• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's never been a SG in the NBA. And he didn't play that spot in college. I understand in todays NBA some players can play mulitple spots. Kawhi is in that category. But I just don't think him at SG for an entire season is a good idea.

I hear you say that,

But what is it that 2s have to do that 3s don't?

Raptors play book this year was perfect.

Give him as much load management as he needs and keep him fresh for the playoffs.

Then sit back and watch him dominate, whether at 2, 3 or even somewhere else.

Heck, Kawhi even played some 1 with the Spurs when Parker was out. I wouldn't go that far though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point, doesn't a person need to face the fact that they are the common denominator when team moral goes to shit?

Thank GAWD Jerry West saved the Clippers from themselves.

Sources: Chris Paul wants out as relationship with James Harden deemed ‘unsalvageable’

Now the Clips can replace CP3 with Kawhi haha

There are teams that could take that contract but it would only make sense if they are a team that needs one more piece to contend and they don't give up too much AND they have cap space....so very limited. OR a team like the Wizards who want to flip a bad contract for another bad contract but it still doesn't make sense bc Wall is much younger.

Most teams aren't going to hit those homeruns in FA so it could be a fallback plan but still...that is a bold move.

Maybe PHX? They could do a 2-3 team trade and give up that 6th pick along with other assets. You get the veteran you need. They aren't close to contenders but I mean there isn't much of a market out there for that contract.

Maybe Minny...total Minny move. Wiggins would be in the deal, maybe add in Saric and a pick.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are their options here?

Seems like they have to choose between player happiness and possible contention.

Because at this point I don't think they can have both.
I mean, who would be desperate enough to take Cp3?

Boston when Kyrie officially leaves?

Don't see it.

Utah?

Would be interesting. But, Spida, Rudy's trajectory is going the opposite direction.

Knicks?

Wouldn't surprise me.

Washington?

Hell yes.

But, no team in their right mind is trading for Wall.

Stretch him?

Even a multi billionaire would have trouble choking down 100 mil.

They seem stuck.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't see it.

Utah?

Would be interesting. But, Spida, Rudy's trajectory is going the opposite direction.

Knicks?

Wouldn't surprise me.

Washington?

Hell yes.

Stretch him?

They seem stuck.

Even if Lebron wanted him, there is basically no way for them to get him AND Lebron knows CP3 is declining. There are very few options for a CP3 trade, a bad team like the Knicks will have to get desperate. It will have to be a Nets-Celtics type of deal.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't see it.

Utah?

Knicks?

Wouldn't surprise me.

Washington?

Hell yes.

Stretch him?

They seem stuck.

The real kicker in all of it that the Rockets can't afford to just salary dump him somewhere because they are trying to contend.

I think they are stuck too.

Maybe CP3 learns to be less annoying and Harden learns to not stand at half court when CP3 has the ball.

Seriously though. You see some of those possessions in the Warrior series?

In hindsight it looked like Harden was going out of his way to not be an option for CP to pass to. Petty as hell and might have cost the Rockets a championship. But I am thinking based on the latest reports Harden was doing that on purpose.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you say that,

But what is it that 2s have to do that 3s don't?

Raptors play book this year was perfect.

Give him as much load management as he needs and keep him fresh for the playoffs.

Then sit back and watch him dominate, whether at 2, 3 or even somewhere else.

Heck, Kawhi even played some 1 with the Spurs when Parker was out. I wouldn't go that far though.

We just disagree on this topic, which is fine. But I'll continue. What do 2's have that 3's don't? They spread the floor more than 3's. Which means Kawhi will be expending even more energy on the defensive end chasing 2's around the court & fighting through screens.

I'm not saying I'm right. This is just my opinion & how I view the topic.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just disagree on this topic, which is fine. But I'll continue. What do 2's have that 3's don't? They spread the floor more than 3's. Which means Kawhi will be expending even more energy on the defensive end chasing 2's around the court & fighting through screens.

I'm not saying I'm right. This is just my opinion & how I view the topic.

Fair enough

I think that can be solved fairly easily though.

Don't want Kawhi chasing a guy like Klay Thompson?

Have him guard someone else. He can guard pretty much anybody.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real kicker in all of it that the Rockets can't afford to just salary dump him somewhere because they are trying to contend.

Maybe CP3 learns to be less annoying and Harden learns to not stand at half court when CP3 has the ball.

In hindsight it looked like Harden was going out of his way to not be an option for CP to pass to. Petty as hell and might have cost the Rockets a championship. But I am thinking based on the latest reports Harden was doing that on purpose.
According to Cp3 and the GM, the story is a lie.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's crap like that that makes me wonder how Harden shows up in anyone's top 5 list. Dude is total trash, an ISO ball hog with questionable D who just fills up the stat sheet. A little better Carmelo. The opposite of a winner.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And god Chris Paul is the most over rated player. Always hated his attitude

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horford leaving Celtics
Boston falling apart...i love IT!:D:clap:
Well, if the C's aren't serious title contenders... (and they're not, as of right now)... sad it say it, but Horford doesn't make sense for them...

... and Al deserves a shot at a title.

Where might he be off to? Is Houston a possibility? That outfit could really use his services.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, if the C's aren't serious title contenders... (and they're not, as of right now)... sad it say it, but Horford doesn't make sense for them...

... and Al deserves a shot at a title.

Where might he be off to? Is Houston a possibility? That outfit could really use his services.

I hate to say it,

But Lakers?

Would be a pretty good fit if they can get him to take a discount. Like 12-15 million a year.

Rockets could only pay MLE

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it,

But Lakers?

Would be a pretty good fit if they can get him to take a discount. Like 12-15 million a year.

Rockets could only pay MLE
{shudder}

I didn't even want to bring that option up.

From a totally detached and objective point-of-view, it would be an amazing fit for the Lakers. Amazing.

The question is... has Al's blood dyed green in the past few years?

:think: