• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again--- the front office consciously provided a roster that they knew could not win.

front offices tank

players do not tank

not sure why you do not udnerstand this.

As i said- if the Cavs wanted to make the playoffs this year they without a doubt possessed the means to improve their team dramatically- but they chose to put out a team that they know will struggle to win games- and thats by design.

Im not so sure though.
Why not trade Love?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. I was just messing with you. Love wouldn't pull anything like that he's to classy.
I didn't think you were, and you are right....though I could see the logic behind moving him, he is a great teammate to have around the young guys.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh? Is "we" Miami? At around 64 wins? But so what...it's a big and unlikely if.

I'd say Cavs' rebuild is a 3-4 year plan.

No.
We is Cavs.
19+8+8+8=43

Thats the plan?
To be the 7-8 seed?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This after you wondered what happens if Miami wins an extra 8 games next 3 seasons?

Kind of a "do as I say, not as I do" guy, aren't ya?

This, after you not comprehending a very simple post.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any reason you didn't ask this after he wondered about Miami winning 8 extra per year next 3 seasons?

Prob not, cause he understood the post vs you being lost.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.
We is Cavs.
19+8+8+8=43

Thats the plan?
To be the 7-8 seed?
My apologies, but I doubt it.

Maybe next season (5-8 more), but I'd say the expectations/plan would be at 43 or so in 2 years (losing the pick they now owe NO) with a bigger leap the next year.

will it work? Who knows....gonna take some luck.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100% with your other comments........only thing to add is as a destination city Miami has not done a whole lot since Lebron left unless their goal is purgatory. Lakers, too, but they seem to be on the upswing.

To be fair, the situation the Cavs were left in when Lebron went to Miami and the situation the Heat were left in when he returned to the Cavs were very different.

When Lebron left the Cavs, they were left with a bare cupboard. When Lebron left the Heat, they still had Bosh and D-Wade. There was talk of a Cavs/Heat ECF and it was a tossup as far as who would win.

But Bosh's clotting issues surfaced and derailed that. In short, when Lebron left the Cavs (both times) they were forced to go into rebuild mode. The Heat were still trying to be contenders.

As for the Lakers, they chose to pay Kobe max money even though he was coming off of a blown Achilles. They still had another max slot, but no one was going to play alongside a Kobe that was no longer a guaranteed deep playoff run.

Folks can debate and still do, whether or not they should have given Kobe the money they did, but it was a choice Jeanie made. When Magic was forced to retire early, he didn't get rewarded with a last big contract and she vowed that it wouldn't happen again to a player who stayed with the Lakers for his whole career. So, when the opportunity came up with Kobe, she stuck to it. Personally, I agree with it, but understand why others might not.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but you'd be wrong.....the players on the court don't try to lose. And no rational person thinks they do.

So then its 100 wasted posts to say what I said in post 1.
Cavs lose because players arent good enough.

#endofstory

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not so sure though.
Why not trade Love?
i think they resigned Love and did not trade him for a few reasons

1. He is a great teammate, and a team player.
2. His game should age fairly well. Not like shooting, passing and rebounding is a function of great athleticism
3. They need someone that the young guys can learn from
4. They need someone so the young guys are not the focus of the other team on defense- you dont want Sexton being double teamed and the #1 option. Not a coincidence that Sexton took his game to another level once Love came back
5. They did not get the value for him that they believe they can get if they wait to trade him. They will only trade him if they get a package that they think is worth it.
6. You can still lose WITH Kevin Love, but giving the team over to 100% young guys and having no one in the locker room that can teach accountability and professionalism is a lesson they learned from the Kyrie/Dion years is a big mistake.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why it was simple as could have been either team. But unlike you I manned up and apologized for the mistake.

You think its reasonable that I would project the Heat to ever win 64 games?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, the situation the Cavs were left in when Lebron went to Miami and the situation the Heat were left in when he returned to the Cavs were very different.

When Lebron left the Cavs, they were left with a bare cupboard. When Lebron left the Heat, they still had Bosh and D-Wade. There was talk of a Cavs/Heat ECF and it was a tossup as far as who would win.

But Bosh's clotting issues surfaced and derailed that. In short, when Lebron left the Cavs (both times) they were forced to go into rebuild mode. The Heat were still trying to be contenders.

As for the Lakers, they chose to pay Kobe max money even though he was coming off of a blown Achilles. They still had another max slot, but no one was going to play alongside a Kobe that was no longer a guaranteed deep playoff run.

Folks can debate and still do, whether or not they should have given Kobe the money they did, but it was a choice Jeanie made. When Magic was forced to retire early, he didn't get rewarded with a last big contract and she vowed that it wouldn't happen again to a player who stayed with the Lakers for his whole career. So, when the opportunity came up with Kobe, she stuck to it. Personally, I agree with it, but understand why others might not.
don't disagree, but Heat had 3 more years after that first season. Also agree Lakers were in a tough situation with Kobe.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think they resigned Love and did not trade him for a few reasons

1. He is a great teammate, and a team player.
2. His game should age fairly well. Not like shooting, passing and rebounding is a function of great athleticism
3. They need someone that the young guys can learn from
4. They need someone so the young guys are not the focus of the other team on defense- you dont want Sexton being double teamed and the #1 option. Not a coincidence that Sexton took his game to another level once Love came back
5. They did not get the value for him that they believe they can get if they wait to trade him. They will only trade him if they get a package that they think is worth it.
6. You can still lose WITH Kevin Love, but giving the team over to 100% young guys and having no one in the locker room that can teach accountability and professionalism is a lesson they learned from the Kyrie/Dion years is a big mistake.

Actually a reasonable post.
Gotta sell tickets, also.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#endofstory
and the players are not good enough because the front office purposefully decided not to improve the team because they want to tank.

players do not tank

front offices tank- and the Cavs are 100% following the same blue print as they did last time
-renting out cap space to other teams for assets
-drafting multiple young guys and giving them plenty of playing time to develop them/see what they have
-planning on having cap space and bringing in some vets once the young guys are ready- somewhere between 1-3 years from now.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't disagree, but Heat had 3 more years after that first season. Also agree Lakers were in a tough situation with Kobe.

Bosh threw Heat plan into fail mode.
Nobodys fault.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#endofstory
No one said otherwise. Where you seem to be lost is that is the plan when a rebuilding team forfeits their #1 pick if they win too much. And seems you agree it should be the plan yet went on and on debating it.

#doasyousaynotasyoudo

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the players are not good enough because the front office purposefully decided not to improve the team because they want to tank.

players do not tank

front offices tank- and the Cavs are 100% following the same blue print as they did last time
-renting out cap space to other teams for assets
-drafting multiple young guys and giving them plenty of playing time to develop them/see what they have
-planning on having cap space and bringing in some vets once the young guys are ready- somewhere between 1-3 years from now.

Ive heard.
Again, tell me when it pays off.
Until then, theyre just a shitty team.