• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and all signs from him and Rich Paul points to him at least entering free agency next summer.

Only way he’ll consider leaving Lakers is if LeBron does, IMO.

They both went through too much to unite, plus Klutch connection.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, to a certain extent.
After a point, it was apparent that he was waiting for ‘something’.
If you weren’t aware of what the ‘something’ was, it wasn’t you.

Now if Kawhi had already ruled out the Lakers days before he announced his decision that's on him not the Lakers.

Lakers had a Plan B in affect as soon as Kawhi announced he was joining the Clips. Heck, within the hour they signed like 5 players.

They added shooters and defense, something they lacked last year.

If you ask me, and probably the vast majority of Lakers fans, Pelinka and the Lakers F.O. did a fantastic job under the circumstances.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls are a bigger rebuilding project than the Pels.
And he asked to go to LA.......probably why I said I think he'll stay and would be shocked if he went to the Bulls.

But AD never said it was 100% he would stay as was implied.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said they called Boston directly. This is what I said.

Where in statement did I say they called Boston directly
Did I make that comment to you? If so, apologies, but I thought I made it to @TurnUpTheHeat who said the following.....

I think you are forgetting the part where AD told them, directly, that he’d be a 1 season rental.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just want to argue to argue

Did Davis ever say that what was said wasn’t accurate?

He had no problem telling us he can’t dress himself.
Pretty much everyone here argues to argue. Hell, I pretty much agreed with DJ and he argued with me....and told me I argue to argue.

There is a big difference between Davis contacting the Cs directly (as you claimed) and an agent putting it out there for all teams what his plans might be.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he asked to go to LA.......probably why I said I think he'll stay and would be shocked if he went to the Bulls.

But AD never said it was 100% he would stay as was implied.

Really if you want to go back and find the original problem, its pretty easy to find. It all traces back to Lebron and his agent Rich Paul. Instead of Rich Paul looking out for the best interests of AD he pushed AD to go to the Lakers prior to his contract was up. Ever wonder why? AD best interests would have been joining a team with a brighter future or younger pieces. His window is incredibly tight because of Lebrons age. IMO this was almost forced and AD was too dumb to even realize.

The reason he did this was to desperately help Lebron, it had nothing to do with AD and his best interests. AD had never talked about going to LA prior to Rich Paul. I wonder why? AD is getting used and causing a problem in the league at the same time. No free agent chose LA, so this was the backup plan even if it ment causing problems and acting as dirty as possible alienating his own team and GM magic in the process. Lebron was desperate to get somone and used his agent and AD as a pawn. Will it blow up in their faces? That will be seen next year...

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much everyone here argues to argue. Hell, I pretty much agreed with DJ and he argued with me....and told me I argue to argue.

There is a big difference between Davis contacting the Cs directly (as you claimed) and an agent putting it out there for all teams what his plans might be.

Yeah, that's why I think most of us are here...we all like to argue. I know that's why I'm here...lol

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really if you want to go back and find the original problem, its pretty easy to find. It all traces back to Lebron and his agent Rich Paul. Instead of Rich Paul looking out for the best interests of AD he pushed AD to go to the Lakers prior to his contract was up. Ever wonder why? AD best interests would have been joining a team with a brighter future or younger pieces. His window is incredibly tight because of Lebrons age. IMO this was almost forced and AD was too dumb to even realize.

The reason he did this was to desperately help Lebron, it had nothing to do with AD and his best interests. AD had never talked about going to LA prior to Rich Paul. I wonder why? AD is getting used and causing a problem in the league at the same time. No free agent chose LA, so this was the backup plan even if it ment causing problems and acting as dirty as possible alienating his own team and GM magic in the process. Lebron was desperate to get somone and used his agent and AD as a pawn. Will it blow up in their faces? That will be seen next year...

This is the longest post I've seen you write on here and AG. How's Artman doing?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the longest post I've seen you write on here and AG. How's Artman doing?

I have some free time, it's Saturday...He is having some meeting with Leo Dicaprio now according to him lol

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I make that comment to you? If so, apologies, but I thought I made it to @TurnUpTheHeat who said the following.....

I think you are forgetting the part where AD told them, directly, that he’d be a 1 season rental.

If you don’t think that those words were put in Paul’s mouth by A.D., then you either:

A. Naive
B. Have no common sense
C. Both A&B

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He mentioned Boston by name, on purpose, because they had in most peoples opinion better assets to offer.

You really do just want to argue to argue.

From the day AD hired Klutch, and maybe sooner, his sole intention was to play with LeBron in LA.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have some free time, it's Saturday...He is having some meeting with Leo Dicaprio now according to him lol

LOL...Typical Artman, he has endless material to entertain the board with.

TBH, you rarely post so in depth about hoops on AG, I'm surprised and impressed. Keep up the good work.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don’t think that those words were put in Paul’s mouth by A.D., then you either:

A. Naive
B. Have no common sense
C. Both A&B
Thinking AD telling Boston directly he wont play there is not the same as his agents telling all teams he's a rental.

To think otherwise just means you lack comprehension.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...Typical Artman, he has endless material to entertain the board with.

TBH, you rarely post so in depth about hoops on AG, I'm surprised and impressed. Keep up the good work.

AG is more for entertainment, it would be pointless to talk sports there lmao

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He mentioned Boston by name, on purpose, because they had in most peoples opinion better assets to offer.

You really do just want to argue to argue.

From the day AD hired Klutch, and maybe sooner, his sole intention was to play with LeBron in LA.
Yet here you are replying to do what? Let me help......Rhymes with scnargue.

when did AD, as you claimed, mention Boston by name let alone contact them DIRECTLY.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking AD telling Boston directly he wont play there is not the same as his agents telling all teams he's a rental.

To think otherwise just means you lack comprehension.

What?
I said one season rental, never said he wouldn’t play there.

Better rethink that comprehension.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?
I said one season rental, never said he wouldn’t play there.

Better rethink that comprehension.
Oh my......really didn't think I had to point out by saying he wont play there meant after the season. Obviously he'd go if traded as he doesn't have much choice.

I'll start talking to you like you are a 4-year-old.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my......really didn't think I had to point out by saying he wont play there meant after the season. Obviously he'd go if traded as he doesn't have much choice.

I'll start talking to you like you are a 4-year-old.

Jesus H Christ

He said he’d be a one year rental.
He being AD, speaking through his agent.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet here you are replying to do what? Let me help......Rhymes with scnargue.

when did AD, as you claimed, mention Boston by name let alone contact them DIRECTLY.

from bleachereport.com (2-16-19)

Anthony Davis: Celtics 'are on my list' of preferred trade destinations

A small piece from that article. "They are on my list...I never said Boston wasn't on my list"

Seems like he said that. Or is an article from bleacherreport not valid?:noidea: