• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horford leaving Celtics

I hate to say it,

But Lakers?

Would be a pretty good fit if they can get him to take a discount. Like 12-15 million a year.

Rockets could only pay MLE

I've seen some speculation from some informed users on other NBA boards that Horford is going to Philly

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big Al is 33 years old and starting to decline. 4 years, 100 mil is kinda steep, especially on the back end. Whoever this team is, you better hope you win right now. Sixers or Clippers (with Kawhi) would make sense but if its a team like the Kings or Dallas or maybe anyone else, you're overpaying

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big Al is 33 years old and starting to decline. 4 years, 100 mil is kinda steep, especially on the back end. Whoever this team is, you better hope you win right now. Sixers or Clippers (with Kawhi) would make sense but if its a team like the Kings or Dallas or maybe anyone else, you're overpaying

4 yr/100 for Horford hilarious

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 yr/100 for Horford hilarious
It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, for sure.

I, for one, don't see what you're laughing about, though.

Horford is a pretty unique guy in the NBA right now... he has loads of value. His skill set has only become more valuable the way the NBA has evolved recently.

That said... Horford *may* be willing to take less money to play on a serious contender... (I really don't know what his exact mindset is)...so he may take less regardless of anything you or I are saying.

We'll see how it plays out.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, for sure.

I, for one, don't see what you're laughing about, though.

Horford is a pretty unique guy in the NBA right now... he has loads of value. His skill set has only become more valuable the way the NBA has evolved recently.

That said... Horford *may* be willing to take less money to play on a serious contender... (I really don't know what his exact mindset is)...so he may take less regardless of anything you or I are saying.

We'll see how it plays out.

Horford is a solid player but unless you're a superstar, I'm not paying anyone 25 million yearly for 4 years who is 33 years old. If those reports are true, the team who gives him that will regret that deal by some point in year 2

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horford is a solid player but unless you're a superstar, I'm not paying anyone 25 million yearly for 4 years who is 33 years old. If those reports are true, the team who gives him that will regret that deal by some point in year 2
If it's concerns about his age... fair enough on that front.

If it's anything else other than age, Horford has been a tough guy to pin down value-wise throughout his career... with most folks under-valuing what he brings to the table.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly why Kyrie in Brooklyn is going to end in disaster.....

Rob Parker: “What happened with Kyrie and Boston, and why did things go awry?”

Chris Mannix: “You can write a whole book on what went wrong because the season was basically a disaster from start to finish. His relationship with the young players on the roster was awful. Jaylen Brown he was probably the worst with, I don’t think it was great with Jayson Tatum, and it was awful with Terry Rozier because Terry was supplanted at a position he thought he did enough to win. That created a pretty nasty atmosphere. Kyrie’s leadership skills were lacking and he failed at it. He was the first player to be coached by Brad Stevens who didn’t really enjoy being coached by Brad Stevens and that relationship wasn’t solid.”

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris Mannix: “You can write a whole book on what went wrong because the season was basically a disaster from start to finish. His relationship with the young players on the roster was awful. Jaylen Brown he was probably the worst with, I don’t think it was great with Jayson Tatum, and it was awful with Terry Rozier because Terry was supplanted at a position he thought he did enough to win. That created a pretty nasty atmosphere. Kyrie’s leadership skills were lacking and he failed at it. He was the first player to be coached by Brad Stevens who didn’t really enjoy being coached by Brad Stevens and that relationship wasn’t solid.”

That's pretty damning. I'm glad I've always remained consistent in my overall interpretation of Kyrie Irving - overrated and don't want him on my team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give Horford $16-20M. Don't get me wrong he is a very good defender, can stretch the floor and rebound but he isn't worth $25M+ imo definitely not worth $30M

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he goes to Brooklyn and is the clear cut #1 option and they sign him long-term...I feel sorry for Brooklyn.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty damning. I'm glad I've always remained consistent in my overall interpretation of Kyrie Irving - overrated and don't want him on my team.
hes so talented though. He is unstoppable on offense. He is clutch as anyone in the league. He is so much fun to watch. His ability to finish using weird angles and spin is just insane to see.

But hes a lunatic. Hes a bad teammate. He is a bad leader. He does not like to be coached--- I mean Ty Lue and Brad Stevens are two of the best guys in the entire NBA people wise- and he hated being around both of them.

The dude complains about all the attention etc...and then goes and does a movie. He is a mass of contradictions.

The worst thing he ever did was leave LeBron. Right now if they were together on Cleveland, with GSW pretty much destructing it would be wide open again (not that it was not LeBron's fault as well- and partially Gilbert's too).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes so talented though. He is unstoppable on offense. He is clutch as anyone in the league. He is so much fun to watch. His ability to finish using weird angles and spin is just insane to see.

But hes a lunatic. Hes a bad teammate. He is a bad leader. He does not like to be coached--- I mean Ty Lue and Brad Stevens are two of the best guys in the entire NBA people wise- and he hated being around both of them.

The dude complains about all the attention etc...and then goes and does a movie. He is a mass of contradictions.

The worst thing he ever did was leave LeBron. Right now if they were together on Cleveland, with GSW pretty much destructing it would be wide open again (not that it was not LeBron's fault as well- and partially Gilbert's too).

Lebron was the perfect Batman to his Robin. PERFECT. He will never find a better leader and #1 on his side than Lebron. He knows now he made a big mistake but now he has to take his journey by himself, no way he is going back to Lebron after what he did, even after they sort of reconciled.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he goes to Brooklyn and is the clear cut #1 option and they sign him long-term...I feel sorry for Brooklyn.

yeah, this craziness AND his stint in Cleveland(minus LBJ) pretty much prove that this cat is simply NOT cut out to be a leader in any sense of the word...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizards to offer Bradley Beal three-year, $111 million extension

Despite the litany of teams who would love to get their hands on Bradley Beal this offseason, Washington has so far remained committed to keeping Bradley Beal a Wizard.

And when he's eligible in July, they plan to offer him a three-year, $111 million extension, per ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

"He's eligible for a three-year, $111 million extension," Wojnarowski said during ESPN's televised mock draft special. "I'm told it's the team's intention to offer that up to him and try and move forward."

Keeping Beal long-term may wind being a smart move, as NBC Sports Washington's Ben Standig wrote this week. The extension would lock Beal up for the next five years and secure him and John Wall -- once he's fully recovered from offseason Achilles surgery -- as the Wizards' backcourt for the foreseeable future.

The offer may seem financially burdensome, considering the Wizards just signed John Wall to a massive supermax extension that starts this season.

I guess they are committed to the Wall-Beal combo after we heard Beal trade rumors for weeks now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be a solid pickup for Brooklyn as I don't think Allen is a starting C until he improves his game and get stronger

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But all of that is voided based on everything else you've provided. There are other guys that are just as talented like Dame, that I'd rather build my team on. The worst for me is the contradictions that you pointed out.