• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Likely To Introduce Coach’s Challenge For 2019/20
June 28th, 2019 at 10:21am CST by Luke Adams
The NBA will implement a coach’s challenge during Summer League play in July and anticipates introducing the rule for the 2019/20 regular season, according to a league memo obtained by ESPN’s Zach Lowe.

Here’s how the new rule is expected to work, according to Lowe:

• Coaches will get one challenge per game, whether or not it’s successful.
  • Called fouls, goaltending, basket interference, and out-of-bounds plays are the only calls that can be challenged. Uncalled fouls can’t be challenged.
  • Coaches must have a timeout available to use a challenge, and must use that timeout immediately after the call they want to challenge.
  • If the challenge is successful, the team will get its timeout back. If not, it will be lost.
  • The crew chief for that game’s referee crew will make the final call on challenges involving fouls. All other challenges will be decided by the NBA’s Replay Center.
As Lowe explains, the NBA has tested the challenge system in the G League over the last two years. The league plans to introduce it on a trial basis for the 2019/20 season “as part of a one-year pilot program,” per Lowe.

However, before it can become official, the NBA’s Board of Governors will need to approve it. According to Lowe, that vote is expected to take place on July 9, and would require support from at least two-thirds of the league’s teams. The NBA expects the rule to be passed, Lowe notes.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laker fans in 2016: Warriors ruined the league.

Laker fans in 2019: We got Lebron, AD, and now we're gonna get Kawhi. Let's superteam this bitch to the max!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprising, a foul is on that list of challenged calls. I would think it would be very difficult to overturn that without conclusive evidence like in football. It could be a key in close games. I would think all coaches would keep their challenges until the 2nd half at least. Makes the most sense if you are in a close game to save it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Laker fans in 2019: We got Lebron, AD, and now we're gonna get Kawhi. Let's superteam this bitch to the max!

Warriors didn't ruin it, Durant did. He joined a team that already had 3 stars and had just set the regular season wins record. Are you saying that Kuzma is now a star and the Lakers are going to challenge that record? How nice...

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Likely To Introduce Coach’s Challenge For 2019/20
June 28th, 2019 at 10:21am CST by Luke Adams
The NBA will implement a coach’s challenge during Summer League play in July and anticipates introducing the rule for the 2019/20 regular season, according to a league memo obtained by ESPN’s Zach Lowe.

Here’s how the new rule is expected to work, according to Lowe:

• Coaches will get one challenge per game, whether or not it’s successful.
  • Called fouls, goaltending, basket interference, and out-of-bounds plays are the only calls that can be challenged. Uncalled fouls can’t be challenged.
  • Coaches must have a timeout available to use a challenge, and must use that timeout immediately after the call they want to challenge.
  • If the challenge is successful, the team will get its timeout back. If not, it will be lost.
  • The crew chief for that game’s referee crew will make the final call on challenges involving fouls. All other challenges will be decided by the NBA’s Replay Center.
As Lowe explains, the NBA has tested the challenge system in the G League over the last two years. The league plans to introduce it on a trial basis for the 2019/20 season “as part of a one-year pilot program,” per Lowe.

However, before it can become official, the NBA’s Board of Governors will need to approve it. According to Lowe, that vote is expected to take place on July 9, and would require support from at least two-thirds of the league’s teams. The NBA expects the rule to be passed, Lowe notes.

I would hate this. It's unnecessary. The refs are flawed but they do the best job they can. I have no problems with giving them discretionary calls throughout the game. Like for example if there's a loose ball and a foul could be called on a player but the ref doesn't and awards the ball to the opposing team. Then they go to replay and award the ball back to the player who fouled because they can only reverse what happened on the court and not retroactively give a foul. I hate that shit.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors didn't ruin it, Durant did. He joined a team that already had 3 stars and had just set the regular season wins record. Are you saying that Kuzma is now a star and the Lakers are going to challenge that record? How nice...

He joined a team which had 1 MVP caliber player and 2 perennial all-stars.

Kawhi would be joining two other MVP caliber players. All three players can legitimately be argued as top 5 players in the NBA.

But if you prefer quantity over quality argument then that's cool.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hate this. It's unnecessary. The refs are flawed but they do the best job they can. I have no problems with giving them discretionary calls throughout the game. Like for example if there's a loose ball and a foul could be called on a player but the ref doesn't and awards the ball to the opposing team. Then they go to replay and award the ball back to the player who fouled because they can only reverse what happened on the court and not retroactively give a foul. I hate that shit.

Yeah, I agree. So at most this would be 2 plays a game (1 for each team) but apparently this is just a trial run and see how it goes. I don't necessarily like it but it could be useful on a really bad call at the end of the game that possibly decides it and it is the clear wrong call. Other than that, I don't care for it much.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

going on record and saying that wasn't me...

in my view, stopping Cleveland 3 outta 4 times, was doing the Lord's work... and keeping WiggityWack on constant suicide watch...:heh:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss would you take a combo of these players for Love?

Nassir Little $2.1
Anfernee Simmons $2.1
Zach Collins $4.2
Mo Harkless $11
Meyers Leonard $11.2

Love is at $28.9 so they would have to match that.

I doubt they would part with Collins and probably Little too but definitely possible.

Maybe Collins, Harkless, Little and a future pick for Love.

Why would the Blazers do that?

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media trying hard to get those clicks

And the sheep are taking the bait

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why not? Seems everybody else is...

Well Portland has actually offered the Cavs trades in the past and they declined. I think it would be a perfect fit and it's what they need to get over the hump...a true 3rd option. They would choose most likely 3 players from that list - 2 expiring and 1 young, nice player along with a draft pick.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes 4 yr $88M

Sacramento what are you doing????