats called being a superstar

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even want to think about Boogie coming off the Lakers bench. That would be so unfair. If he leaves G.S. hopefully it's for a full time roll.

i'm not so sure, honestly. he looked good at times during the finals, shaky at others...

if he DID come off the bench i'd be ok with that...