• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's he supposed to say?

"I'd never consider playing in my hometown...."

Yeah, that'd go over well.....
He could say what many would say......"I'm a Laker now and we'll talk about that when the time is right."

Never mind I never said he will be going to the Bulls. Even said I'd be surprised....my only contention is he's never made it clear he is 100% certain to stay in LA.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already posted where it was said.
Unless, you think Paul just guessed when he said it, he was told to say it.
But you claimed Davis told them directly. Directly means calling the Cs and letting them know.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league better drug test AD after that idiotic comment. How many playoff series did he win while with the Pels? Damn good player. But he looks like a fool saying something like that when he hasn't even made it to a conference finals.

Did you miss their playoff run a few seasons ago?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could say what many would say......"I'm a Laker now and we'll talk about that when the time is right."

Never mind I never said he will be going to the Bulls. Even said I'd be surprised....my only contention is he's never made it clear he is 100% certain to stay in LA.

He did that to pacifiy the hometown fans....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, it will....care to place a bet?

Why would a place a bet on that? Did I say HE WILL BECOME A BULL?

Rich Paul made it pretty clear that Davis will enter free agency next summer no matter what. If things don't go great with the Lakers this coming season then there is a chance he leaves or at least meet with other teams

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 165,527.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In your opinion. I don't think it went down in the best way, but you first said it's just words that he would not do what NO asked of him but are now backpedaling on the idea there were no actions that said otherwise.

Well every fn thing on a message board is opinion. You know that right?

I’m not a backpeddlar, if you don’t think what he did was a major distraction in that locker room you are a fool. You might be anyway, but of course if I were to say that it would just be my opinion.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many quit on their team and narrowed trade options down to 1 team?
He never did that before he was a RFA. question is who was the RFA who did not get all he could. Only one I can think of is Lebron. I don't believe he signed for the max in years when he resigned after his rookie deal.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep and all signs from him and Rich Paul points to him at least entering free agency next summer.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you miss their playoff run a few seasons ago?

So you're saying the Pels w/ AD made it to the conference finals? Yep I missed that one. What year was that again?:heh:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except, that team wasn't expected to do shit.....and they play in the WC.....not the EC.

LOL based on what? They finished 1 game behind the team they defeated in the 1st round. Wasn't exactly shocking

I don't care if you play in the East or West. A top 5 basketball player should be able to win more than 1 playoffs series in the first 7 seasons of his career

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well every fn thing on a message board is opinion. You know that right?

I’m not a backpeddlar, if you don’t think what he did was a major distraction in that locker room you are a fool. You might be anyway, but of course if I were to say that it would just be my opinion.
You backpedaled. No way around it, but it's not a big deal. You have your opinion and no amount of logic, facts nor reason can change it. You've been shown AD did, in fact, play very well while NO decided they wanted him to play. So if you have something that would refute his words that he'll do whatever is asked of him by NO have at it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's his MO. Just like Wiggy.

They are:

you get no one here argues alone, right? at least not that I've seen. In fact, my comment was pretty tame. I said I thought AD would stay and would be shocked if he went to the Bulls......but there is nothing to support the poster saying he has claimed he'll stay in LA with 100% certainty.

Yet you found reason to argue. Ironic, huh?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with this, but you have to remember these kids are not really "professionals"

Plus it's even worse if you think about it. Not only is he slapping the "company" team that is paying him millions, he is also directly hurting them in getting assets back by saying things like if you trade me to Boston it will be only for a year. He is doing the original team dirty. Sabotaging them if you will. That wouldn't fly in real business, that is why they have non compete, and protect assets, but the NBA has let the convicts run the show.
agree it didn't go down exactly as it should have, but isn't he hurting them more by saying nothing then just leaving (where they get nothing for him)?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did NOLA not try to improve the team?

Wouldn’t you assume they got his input on decisions they were making?
On this part I agree. Not improving as one might like is not the same as not trying to improve.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami Heat center Bam Adebayo has been invited to next month’s USA Basketball trials in Las Vegas in advance of the FIBA World Cup that opens later next month in China, the South Florida Sun Sentinel has confirmed.

Maybe they just didn’t have TT’s number?
Or maybe TT is from Canada?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically a player can do anything.
Up until recent years, I don’t recall it ever being much of an issue.

Thats why, my guess is, next CBA, things will be re-addressed.
Didn't Kobe request a trade? I happen to think it might have happened had Pau not been brought in.

definitely happens a lot more now though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is nothing in the CBA that says "a player has a right to request a trade" ----- please dont be stupid. Of course they can bitch and whine and complain etc. if they want to- b ut there is no mechanism where they can say "i want to get traded". Thats not how any sports league in the world works.
The "mechanism" is they know how to talk and there is also nothing in the CBA preventing them from asking for a trade.