• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

JayVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fuck? Like how? They just gonna trade away everyone but CP3 and Harden, hope its enough to sign Butler, and then pray that 3 volatile personalities don't blow up?
I really hope this happens somehow. Those 3 guys on the same team would be one of the most interesting things to watch next season, although at least one may not make it out alive.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fuck? Like how? They just gonna trade away everyone but CP3 and Harden, hope its enough to sign Butler, and then pray that 3 volatile personalities don't blow up?

If they were to trade away everyone but CP3 and Harden they would have a little over $32M barely. That just doesn't make sense how they are targeting Butler haha. Only possible way to get Butler is to trade CP3.

If they were to keep everyone and trade away CP3 AND Capela or Gordon. They would have around $38M in cap space.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But all of that is voided based on everything else you've provided. There are other guys that are just as talented like Dame, that I'd rather build my team on. The worst for me is the contradictions that you pointed out.

I find it funny that Wiggy is knocking Kyrie now after years of calling me every name in the book for doubting him.

I was wrong in that LeBron and Kyrie did figure out how to make it work. And I owned that.

But my Kyrie assessment in terms of his talent vs. his impact on team chemistry was dead on.

JayVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, for sure.

I, for one, don't see what you're laughing about, though.

Horford is a pretty unique guy in the NBA right now... he has loads of value. His skill set has only become more valuable the way the NBA has evolved recently.

That said... Horford *may* be willing to take less money to play on a serious contender... (I really don't know what his exact mindset is)...so he may take less regardless of anything you or I are saying.

We'll see how it plays out.
I agree pretty much.
Horford is not going to dazzle with much besides effort and he definitely doesn't rely on athleticism

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny that Wiggy is knocking Kyrie now after years of calling me every name in the book for doubting him.

I was wrong in that LeBron and Kyrie did figure out how to make it work. And I owned that.

But my Kyrie assessment in terms of his talent vs. his impact on team chemistry was dead on.
For sure it was when he has to be the #1 guy. Though he has shown his team can succed with him as the #2.......well, as long as the #1 is the best player in the league.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure it was when he has to be the #1 guy. Though he has shown his team can succed with him as the #2.......well, as long as the #1 is the best player in the league.

That also does not mean that we can assume he would fail in other situations as #1, or succeed as #2.

But we do know for a fact that he can really disrupt a locker room if things don't go like he wants them to.

Whoever signs him better have a good Kyrie management plan.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, for sure.

I, for one, don't see what you're laughing about, though.

Horford is a pretty unique guy in the NBA right now... he has loads of value. His skill set has only become more valuable the way the NBA has evolved recently.

That said... Horford *may* be willing to take less money to play on a serious contender... (I really don't know what his exact mindset is)...so he may take less regardless of anything you or I are saying.

We'll see how it plays out.
Agree 4 and 100 seems like a lot, but for a big who can also hit a 3, play some D? Not crazy $$ in today's NBA.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 4 and 100 seems like a lot, but for a big who can also hit a 3, play some D? Not crazy $$ in today's NBA.

Still a lot of money for a 33 year old that is average 13 and 7. I mean like I said $16-20M sounds better especially if he is trying to win a ring on a contending team. He could definitely get around that $25M range if he goes to a non-contender though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes so talented though. He is unstoppable on offense. He is clutch as anyone in the league. He is so much fun to watch. His ability to finish using weird angles and spin is just insane to see.

But hes a lunatic. Hes a bad teammate. He is a bad leader. He does not like to be coached--- I mean Ty Lue and Brad Stevens are two of the best guys in the entire NBA people wise- and he hated being around both of them.

The dude complains about all the attention etc...and then goes and does a movie. He is a mass of contradictions.

The worst thing he ever did was leave LeBron. Right now if they were together on Cleveland, with GSW pretty much destructing it would be wide open again (not that it was not LeBron's fault as well- and partially Gilbert's too).
Not seeing what Gilbert could have done differently (Griff has said Kyrie would still have asked to be dealt if he was there), but agree with the rest.

Kyrie is the definition of enigma.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron was the perfect Batman to his Robin. PERFECT. He will never find a better leader and #1 on his side than Lebron. He knows now he made a big mistake but now he has to take his journey by himself, no way he is going back to Lebron after what he did, even after they sort of reconciled.
Not sure about that....Would think he could succeed with Kawhi as the #1, for instance. I get Kawhi wouldn't talk much but maybe he'd appreciate that over Lebron's fake leadership?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about that....Would think he could succeed with Kawhi as the #1, for instance. I get Kawhi wouldn't talk much but maybe he'd appreciate that over Lebron's fake leadership?

I'm not sure Kawhi would want to be around that kind of player but could they succeed, sure.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that Pelicans are interested in Love.

Id take back Solomon Hill and trade Love for #4......at that point it just becomes good value.

Yeah, if they got the #4 for him I would do that for sure. Then you get a combo of players between: Culver, Hunter, Garland or Reddish.

I will be pretty happy if they get a top 10 pick attached to bad contract for the JR contract though

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that Pelicans are interested in Love.

Id take back Solomon Hill and trade Love for #4......at that point it just becomes good value.
Was it the Pluto article?

Not sure he said they were interested, but said would not be shocked if they were as Griff loves the guy. ....and they don't really need more young players with the Laker haul and Zion.

If my math is correct after the AD deal they have enough to absorb his salary, but I think they'd ask us to take on Hill and maybe they'd offer one of their other Laker picks?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if they got the #4 for him I would do that for sure. Then you get a combo of players between: Culver, Hunter, Garland or Reddish.

I will be pretty happy if they get a top 10 pick attached to bad contract for the JR contract though
I would be intrigued but not sure it's the no-brainer you think it is. A god awful team was 7-9 when Love came back and played 15+ minutes.

That said, if they are infatuated with someone they can get at 4 (and 5) then do it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be intrigued but not sure it's the no-brainer you think it is. A god awful team was 7-9 when Love came back and played 15+ minutes.

That said, if they are infatuated with someone they can get at 4 (and 5) then do it.

I mean rumors say they like Culver and Hunter, they could get both, trio of PG - Sexton, SG - Culver, SF - Hunter.
I just think the Love rumors have been going on for so long and the Cavs continue to say we are not trading him. He isn't going anywhere. He loves CLE and CLE loves him. If he stays healthy he can thrive in this great offensive scheme of Beilein.