• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the plane....see you guys on the flip side. Most likely won't be on here much....until Sunday. Unless, I come on to post pics of scenery.....or banjos.
We'll just have to find a way to carry on until your triumphant return

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another Heat/Cavs debate

giphy.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James’ string of one-year contracts held the franchise captive. Anything short of a championship was unsatisfactory. To chase those aspirations, Cleveland refurbished its bench with champions like Kendrick Perkins and Mike Miller, rather than replenishing its roster with hungry veterans still hankering for that first taste of a deep postseason run. Maneuvering the league’s most expensive cap sheet was nothing short of daunting. Gilbert loomed. Griffin’s misery creeped on top of the stress. “We won despite our culture to a huge degree. And I knew it. I knew what we weren’t doing,” he says. “There were so many things during that period of time that I wanted to do differently. If you make everything about, ‘It’s a destination. Damn the torpedos, I gotta get there,’ that might be the only time you get there.” Even still, James accepted the GM’s feedback along the way. “He knew I could help him win,” Griffin says. And so James approved of Griffin as a basketball decision–maker, allowing a steady dialogue. “You’ve got to be willing to have very difficult conversations with LeBron,” Griffin says. “I always was, which is why we had a great relationship, because I would tell him what he needed to hear and he respected that I was telling him that for the right reasons.”

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the plane....see you guys on the flip side. Most likely won't be on here much....until Sunday. Unless, I come on to post pics of scenery.....or banjos.

Have a good time. Where you going, the Gilligan Islands?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pressures of annually supplementing LeBron James with a contending roster mounted endlessly. “Everything we did was so inorganic and unsustainable and, frankly, not fun. I was miserable,” Griffin says. “Literally the moment we won the championship I knew I was gonna leave. There was no way I was gonna stay for any amount of money.”

As champagne popped in the Cavs’ locker room, Griffin privately wept in an Oakland broom closet. A one-track mind had removed anything but delivering the city’s first championship in 52 years from consciousness. “I didn’t watch the league, and I didn’t love the game anymore,” Griffin says. “I was so fixated on outcome that I just totally lost my joy.” His NBA TV sidestep proved therapeutic. He rediscovered his passion for the game. An appetite to steer a franchise returned, the lingering bad taste from Cleveland crystalizing Griffin’s ideal next destination. “I was kind of chomping at the bit to do it right,” he says.
So basically your only championship was a joyless slog and the architect left to actually "do it right". Must be nice for you.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said NUMEROUS times to certain dumb-fucks--- Griffin didnt leave because of money.

He left because he was burnt out from "going for it"- and mortgaging every asset to try and win RIGHT NOW. He wanted to grow a team organically instead.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said NUMEROUS times to certain dumb-fucks--- Griffin didnt leave because of money.

He left because he was burnt out from "going for it"- and mortgaging every asset to try and win RIGHT NOW. He wanted to grow a team organically instead.
And he left the Cavs. Be proud of that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically your only championship was a joyless slog and the architect left to actually "do it right". Must be nice for you.
thats what it sounds like it was to Griffin.

And from his perspective I get it--- the expectations, mortgaging the future, not being able to grow a roster and team organically- every move a win-now move, managing those personalities.

It had to be exhausting.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm.
I did the opposite of try to get into it, stating opinions are just that. I prefer Bosh, but if he or anyone prefers Love, great.
That should equate to moving on.
And then when he inevitably argues it, just ignore from then on.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what he says LeBron's priorities are now:

James’ contagious hunger to deliver a championship for Northeast Ohio dissipated. “There wasn’t a lot else for him,” Griffin says. “I don’t think he’s the same animal anymore about winning.” Many in the NBA now suggest James harbors two priorities: enduring to team with his eldest son, Bronny, and one day owning a franchise

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why I got to be a dumb fuck?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats what it sounds like it was to Griffin.

And from his perspective I get it--- the expectations, mortgaging the future, not being able to grow a roster and team organically- every move a win-now move, managing those personalities.

It had to be exhausting.

He was exhausting, and that is why I said I hoped he’d leave if he insisted on annual opt outs.