• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
might as well drop that Lakers number to .010 percent. we aren't gonna have the cap left to take him, and even if we did i'm not sure that it'd be the right move anyhow...

honestly, and this is something that I said the other day, we SHOULD be looking to spend our remaining cap on tier 2 players to round out our roster and bench. I don't see Brow dropping that trade kicker anyhow(the 4 mil)...
Is there any chance AD deal gets done late July instead te 6th to get more space?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might but nice would have to mean lottery pick (plus more). Otherwise might as well keep him around as a good role model for young guys, and can also help spread the floor for them.

Of course, lottery pick for sure and a couple contracts. One good, young player and another not so good one most likely to match up the contracts.

Like for example:

Monk, Batum and the 12th pick for Love

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry you can only complain about the health of your team when you lose and give no credit to your team for deserving to win. Or if your team is injured next year and loses in the finals, they'll do everything they can to discredit your win the year previous. Standard operating practices around here.

Besides, let's be real here. Were the Raptors missing arguably a top 3 NBA player for all but 1 quarter of 1 game? Did they lose a hot, elite shooter down the stretch of a tightly contested game 6? The injuries greatly favored one team over the other. Injuries happen, but if they're going to be discussed, the Raptors were the EASY beneficiary.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't get this whole "Kawhi has to carry the Raps". Lebron had to carry the Cavs, Kawhi didn't have to do anywhere near the heavy lifting there.
First stop I agree, second stop only time that might be true was 2015 Finals and 2018. Plenty of help 2016 and even 2015 before Kyrie went down.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, let's be real here. Were the Raptors missing arguably a top 3 NBA player for all but 1 quarter of 1 game? Did they lose a hot, elite shooter down the stretch of a tightly contested game 6? The injuries greatly favored one team over the other. Injuries happen, but if they're going to be discussed, the Raptors were the EASY beneficiary.

I don't think anyone's arguing logic here. It just shouldn't be used as an excuse.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any chance AD deal gets done late July instead te 6th to get more space?

Depends on the Pels. It would make trading the #4 pick delayed, meaning no summer league for that pick, as he can't be signed until August in that case. It would also make it a bit tougher for the Pels to then flip the pick this Thursday (although the trade could be modified into a 3 team deal, as it isn't finalized).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First stop I agree, second stop only time that might be true was 2015 Finals and 2018. Plenty of help 2016 and even 2015 before Kyrie went down.

Yeah, I should've prefaced it by specifying the years. In 2015 and 2018, that was the very definition of having to do heavy lifting. Kawhi's got a very solid roster around him at the moment, where this narrative of he could join Lebron and AD (do they have the cap space for him) so he doesn't have to do anymore heavy lifting is well, false.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, lottery pick for sure and a couple contracts. One good, young player and another not so good one most likely to match up the contracts.

Like for example:

Why would the Hornets want Love (the player, lol)?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing a top 3 player in the league is an extremely viable excuse for losing.

It is. But if we're going to use injuries as an excuse, we could go back through just about any series and make that excuse. Toronto was a top 5 offensive and defensive team and has a top 3 player of their own. GS also had 3 other all-stars (won't even count Boogie) to where you could say they still technically out-talented the Warriors.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like for example:

That would probably get their attention assuming they like Monk, but not sure why Charlotte would want an extra 2 years of Love over Batum since they have no shot to contend.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers Eyeing Ricky Rubio, Have Discussed No. 4 Pick

The Pacers have their eye on Ricky Rubio with free agency around the corner, according to Kevin O’Connor of The Ringer, who hears from multiple league sources that the veteran point guard will be one of Indiana’s top targets.

Rubio, 28, is headed for the open market this summer after averaging 12.9 PPG, 5.7 APG, and 4.1 RPG on .412/.332/.861 shooting in two seasons with the Jazz. The Spaniard hinted earlier this month that a return to Utah may not be in the cards, as the Jazz are considering other point guard options.

The Pacers may have bigger-name point guards on their offseason wish list as well, having been linked to trade candidate Mike Conley and restricted free agent D’Angelo Russell, among others. But O’Connor suggests that Indiana views Rubio as a good potential fit, since his play-making abilities would complement Victor Oladipo‘s score-first playing style. Rubio would also be a defensive upgrade on point guards Darren Collison and Cory Joseph, both of whom will be free agents this summer.

League sources tell O’Connor that the Pacers have also explored the possibility of making a trade with the Pelicans for the No. 4 overall pick. New Orleans is reportedly open to either a pick-based or player-based package in exchange for that selection, O’Connor notes.

While O’Connor doesn’t provide any additional details on what picks or players the Pelicans and Pacers might have discussed, it wouldn’t surprise me if New Orleans has kicked the tires on one or both of Indiana’s promising young bigs, Myles Turner and Domantas Sabonis.

It remains to be seen whether the Pacers are fully committed to having Turner and Sabonis share the frontcourt in the long term. The Pelicans, meanwhile, could be on the lookout for a center to complement presumed No. 1 pick Zion Williamson. Again though, that’s just my speculation.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would probably get their attention assuming they like Monk, but not sure why Charlotte would want an extra 2 years of Love over Batum since they have no shot to contend.

Just an example but that could entice Kemba to stay and sign the max, even though in reality they still wouldn't contend lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the Pels. It would make trading the #4 pick delayed, meaning no summer league for that pick, as he can't be signed until August in that case. It would also make it a bit tougher for the Pels to then flip the pick this Thursday (although the trade could be modified into a 3 team deal, as it isn't finalized).
gotcha....seems the deal does not get delayed.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is. But if we're going to use injuries as an excuse, we could go back through just about any series and make that excuse. Toronto was a top 5 offensive and defensive team and has a top 3 player of their own. GS also had 3 other all-stars (won't even count Boogie) to where you could say they still technically out-talented the Warriors.

Sure you can. But this was KEVIN DURANT, a top 3 NBA player and the focal point of their team for the past 3 years. The only injuries that could compare to losing Durant would have to be on that same level; Steph, Kawhi, Giannis (in these playoffs). Just because they 3 other all-stars doesn't lessen the impact. That Warriors team was depth deficient, and was forced to use guys that rarely see the floor.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Hornets want Love (the player, lol)?

It was an example. Read lol.

Lottery pick + bad contract + good, young player with nice contract

That is the only way the Cavs would trade Love but I don't think it is happening and I don't think it is 50-50 like Windy says.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last comment for me.....We are also talking as a teammate for Lebron. Not many better than the Kevin Love the Cavs acquired who could score, rebound and spread the floor.

OK, not in conversation for best player. Great. But he is a 5X all star. I'm sure Davis is "far better" than the vast majority of NBA players. 20-10 guys who can shoot 3s (capable of 25-14 when acquired)? He's better but far better?

Yes

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd want him if they had same time left on deals, but with Love having an extra 2 years I agree.

As it is, they can't really afford to keep Kemba, so yeah, doesn't make much sense.