• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any team relying on free agents to boost their status is taking a huge huge risk.

Teams relying on the draft are also taking a huge risk.

If you draft a star player, you had better get some talent around him quick, otherwise he's gone at the first opportunity.

I think we all agree that a combination of free agency, trades and the draft is the best way to build a team. It's just a matter of how much weight a team has to put on each.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you draft a star player, you had better get some talent around him quick, otherwise he's gone at the first opportunity.

I think we all agree that a combination of free agency, trades and the draft is the best way to build a team. It's just a matter of how much weight a team has to put on each.
This is true, but first opportunity to bolt is usually 7-8 years away.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said otherwise. Where you seem to be lost is that is the plan when a rebuilding team forfeits their #1 pick if they win too much. And seems you agree it should be the plan yet went on and on debating it.

#doasyousaynotasyoudo

Actually, my positioned has never wavered.
Play to win every game.
Exceptions being towards very end of season.

If trying to win, equates to 19, then so be it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly....no one steps on the floor and tries to lose. Though coaches could be involved with the tank by not always playing the best players in favor of young guys.

Yeah, I think the coaches don't like tanking and if it was entirely up to them, wouldn't do it.

But I think they do understand the purpose and will ultimately do what the FO says.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, my positioned has never wavered.
Play to win every game.
Exceptions being towards very end of season.

If trying to win, equates to 19, then so be it.
You are all over the place......"play to win every game"? So a rebuilding team wants to lose their #1 pick?

And, please, no replies where you show us you do not understand the players on the court try to win.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are all over the place......"play to win every game"? So a rebuilding team wants to lose their #1 pick?

And, please, no replies where you show us you do not understand the players on the court try to win.

Jesus Christ.
Stop already.
Playing to win, when you are less talented, usually equals losing.

So, pretty much you have nothing to worry about as far as losing your lotto odds.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Relying on Free Agency when you know your city is a big time FA destination is more reliable then praying your draft pick becomes a superstar. At least in free agency, you're going after proven players

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ.
Stop already.
Playing to win, when you are less talented, usually equals losing.

So, pretty much you have nothing to worry about as far as losing your lotto odds.
Correct...because they are smart and don't want to lose their top pick as we agree is the right play for a rebuilding team.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct...because they are smart and don't want to lose their top pick as we agree is the right play for a rebuilding team.

Exactly.
Cavs are great.
Cavs have the greatest plan to success.

So, lets all remember to set a reminder for you and @WiggyRuss to tell us when it works.

Until then, can we please stop hearing about it?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the players are not good enough because the front office purposefully decided not to improve the team because they want to tank.

players do not tank

front offices tank- and the Cavs are 100% following the same blue print as they did last time
-renting out cap space to other teams for assets
-drafting multiple young guys and giving them plenty of playing time to develop them/see what they have
-planning on having cap space and bringing in some vets once the young guys are ready- somewhere between 1-3 years from now.

Purposefully? They were turning away interested assets? I doubt that. They may not have chased mediocre additions, bu then again, that is what they ended up adding. If they had the opportunity to add talent, they would've done so, as any team would.