• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was irrelevant to you, you would let it end.
Maybe offer some vcash to a couple degenerates here?
You can get them to say he’s worth a super max!
The relevance is in response to your comment, not if I care or not. I feel so bad you struggle so much and wont ask for help.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, that must have been tough too. In interviews I've seen with the Showtime Lakers, they all respected him for it...but still gave him shit. lol

Being able to stick to it on those Lakers teams is pretty impressive because they were like rock stars everywhere they went.

Tristan holding out from having sex until his wife makes new friends.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
said in a previous post I cannot think of another player like this who was bought out. Not the type of skill he has, but still in prime, not a regressing player (could even still get better), etc. Also already has a ring with many years left seems the buyout guys are closer to retirement.

Yeah, it would be pretty unprecedented. I guess the Cavs would probably also have to look at how long they think the rebuild is going to take.

He's young enough that if they can rebuild fairly quickly, he could be a part of it. But, he's also old enough that, if they think it'll be awhile, it may be best just to get him off the books.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, I think it would be more about the Cavs tanking than his actual value. His contract is what makes a trade difficult, not his production.

The problem for the Cavs, imo, is that with what they're paying him, it seems like they would almost have to play him (that's a lot of money to pay a guy to sit on the bench). But that may result in a few extra wins that they don't want.

I read Lakers win prediction total in Vegas stayed the same after Cousins injury.
Im guessing Cavs number without Tristan would remain same.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair, but we are talking a RFA not UFA. Teams also knew no way Cavs were letting him walk so why negotiate for them? In addition, I don't disagree for a second he was more valuable to the Cavs than to other teams at that time.

You are thinking $10 mil for him is market value? Terrence Ross is at $13 mil. M. williams got $15 mil. Morris and Portis also got $15 mil. I'd say he should be in the range of the latter 3.

Think was also a win they got 5 years and not 3 as I'm sure he would have preferred doing FA 2 years sooner.

@Mecca explained pretty clearly some scenarios that could have made in very tough for Cavs to match.

Bottom line, no team made that type or any offer.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it would be pretty unprecedented. I guess the Cavs would probably also have to look at how long they think the rebuild is going to take.

He's young enough that if they can rebuild fairly quickly, he could be a part of it. But, he's also old enough that, if they think it'll be awhile, it may be best just to get him off the books.
Not even sure a player like this has never been bought out. I just can't think of anyone.

Will say unlike Love whose skills wont be lost much as he ages not sure the same can be said of TT.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca explained pretty clearly some scenarios that could have made in very tough for Cavs to match.

Bottom line, no team made that type or any offer.
Which was why I called the comments fair. But guess what...so were the comments I made. The players I mentioned who were given $15 mil are no better or more valuable than TT.

Other bottom line...TT was RFA not UFA. And I guess I can use your comment and say most seem to get that makes a difference.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally hypothetical:

Cousins did not just tear his ACL and TT is available.

You can sign 1 player for the MLE.

Which one fits the Laker roster better?

I say TT hands down.

2 of your 3 best players (LeBron, AD, Kuzma) are not exactly stellar perimeter defenders. I think TT’s defense is needed more than Boogie’s offense.

It's a totally impossible hypothetical. $20M does not just fall from the heavens.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which was why I called the comments fair. But guess what...so were the comments I made. The players I mentioned who were given $15 mil are no better or more valuable than TT.

Other bottom line...TT was RFA not UFA. And I guess I can use your comment and say most seem to get that makes a difference.

Were the players you named from that same summer or the summer of the craziness?

Thing is, if players knew just how crazy it was going to be, wouldn’t he have been better off to accept the 1 year qualifying offer and then go for the home run?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say that? No. He would fill a similar role and provide better a better production/cost ratio.
Forgive me but I don't even recall the comment I replied to with the Williams/TT comment.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a totally impossible hypothetical. $20M does not just fall from the heavens.
OK, and that's why it's a hypothetical. We discuss a number of hypotheticals here that cannot happen.

Think we are on page 4-5 of whether MJ would still be GOAT if he played today in his prime. Without Doc Brown I don't see that happening to find out.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were the players you named from that same summer or the summer of the craziness?

Thing is, if players knew just how crazy it was going to be, wouldn’t he have been better off to accept the 1 year qualifying offer and then go for the home run?
Maybe but that's the problem with RFA for the player. TT never had the huge payday yet so is he really gonna risk injury to sign a 1 year deal for half of that he could get as a FA?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. They aren't giving up Lebron, AD, or Kuzma. Outside of those 3, I don't think anyone else on the roster can be traded until December except Alex Caruso. The Cavs ain't buying out TT for a solid backup point guard.

If they're buying him out, there's no trade. Lakers have an empty roster spot, they would just sign TT in the highly unlikely event that he's bought out (more like Dwight will be). NBA doesn't have trades where a team eats a player's salary to move him like in baseball.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, and that's why it's a hypothetical. We discuss a number of hypotheticals here that cannot happen.

Think we are on page 4-5 of whether MJ would still be GOAT if he played today in his prime. Without Doc Brown I don't see that happening to find out.

That makes more sense to me than figuring out how the Lakers THIS SUMMER would have the same roster for $20M cheaper, minus Boogie's $3.5M.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're buying him out, there's no trade. Lakers have an empty roster spot, they would just sign TT in the highly unlikely event that he's bought out (more like Dwight will be). NBA doesn't have trades where a team eats a player's salary to move him like in baseball.

Ok. Thanks. I was actually wondering about that yesterday. Wasn't sure how buyouts worked in the NBA.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe but that's the problem with RFA for the player. TT never had the huge payday yet so is he really gonna risk injury to sign a 1 year deal for half of that he could get as a FA?

To that point, he’d never missed a game, was still very young, and was in a situation where it was pretty high % that he’d be able to contribute in a Finals.
Risk involved, yes?
Better time to gamble? No.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes more sense to me than figuring out how the Lakers THIS SUMMER would have the same roster for $20M cheaper, minus Boogie's $3.5M.
Time travel makes more sense than payroll adjustment?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To that point, he’d never missed a game, was still very young, and was in a situation where it was pretty high % that he’d be able to contribute in a Finals.
Risk involved, yes?
Better time to gamble? No.
even though no player at that time at the level of TT would take a 1-year deal as a RFA (at least that I can think of) TT was gonna be the first to try it?