• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally a week ago we were talking about Pelinka needing to be fired.

Really the only thing that has changed since then is AD waiving his trade kicker. The trade was nothing.

You all can defend your boy all you want. My analysis has been pretty objective though. And I can only go on the information that gets reported.

Who said a Pelinka needed to be fired?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which Lakers fans said that?

Twitter fans. You know the ones people on here bitch about the Warriors fans saying dumb shit. It's like a 95% joke post.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally a week ago we were talking about Pelinka needing to be fired.

I don't recall saying that Pelinka needed to be fired.

Really the only thing that has changed since then is AD waiving his trade kicker. The trade was nothing.

You all can defend your boy all you want. My analysis has been pretty objective though. And I can only go on the information that gets reported.

No, he got the AD trade done and created the necessary cap space to get another top FA. Now we have to see what else he can get done.

I'm not so much defending him as pointing out that we don't have all of the information re: what happened during the trade negotiations and pointing out what he did right.

I have simply said that we don't know if Pelinka is a good GM or not, but that since Magic left and Jeanie put him in charge, I and other Lakers fans are happy with what he's done. In fact, I even said that he may still end up being a terrible GM.

Whether the timing of the trade was an oversight by Pelinka, something the Pels insisted on or a little of both...the trade got done and he created the cap space that everyone seemed sure that he couldn't.

You are the one that claimed he made all kinds of mistakes and then why asked you what mistakes he made...you came up with one possible mistake that we don't know for certain was a mistake (and if it was, has since been corrected) and saying that he hasn't shown you anything.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter fans. You know the ones people on here bitch about the Warriors fans saying dumb shit. It's like a 95% joke post.

Yeah, someone pointed that out. That kind of nonsense is why I don't have Twitter. lol

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources tell me that the plan is for Jeanie Buss to seduce Kawhi.

LakerGirl-1200dpi.jpg

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparently, it was originally a Screamin' A statement that it was supposed to be exclusively Jeanie and Magic.

Turns out, (according to Sam Amick apparently) Lebron and AD will also be there and that Kawhi and his reps also asked for Magic to be there too.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, it was originally a Screamin' A statement that it was supposed to be exclusively Jeanie and Magic.

Turns out, (according to Sam Amick apparently) Lebron and AD will also be there and that Kawhi and his reps also asked for Magic to be there too.

that makes more sense...

lock him in a room and MAKE him sign, DeAndre Jordan style...:thumb:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that makes more sense...

lock him in a room and MAKE him sign, DeAndre Jordan style...:thumb:

I'm hearing the Lakers are recruiting DeAndre too and he wants to come back to LA....so I'm sure he will be locked in there too. Only getting a little MLE though

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I head Lebron and AD were going to be in on it too, but isn't AD technically still a Pelican? I don't know how that would work.

Unless they sneak him in though the back door with one of those Groucho Marx moustaches.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why will Magic be there? I mean from a player perspective and him being a great Laker, I get it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RUMOR: ESPN's Brian Windhorst Reveals Who Is Now Interested In Joining LeBron James, Lakers

The Lakers created a third max slot on Thursday after agreeing to a trade with the Washington Wizards. The expectation is Los Angeles wants to use that third max slot on Kyrie Irving or Kawhi Leonard.

Windhorst says other second-tier and third-tier free agents want to play for the Lakers now that they have Anthony Davis next to LeBron James:

“There are guys out there who are lining up to join the Lakers, even if they’re on minimum contracts,” Windhorst said on ESPN radio. “Guys want to join this team, they want to be a part of this team, there’s a momentum there.”

Some free agents who the Lakers could take a look at are Carmelo Anthony, J.R. Smith, Derrick Rose, Jamal Crawford and Markieff Morris. LA needs a starting point guard, as they sent Lonzo Ball to the New Orleans Pelicans in the Davis trade.

The Lakers could decide to re-sign Rajon Rondo since he has a good rapport with Davis. Rondo and AD played one season together in New Orleans.

It’s shaping up to be a good 2019-20 season for the Lakers. With Davis and James in the mix, Los Angeles could contend for a championship. We’ll see if they decide to use that third max slot on a star player or break it up to fill out the roster.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like my DLo prediction is going to be off. Rumors are if the Lakers don't get Kawhi or Kyrie, they will breaking up the cap space with role players, which makes sense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Marc Stein and Stephen A said it was just Jeanie and Magic...does Kawhi and his uncle really want to watch Magic finger banging her...Kawhi to Canada, as quick as possible