• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is he comes back or is traded, however if I take him then I’d probably just take Ekeler much sooner like 6-7.
Its impossible to forecast fantasy drafts.
This league never goes anything like the mocks would suggest.
I would advise if you are someone who knows his stuff and follows the league relatively closely use the mocks as a guide but go with your own gut. They don't know much more than most.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concept is still the same. Unless you’re maybe doing athletics, 2nd place isn’t worth jack.

You want to discuss college football or any other sports, you’re more than welcome to fuck off to the relevant pages.
If you are comparing Miami Football to all Cleveland teams and one team has maybe been a top 5 team once and another has been top 2 multiple times (and #1) it kind of matters.

By your "logic" we cannot compare the Heat with GS last season because neither won the title.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks good!
But every team after every draft usually does?

McCaf at 2 overall?

Who do you see as value on your roster for where u drafted them?
its a little bit of a weird league.

its been going on for close to 10 years now.

you get to keep 1 guy from the previous season but you cant keep the same guy more than once.

I won the league last year, so i drafted 12th, but my keeper was McCaffrey.

When my turn came to draft at 12 and 13 i took cooper and allen....which i thought were mediocre values.

I actually kind of think duke johnson could be a very solid sleeper pick and a great RB2 since the Houston offense should be great, he is supremely motivated and he is a very good receiving back which means he will be on the field a lot---- that and the Texans really dont have any other viable running backs and Johnson has been very durable in his career

i took Chicago defense in the 9th round i think...which might not be great value, but i think that they will be easily a top 3 defense even if things go to shit, and they could easily be #1 by a solid margin.

I liked the value i got on the qbs...i waited and took wilson and fuller late- and i think together they will make a solid QB combo.

Will Fuller is explosive as hell but gets hurt- but when he plays he usually produces. He is good for am onster game or two a year- which is all i want out of a 4th wideout.

tyler eifert is healthy right now at least- and has the upside to be one of the best TE in the game- he always gets hurt but he is ultra talented.

i would take a sensible tight end --- but then take eifert near the end game of the draft as a guy to take a flier on.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geezus. I was busy before I got in today- and THEN i got 3 new projects and have a meeting about another big project tomorrow. I am absolutely getting shit on right now. unbelievable. So much for the long weekend. ugh.

Honestly, cant wait for the Browns though...a week from Sunday will start the most anticipated Browns season since 1994. That is the truth. Easily the most anticipated season in 25 years.

I remember watching the Browns last playoff win against hte Patriots 25 years ago when i was very very young.

Hopefully they get one this year.
I was there.....if memory serves it was played on January 1 and had been out late the night before for NYE. Wasn't easy to get up for that one as I could still sleep in those days.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would def. go Chubb. Browns are gonna kick ass and there is no running back even close to him.

I had my draft last night in my long running league.

my team in the 12 team league, 2 RB's, 3WR's, 1 TE, no flex, 1/2 point PPR

QB: Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray
RB1: Christian McCaffery
RB2: Mark Ingram II or Duke Johnson
WR1: Amari Cooper
WR2: Keenan Allen
WR3: Tyler Lockert
TE: Trey Burton or Tyler Eifert (Eifert if he is healthy could be a monster but hes never healthy- Burton is at least steady)
Defense: Bears

Bench: LeSean McCoy (RB), Will Fuller V (WR), Andy Isabella (WR)

K: Doesnt matter- but its Mike Badgley, LAC
Use of Chubb with the return of Hunt would worry me some. Especially since he'd be more fresh for playoffs (assuming weeks 15 and 16).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was in Florida and owned property id invest in solar panels. that way even if the electricity goes out you have your own power source. That- and its sunny.

solar panels really dont make that much sense in Cleveland. I have actually looked into a wind turbine but its very expensive and it requires a battery system- it cant just go right into your own "grid".

I have a friend that invested in solar panels in Seattle.........Seattle.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical of a Cleveland fan to start talking about football in the NBA forums now that their basketball team is completely irrelevant.
Sweety, there has been plenty of talk here this offseason that has nothing to do with the NBA (or any sport).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a little bit of a weird league.

its been going on for close to 10 years now.

you get to keep 1 guy from the previous season but you cant keep the same guy more than once.

I won the league last year, so i drafted 12th, but my keeper was McCaffrey.

When my turn came to draft at 12 and 13 i took cooper and allen....which i thought were mediocre values.

I actually kind of think duke johnson could be a very solid sleeper pick and a great RB2 since the Houston offense should be great, he is supremely motivated and he is a very good receiving back which means he will be on the field a lot---- that and the Texans really dont have any other viable running backs and Johnson has been very durable in his career

i took Chicago defense in the 9th round i think...which might not be great value, but i think that they will be easily a top 3 defense even if things go to shit, and they could easily be #1 by a solid margin.

I liked the value i got on the qbs...i waited and took wilson and fuller late- and i think together they will make a solid QB combo.

Will Fuller is explosive as hell but gets hurt- but when he plays he usually produces. He is good for am onster game or two a year- which is all i want out of a 4th wideout.

tyler eifert is healthy right now at least- and has the upside to be one of the best TE in the game- he always gets hurt but he is ultra talented.

i would take a sensible tight end --- but then take eifert near the end game of the draft as a guy to take a flier on.
Seems kind of early for a defense unless some kind of system that offers a ton of points for the D....even then often rarely does the team that looks to be the top D going into a season end up as the best.

Overall, though, looks like a solid team for a 12 team league IMO.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would advise if you are someone who knows his stuff and follows the league relatively closely use the mocks as a guide but go with your own gut. They don't know much more than most.

Agree.
I always do.
I try to get players from certain teams even if computer projects lower adp.
Its just a guide, plus thats how I learn which players switched teams.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.
I always do.
I try to get players from certain teams even if computer projects lower adp.
Its just a guide, plus thats how I learn which players switched teams.
That's how I use it...I have the yahoo list in front of me as an easy way to track who is left.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is, huh? Even though in this case it was a Heat fan asking about fantasy football.

That funny, too?

It’s also funny how defensive you are.

Have a coke and a smile, cupcake.

Maybe if you relaxed a little you wouldn’t be such a joke.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a friend that invested in solar panels in Seattle.........Seattle.
i think solar panels make a lot of sense in the right area......i like the idea of being self sufficient if shit hits the fan....but in Ohio or Washington? yah prob. notgonna work.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s also funny how defensive you are.

Have a coke and a smile, cupcake.

Maybe if you relaxed a little you wouldn’t be such a joke.
All in good fun for me.....irrational adults like you are a crackup.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in good fun for me.....irrational adults like you are a crackup.

giphy.gif