• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance

I have a fantasy draft tonight, picking from 9.
Often in mocks Conner and Chubb are available.
If so, which do you prefer?

This league usually drafts RB heavy, so Im thinking I might end up with choice of Hopkins, Adams , OJB, Julio, JuJu as viable 1-2 picks.

Gurley might be there, but I think too risky.

I would take Chubb. He is the best player in the best offense. Don’t be surprised if he goes before though.

Kind of scared of Gurley in the first too, but maybe worth the risk in the 2nd, especially if you take Hopkins or Adams in round 1. Just make sure you cuff him with Henderson if you take Gurley.

You could probably grab your favorite RB of that bunch in round 1, then still get 1 of those WRs in round 2. I would add Michael Thomas and Tyreke Hill to that tier of WRs you could be looking at with pick 16.

Good luck man!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Chubb. He is the best player in the best offense. Don’t be surprised if he goes before though.

Kind of scared of Gurley in the first too, but maybe worth the risk in the 2nd, especially if you take Hopkins or Adams in round 1. Just make sure you cuff him with Henderson if you take Gurley.

You could probably grab your favorite RB of that bunch in round 1, then still get 1 of those WRs in round 2. I would add Michael Thomas and Tyreke Hill to that tier of WRs you could be looking at with pick 16.

Good luck man!
"best player" in the "best offense"?

I would say OBJ is the best player in the Browns offense. Then probably Baker. Then Chubb- as far as just talent goes.

Tyreke hill carries some risk if you ask me. MUCH rather go Thomas.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious how it went. Too late to help, but have heard many of the so-called experts saying to grab 2 WRs early, maybe even as early as 4. Not sure I agree. At 9 I agree with your plan. Maybe Conner and your top WR (I like Thomas as well)

With a pick in the back half of the first round, that isn’t a bad strategy.

This year, IMO, there is a larger gap between the top WRs and those available in rounds 3 and 4 vs. the second tier RBs available at say pick 9 and the RBs available in rounds 3 and 4.

I just don’t think Joe Mixon is that much better/safer pick than Chris CARSOn

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say OBJ is the best player in the Browns offense. Then probably Baker. Then Chubb- as far as just talent goes.

chubb only scares me some as mentioned because of Hunt. I could see going with his fresher legs later in season during FFL playoff time.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would def. go Chubb. Browns are gonna kick ass and there is no running back even close to him.

I had my draft last night in my long running league.

my team in the 12 team league, 2 RB's, 3WR's, 1 TE, no flex, 1/2 point PPR

QB: Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray
RB1: Christian McCaffery
RB2: Mark Ingram II or Duke Johnson
WR1: Amari Cooper
WR2: Keenan Allen
WR3: Tyler Lockert
TE: Trey Burton or Tyler Eifert (Eifert if he is healthy could be a monster but hes never healthy- Burton is at least steady)
Defense: Bears

Bench: LeSean McCoy (RB), Will Fuller V (WR), Andy Isabella (WR)

K: Doesnt matter- but its Mike Badgley, LAC

I'd say you did okay. I assume you got Wilson late so I would have expected your depth to be better in a 12 teamer. I think Ingram will be underrated and have a nice year. Never been a fan of Cooper, but he is what he is. Not a big fan of your TE's but otherwise you have a pretty good team there.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a pick in the back half of the first round, that isn’t a bad strategy.

This year, IMO, there is a larger gap between the top WRs and those available in rounds 3 and 4 vs. the second tier RBs available at say pick 9 and the RBs available in rounds 3 and 4.

I just don’t think Joe Mixon is that much better/safer pick than Chris CARSOn
Actually did a mock earlier picking at 4 (10 teams) and made Hopkins, Kelce and Evans my first 3 picks. Ended up with Fournette and Carson as the RBs. Have to say that wouldn't bother me at all.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comparing the RBs man.

RBs are king in fantasy football.

Chubb is the best RB of those who might be available at pick 9

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually did a mock earlier picking at 4 (10 teams) and made Hopkins, Kelce and Evans my first 3 picks. Ended up with Fournette and Carson as the RBs. Have to say that wouldn't bother me at all.

That is crazy.

8 team league?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is crazy.

8 team league?
Not crazy at all. 10 teamer. Took Hopkins at 4. Kelce mid-late 2nd not outlandish to be there, and Evans early 3rd?

Haven't done one mock yet where Evans goes before rounds 3. Fournette/Carson seem to be going 3-5th rounds (and it's early 5th).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would add, @tlance, one thing that hurts many is they look too much for "name" players so a guy like Carson will probably last longer than he should.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not crazy at all. 10 teamer. Took Hopkins at 4. Kelce mid-late 2nd not outlandish to be there, and Evans early 3rd?

Haven't done one mock yet where Evans goes before rounds 3. Fournette/Carson seem to be going 3-5th rounds (and it's early 5th).

Ok.

I do 12 and 14 team leagues.

Have not seen Evans slip out of the 2nd round yet.

I think he is right there with Juju at the bottom of the elite WR tier.

After him, I think there is a pretty substantial drop off. Evans could be the top scoring WR this year if everything clicks in that Arians offense.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was there.....if memory serves it was played on January 1 and had been out late the night before for NYE. Wasn't easy to get up for that one as I could still sleep in those days.

I was at Browns/Jets 1st ever MNF game.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why risk with Tyreke?
You mean suspension or number of other weapons?