• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,146.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis may buyout Korver.....if they do, the Lakers need to snap him up.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garland doesn't make sense imo. An undersized 2, Sexton is too...that's just me but after that there are really only 3 guys I think they would take that fits their system so really has nothing to do with rumors.

Reddish, Culver or Hunter. Depending on who goes at 4 (could be Garland or Culver most likely). You have 4 players to basically choose from: Culver, Hunter, Reddish or Garland (one from that list will be gone), unless they just trade back with ATL.
Only way they'd take Garland is if they see him as a star. Last time in that situation they passed on Lillard because they had Kyrie.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis may buyout Korver.....if they do, the Lakers need to snap him up.

Yep he could be the end of a bench player/locker room guy. He would sign for the minimum

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way they'd take Garland is if they see him as a star. Last time in that situation they passed on Lillard because they had Kyrie.

If Sexton was a little bigger I would buy it. Garland could be a Lillard type of playmaker but Sexton at the 2 doesn't excite me from a defensive standpoint lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sexton was a little bigger I would buy it. Garland could be a Lillard type of playmaker but Sexton at the 2 doesn't excite me from a defensive standpoint lol
not ideal, nor would a combo of Lillard/Kyrie, but I bet they'd take him over Waiters in a do-over.

Not ripping them, as at the time made sense not to take Dame.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not that big of a change from what the Blazers are doing. Their starting guards are both 6'3, Sexton and Garland are both 6'2. It would be an attacking offensive approach with less concern over defensive coverage, not sure what Beilein's preferred system is.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that big of a change from what the Blazers are doing. Their starting guards are both 6'3, Sexton and Garland are both 6'2. It would be an attacking offensive approach with less concern over defensive coverage, not sure what Beilein's preferred system is.

Offensively his teams shoot a lot of 3's from what I hear. He always built some good defenses though so I'm sure he wants a 2 or 3 guard that can defend. He loves Hunter. Considering their best players right now: Sexton and Love aren't really known for their defense it would definitely be a bold strategy but possible. It's turning into an offensive league but to contend you still need a good team defense and great individual defenders.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll just leave this here...

D9cFrr5W4AU7ZiT

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors, IMO, should go after all the reclamation projects this off-season. Klay may not make it back until the start of the playoffs and who knows what KD will do if he'll even stay with the team. There's so many question marks with this team and the expectations are really low. Could be a throw away year for them, but at the very least I think they should invest in some guys who they think may still have upside. Off the top of my head those guys would be Jabari Parker and Henry Ellenson. Alec Burks would be nice too, but he's a bit on the older side. Just think the Warriors will need to pull every trick out of the bag to try to figure out how to get some deeper talent on this roster.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensively his teams shoot a lot of 3's from what I hear. He always built some good defenses though so I'm sure he wants a 2 or 3 guard that can defend. He loves Hunter. Considering their best players right now: Sexton and Love aren't really known for their defense it would definitely be a bold strategy but possible. It's turning into an offensive league but to contend you still need a good team defense and great individual defenders.
all true, but scheme matters. Cavs' played pretty good D when Mike Brown was the coach and Z, Gooden, Pavlovic, Jones not exactly known for their D.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all true, but scheme matters. Cavs' played pretty good D when Mike Brown was the coach and Z, Gooden, Pavlovic, Jones not exactly known for their D.

All those guys were pretty good defenders when they were younger and Lebron was a great defender. Big Z, Gooden and Pavlovic all played pretty good D, it was a great team defense specifically though. Love and Sexton (so far), have been below average defenders.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors, IMO, should go after all the reclamation projects this off-season. Klay may not make it back until the start of the playoffs and who knows what KD will do if he'll even stay with the team. There's so many question marks with this team and the expectations are really low. Could be a throw away year for them, but at the very least I think they should invest in some guys who they think may still have upside. Off the top of my head those guys would be Jabari Parker and Henry Ellenson. Alec Burks would be nice too, but he's a bit on the older side. Just think the Warriors will need to pull every trick out of the bag to try to figure out how to get some deeper talent on this roster.

They will find a way, they always do.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like White better as a backcourt mate.

Saw a couple mocks with him going to the Cavs. I think he is underrated. He plays defense and can play the 2 at 6'5". He could be the guy in this top 10 teams overlook that could be a star.

He can play defense already but he has potential in that aspect.
Offensively - he really has no weaknesses and he is very aggressive. Really would just have to look at his shot selection as his weakness to this point, but that isn't uncommon for a young guy.

His per 36 numbers were 23 5 and 6. 35% from 3...underrated

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a couple mocks with him going to the Cavs. I think he is underrated. He plays defense and can play the 2 at 6'5". He could be the guy in this top 10 teams overlook that could be a star.

He can play defense already but he has potential in that aspect.
Offensively - he really has no weaknesses and he is very aggressive. Really would just have to look at his shot selection as his weakness to this point, but that isn't uncommon for a young guy.

His per 36 numbers were 23 5 and 6. 35% from 3...underrated
Next to Zion, he's my favorite guy in the draft.

I want the Suns to take him.

I think Rui will turn out to be pretty good too.

Maybe Danny Granger ish, pre injury.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next to Zion, he's my favorite guy in the draft.

I want the Suns to take him.

I think Rui will turn out to be pretty good too.

Maybe Danny Granger ish, pre injury.

I like Rui as well. Very versatile