• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To do what?

Void deals?

Issue fines?

Yeah, obviously with how quickly these deals were made and agreed to, it's obvious they were set up prior to FA. But, how do you, for example, stop an agent from contacting a team to "gauge their interest"?

How do you stop players from contacting each other? Reports are that PG asked OKC to trade him after Kawhi contacted him and asked him to. How do you prevent or punish that?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long is this quick Cavs rebuild going to take?

I’ve asked several times, plus used an example of improving 8 games a year over next 3 years would put them in the exact place they claim you dont want to be.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, obviously with how quickly these deals were made and agreed to, it's obvious they were set up prior to FA. But, how do you, for example, stop an agent from contacting a team to "gauge their interest"?

How do you stop players from contacting each other? Reports are that PG asked OKC to trade him after Kawhi contacted him and asked him to. How do you prevent or punish that?

Easy.
Just end the unenforceable rule.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah......that Lakers roster looked like it was constructed by a blind mute.

I mean was the 2nd best player on that team Brandon Ingram who got suspended during hte first week of the season for being a hot head asshole?

That its a huge surprise that LeBron got hurt when he had no reliable #2 or #3 and was carrying so much of the weight of the team

that it was a huge surprise that Ball got hurt when he is constantly hurt

that the team, full of young guys with mental toughness issues pissed down their legs after being in trade talks?

that their 3rd best player, Kuzma- who is a defensive sieve didnt have a big time impact?

that the corpse of Rajon Rondo wasnt good?

that not getting any shooters to put around LeBron ended up being a bad idea?

that signing mal-contents and low IQ basketball players would backfire?

I mean- as you said--- LeBron was back, the playoffs were on the line and they lost to teams like the Suns, Grizzlies, Hawks and the fucking Knicks. The Knicks and Suns were pathetic and were openly tanking. It was a pathetic shit show- so much that LeBron just quit before the season ended.

I mean - LeBron knew it from the start--- why do you think he demanded the Davis trade? He saw the guys around him- and knew it was severely limited roster.

Blah blah blah. The team knew it from the start; last season was a throw-away with maybe a playoff appearance but no real title shot due to PG getting short-sighted in OKC. Keep acting like the Lakers thought they had assembled the crew they wanted if that helps you sleep at night.

Ingram a hot head asshole? If anything, he is too meek and unassuming.

Lebron got hurt on a misstep that pulled his groin, nothing more. Team effort was beating the Warriors that day, and the team was in playoff position, albeit with a long stretch to go.

Ball turned his ankle when checked/shoved on a cut. Not a repeated injury, not injury prone.

Kids had a negative reaction to the trade talks, but that was only for a few days. Ingram's production spiked after the all-star game until his blood clot issue put him out for the season. Ball was trending upwards prior to his injury. Kuzma's 3% was a step back from the previous season, but still was otherwise effective all season (within his limitations).

Some day you have to get over the fact that Lebron left your Cavs for the Lakers. He isn't going to change his mind. Move on.

Rondo was decent offensively, but a real problem defensively.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta say the Cavs will probably see a playoff game first in that instance...

Idk, there’s some real heifers in them parts. Maybe 3-4 Foster Lager 25 oz will get him over the egde.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy.
Just end the unenforceable rule.

Yeah, the problem would be that you are then allowing teams to openly tamper. But I'm also not sure how you prevent it either. So maybe you're right about just ending it.

Then, when the NBA does try to do something about it, they end up looking stupid when they fine a team because the coach or FO exec said something nice about a player.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve asked several times, plus used an example of improving 8 games a year over next 3 years would put them in the exact place they claim you dont want to be.
I said I thought 3-4 years. And what you don't want is purgatory nearly EVERY year. One year could be inevitable. Not likely a team will go from 20-25 wins to 55+.