• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, I don't want Tristan Thompson or Delonte West.....LOL.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors, IMO, should go after all the reclamation projects this off-season. Klay may not make it back until the start of the playoffs and who knows what KD will do if he'll even stay with the team. There's so many question marks with this team and the expectations are really low. Could be a throw away year for them, but at the very least I think they should invest in some guys who they think may still have upside. Off the top of my head those guys would be Jabari Parker and Henry Ellenson. Alec Burks would be nice too, but he's a bit on the older side. Just think the Warriors will need to pull every trick out of the bag to try to figure out how to get some deeper talent on this roster.

You know what else the Warriors need to do?

Stop spending picks on athletes with upside and take a couple polished skill players who can contribute right now.

They could really use a Ty Jerome or Carson edwards type to get some scoring and shooting off the bench.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stop spending picks on athletes with upside and take a couple polished skill players who can contribute right now.

They could really use a Ty Jerome or Carson edwards type to get some scoring and shooting off the bench.

They need the Washington kid

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carsen Edwards is who I am hoping for also. Another guy I wouldn't be unhappy with if the Warriors drafted is Dylan Windler.

But you're absolutely right on the upside guys: Damian Jones, Jordan Bell, Patrick McCaw and Jacob Evans have been misses so far. I did see some improvement from end of season Evans, but it was in spot minutes. We'll see how this off-season goes.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that Pelicans are interested in Love.

Id take back Solomon Hill and trade Love for #4......at that point it just becomes good value.

NBA Rumors: Pelicans Could Acquire Kevin Love For Trade Package Centered On No. 4 Pick, Per ‘Cleveland.com’

@WiggyRuss

I assume this is what you are talking about. Doesn't say who else or what picks would be included but I'm guessing Hill, maybe a future pick as well

Also..

Report: New Orleans Pelicans and Atlanta Hawks Among Suitors for Kevin Love | Cavaliers Nation

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want Carsen Edwards. I'm not that thrilled about Ty Jerome.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great pickup for Utah . Conley will fit in perfect there

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Carsen Edwards. I'm not that thrilled about Ty Jerome.

You should be.

Ty Jerome is going to be a good NBA role player.

Good all around offensive skill set, can play on or off ball and will be a decent team defender.

Not the type of guy who will ever be a star, but he is going to be solid.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Even some teams that they’ve called, I’m told, as just a [salary] dump, like, ‘We’ll give you Chris Paul for free,’ those teams are like ‘We’re good,'” Charania said (video link). “So the value just is not there right now.”

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavericks Considered Favorites For Al Horford?

Al Horford is expected to leave the Celtics for a new team in free agency, and according to Kevin O’Connor of The Ringer, league sources consider the Mavericks the favorites to land the veteran big man.

As O’Connor writes, the Lakers and Clippers are also said to have interest in Horford, but they’ll likely be setting their sights on higher-end targets such as Kawhi Leonard. The Nets have also been cited as a potential suitor for Horford.

Dallas would be an intriguing landing spot for the 33-year-old center. The Mavericks have the cap flexibility necessary to make a competitive offer to Horford without compromising their ability to extend Dwight Powell or lock up Kristaps Porzingis to a long-term contract. Those three bigs would provide balance and versatility at both ends of the floor for the Mavs.

Horford will reportedly seek a four-year contract on the open market, and one reportindicated that he may even be looking to surpass $100MM on his new deal. That’d be a significant investment for a player entering his mid-30s who battled some nagging health issues last season, but the Mavs have shown in the past that they’re not shy about committing big money to second-tier free agents. They signed Wesley Matthews and Harrison Barnes to four-year, maximum-salary contracts in 2015 and 2016, respectively.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those guys were pretty good defenders when they were younger and Lebron was a great defender. Big Z, Gooden and Pavlovic all played pretty good D, it was a great team defense specifically though. Love and Sexton (so far), have been below average defenders.
None of the 4 I mentioned were good defenders.....arguable even Lebron was a good defender back then. And Godden was dumb as a box of rocks.

Hughes was their best but he was always hurt.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Even some teams that they’ve called, I’m told, as just a [salary] dump, like, ‘We’ll give you Chris Paul for free,’ those teams are like ‘We’re good,'” Charania said (video link). “So the value just is not there right now.”

Apparently this already happened with the Knicks.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still trying to turn us into Cavs west, huh...?
Part of our plan fell through....

th

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carsen Edwards is who I am hoping for also. Another guy I wouldn't be unhappy with if the Warriors drafted is Dylan Windler.

But you're absolutely right on the upside guys: Damian Jones, Jordan Bell, Patrick McCaw and Jacob Evans have been misses so far. I did see some improvement from end of season Evans, but it was in spot minutes. We'll see how this off-season goes.
Hoping Cavs take Edwards at 26.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Rumors: Pelicans Could Acquire Kevin Love For Trade Package Centered On No. 4 Pick, Per ‘Cleveland.com’

@WiggyRuss

I assume this is what you are talking about. Doesn't say who else or what picks would be included but I'm guessing Hill, maybe a future pick as well

Also..

Report: New Orleans Pelicans and Atlanta Hawks Among Suitors for Kevin Love | Cavaliers Nation
I saw the Pluto article to which first link mentions. Doesn't say it's a rumor as much as he points out a possibility to him as Griffin is a huge fan of Love.