• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does it say a player can't request a trade?
nowhere. It also doesnt say in the CBA that you a player cant skydive. It also doesnt say you are allowed to take a shit on the team bus in the CBA.

A "no trade clause" prevents a player from being traded- or a limited no trade clause prevents a player from being traded to a certain team. THAT is in the CBA.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from bleachereport.com (2-16-19)

Anthony Davis: Celtics 'are on my list' of preferred trade destinations

A small piece from that article. "They are on my list...I never said Boston wasn't on my list"

Seems like he said that. Or is an article from bleacherreport not valid?:noidea:

That was Feb trade deadline

“They can trade for him, but it’ll be for one year,” Paul says. “I mean: If the Celtics traded for Anthony Davis, we would go there and we would abide by our contractual [obligations] and we would go into free agency in 2020. I’ve stated that to them. But in the event that he decides to walk away and you give away assets? Don’t blame Rich Paul.”

This is June, 2019

#dothemath

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nowhere. It also doesnt say in the CBA that you a player cant skydive. It also doesnt say you are allowed to take a shit on the team bus in the CBA.

A "no trade clause" prevents a player from being traded- or a limited no trade clause prevents a player from being traded to a certain team. THAT is in the CBA.

None of this has anything to do with whether or not a player can request a trade.

If players don't want to be traded, they can try to negotiate a no trade clause.

I have no problem if a team wants to try to negotiate a no trade request clause.

Unless either or both of those are in the contract...

The team can trade the player and the player can request a trade. End of story.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well every fn thing on a message board is opinion. You know that right?

I’m not a backpeddlar, if you don’t think what he did was a major distraction in that locker room you are a fool. You might be anyway, but of course if I were to say that it would just be my opinion.

Just so we're clear...

Everything on a message board is opinion.

Your opinion is that what AD did was a distraction.

You have this opinion even though you weren't in the locker room and provided no evidence to back up your opinion.

Someone else says they aren't sure it was a distraction and uses the quality of AD's play to show that, at the least, it wasn't a distraction for him.

But he's a fool for not agreeing with your opinion.

That about sum it up?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would a place a bet on that? Did I say HE WILL BECOME A BULL?

Rich Paul made it pretty clear that Davis will enter free agency next summer no matter what. If things don't go great with the Lakers this coming season then there is a chance he leaves or at least meet with other teams

Imo, he'd be foolish not to meet with other teams. I think players should always test the free agency waters, even if they have every intention re-signing with their current team.

Never hurts to know what else is out there or to keep a little pressure on the current team.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, he'd be foolish not to meet with other teams. I think players should always test the free agency waters, even if they have every intention re-signing with their current team.

Never hurts to know what else is out there or to keep a little pressure on the current team.

Or to ruin their FA by jacking them around, so they miss out on other targeted players.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep I agree. I think there is a small chance he leaves but as you said it keeps pressure on the Lakers. Meeting with other teams can always be scary but Lakers winning a title can end all of that

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I agree. I think there is a small chance he leaves but as you said it keeps pressure on the Lakers. Meeting with other teams can always be scary but Lakers winning a title can end all of that

I doubt the even have to win a title (although you're right, it would pretty well guarantee he re-signs). As long as things go well, there's a playoff run and he believes that the Lakers will take care of business as far as keeping a roster he can win with, he'll be back.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 162,657.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so we're clear...

Everything on a message board is opinion.

Your opinion is that what AD did was a distraction.

You have this opinion even though you weren't in the locker room and provided no evidence to back up your opinion.

Someone else says they aren't sure it was a distraction and uses the quality of AD's play to show that, at the least, it wasn't a distraction for him.

But he's a fool for not agreeing with your opinion.

That about sum it up?

I got on him a little for pointing out something said on a message board was opinion. I thought that was understood. All it was.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of this has anything to do with whether or not a player can request a trade.

If players don't want to be traded, they can try to negotiate a no trade clause.

I have no problem if a team wants to try to negotiate a no trade request clause.

Unless either or both of those are in the contract...

The team can trade the player and the player can request a trade. End of story.
Bingo.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my......really didn't think I had to point out by saying he wont play there meant after the season. Obviously he'd go if traded as he doesn't have much choice.

I'll start talking to you like you are a 4-year-old.

You want the 4-year-old make you double tap out?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is nothing in the CBA that says "a player has a right to request a trade" ----- please dont be stupid. Of course they can bitch and whine and complain etc. if they want to- b ut there is no mechanism where they can say "i want to get traded". Thats not how any sports league in the world works.

And there is nothing in the CBA that says a player can’t ask to be traded.

Again it comes down to whether or not the team decides to oblige.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep exactly but these GMs/Owners need to start making a stand. If a player make a trade demand, you don't have to trade them.

You think I would have ever traded PG if I was OKC knowing trading him means you have to trade Russ also? PG had 2 seasons left before he is even eligible to become a free agent. His ass would still be a Thunder if I was in the front office of that team

Where was OKC going with last season’s roster? They were capped out and not as good as the other top teams.

Presti did not have to trade George. George was under contract for 2 more years before he even had a player option. Presti chose to trade George because it accomplished these 3 things:

1) get a haul of assets
2) save a lot of long term salary for a team that wasn’t contending
3) tank for a couple years and get high lotto picks of their own

If trading George was not best for OKC and their long term plan, they wouldn’t have done it. This was more because the team was not as good as Presti thought it should have been. So he hit the reset button.

George’s request gave him the out he needed to save some face from the fan base

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having one of the best players in the league changes that quickly especially being in the East.

Lavine is a top 30ish type player

Nah.

He is a hollow stat producer.

I will give you top 60.

Not top 30. No way.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

He is a hollow stat producer.

I will give you top 60.

Not top 30. No way.

Didn't even bother with a response.....I loved him at UCLA but he isn't a top 40-50 player, much less top 30. Clearly posting stats on bad teams.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD, Lavine and co might get the 38-40 wins but they aren't a contender in the EC and I think AD knows that.