• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 'fuckery' is what worries myself, and probably most Lakers fans too.

But i'm probably being a bit too optimistic in hoping he's matured in that department.
In fairness, like Melo, I think he actually gets it now.

But, he's going to be under a microscope.

So, his mistakes will be unfairly magnified.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't disagree that's not possible. But my guess is they'd talk and see if the Cavs had ideas even if they didn't.....with another team involved.

As long as you say ‘ my guess’, you can do that, keep on guessing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really want to go down this road? It won't end well for you.
If not ending well means I get the boot, while you are doing exactly what you are booting me for it would be the ultimate "oh, the irony".

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as you say ‘ my guess’, you can do that, keep on guessing.
never implied I know....just offering logic and facts to refute you thinking you know. well, I am or I wait until you offer the evidence yourself.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not ending well means I get the boot, while you are doing exactly what you are booting me for it would be the ultimate "oh, the irony".

I think you cavs fans need to realize your team is absolute horse shit before y'all get all butthurt whenever somebody mentions one of your players.

You once had a good team, you won your championship, now it's time to move on.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you cavs fans need to realize your team is absolute horse shit before y'all get all butthurt whenever somebody mentions one of your players.

true. some wanna act like their players are the greatest and that 1 title in 4 tries is a dynasty...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have, but that implies another agent would shortchange himself and his client? That if no Klutch Lebron isn't pressuring the Cavs?

So it was just coincidence he switched to Klutch?

We know James publicly spoke up for two Klutch clients.
Did he offer a public opinion on any non Klutch players contract?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true. some wanna act like their players are the greatest and that 1 title in 4 tries is a dynasty...

And funny enough, the only reason they even got to the Finals now plays in LA. Which must kill a guy like Wiggy who hates the Lakers more than anything

In fact, i'm willing to bet my left testicle (see what I did there ;) ) that Wiggy bawled like a little baby when that news came out

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never implied I know....just offering logic and facts to refute you thinking you know. well, I am or I wait until you offer the evidence yourself.

If there were “facts”, then you would know.

I offered what we know.
Many players were mentioned during FA. TT never was.
No Lakers fan that I ever saw suggested he was a viable option.

We saw how the AD thing went down.
LeBron is anything but subtle when he wants something.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably why I just told Raptor i hope he sees things as I did when we fell apart (though I don't think they'll drop like we did right away).......Grateful to see a title I never thought I'd see. all good.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is he’ll let your bullshit slide until games start and then if you’re destroying the threads as you do, you’ll be moved to fouled out.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88

@TurnUpTheHeat

@trojanfan12

Can't everyone be a little right and agree to disagree?

You are on bath salts if you think any other team was willing to pay Tristan close to that amount.

Yes, Gilbert knew the cap was going up and he'd get offers the following year.

Also, emphatically, YES, Klutch and James were a huge reason Thompson got as much as he did.

LeBron wanted him back and the Cavs didn't have the ability to bring in another guy with his perceived upside because of their payroll.

So, Klutch singnee or not, they were going to have to overpay....

But, probably not to the extent that they did.

To say otherwise is revisionist history.

Tristan is role player who was at the right place, at the right time.

It pays to be friends with LeBron James.

It pays to share his agent, too.

Not that Tristan Thompson is getting $82 million just for that. LeBron has a lot of friends who aren't getting $82 million of Dan Gilbert's money.

Nonetheless, Thompson agreeing to a five-year deal just days before the season opener after months of haggling and weeks of holding out is the latest example of the LeBron Effect.

LeBron usually gets what he wants, and in this case, he really wanted Thompson to be on his team this season.

Thompson's return to Team LeBron was only going to be a matter of price.

Thompson wanted a max deal totaling $94 million. The Cavs weren't willing to go that high.

Much to Thompson's chagrin, not a single team stepped forward with a max offer sheet, which would've made everyone except Gilbert happy.

Thompson would've gotten his max, LeBron would've gotten his teammate back, and Paul would've gotten a bigger commission.

It didn't unfold this way simply because Thompson is worth more to the Cavaliers than he'd be worth to any team that might've contemplated extending him an offer sheet.

"Big difference between what he wants and what he's worth," one NBA source said as the saga unfolded.

Would Thompson have been worth all that trouble (and money) to, say, the Portland Trail Blazers? Not by a long shot. But given the stakes for the Cavs in this second coming of the LeBron era, he's worth it to them.

Tristan Thompson's deal the latest example of the LeBron Effect

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it was just coincidence he switched to Klutch?

We know James publicly spoke up for two Klutch clients.
Did he offer a public opinion on any non Klutch players contract?
That Kawhi guy is not a klutch client.

we also know Lebron spoke up for 2 guys who helped him win and the cavs could not find better replacements if they were not signed.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ironically the lakers weren't any better last year, and most likely this year as well...We were both in the lottery...And we aren't on a 7 year playoff drought lol