• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overrating him by saying he's much better than 2 guys who might be dome a dozen players or solid role players at best? All because each may have had a moment in the playoffs where they had the type of game Love has been having often for a decade or so?

Then you deflected and brought Klay into the mix as though a comparison with Doncic is the same as one with Collins/Leanord.....or that an ACL tear will be the same now/next season as a hurt toe from which the player is already recovered?

Um.....Ok.

OVERRATING HIM IN GENERAL. EVERY TIME HIS NAME IS BROUGHT UP, REGARDLESS OF SITUATION.

PS: If he missed 60 games with a stubbed toe, he's worse off than I thought.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets are extremely confident in landing Butler. Team sources not only believe the Rockets have a good shot to land the Texas native but also that they have a firm place in the lead for him. Should Butler give a clear indication that he wants to join forces with Paul and Harden, Morey would make the necessary moves to land him and present a four-year, $140.6 million contract.

– via The Athletic

When two expensive, ball-dominant players aren't working together, why not double-down with a third? Houston is going to burn to the ground, get your marshmallows ready...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody ever said those two were on Love's level. I claimed that combined, they had some Love-like games in the playoffs. The stats are there, that much is true. Didn't cost the Blazers $30M and 2 prospects to get that contribution either.

You seem to prefer to deflect these discussions into a straw man argument, arguing against statements never made. We have enough trolls here.

Yeah you did say that but I don't see the point in saying it. My original comment yesterday was Love would be a perfect fit in Portland and he would help the team a lot more than say a couple role players like Collins and Leonard. Those guys averaged 12 and 8 combined. Love as a 3rd option, you could legitimately say they could have beaten or came close to beating GS this past season without KD. Now I am not saying they do, just saying having two role players or a 3rd AS type of player, it's an easy option and it isn't close....it's night and day. Having two role players go off a couple games in the playoffs does nothing for you in the future or being a contender.

I think people forget how nice of a player Love really is especially to a contender. Cavs fans talk about him getting traded bc he really doesn't have much value to this team now bc the Cavs aren't contending. Great guy, love him on the team and he can help develop the young talent as a veteran but if there is a good deal why not take it, for salary purposes mainly.

Point is, Love still has good value to a contender but that contract and injuries is what is holding him back from having very nice value to all teams. I just don't see him being traded though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets are extremely confident in landing Butler. Team sources not only believe the Rockets have a good shot to land the Texas native but also that they have a firm place in the lead for him. Should Butler give a clear indication that he wants to join forces with Paul and Harden, Morey would make the necessary moves to land him and present a four-year, $140.6 million contract.

– via The Athletic

Like I have said before, so you max out your cap with 2 stars, 1 injury-prone all-star caliber player in Paul, two ball hogs and you basically have all minimum guys around that core and a MLE guy. They will have no depth if they lose Tucker, Gordon and Capela...all those guys are pretty damn nice role players imo and help spread the floor (Tucker and Gordon).

Golden St is hurt and KD could be gone. Keep your team!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I have said before, so you max out your cap with 2 stars, 1 injury-prone all-star caliber player in Paul, two ball hogs and you basically have all minimum guys around that core and a MLE guy. They will have no depth if they lose Tucker, Gordon and Capela...all those guys are pretty damn nice role players imo and help spread the floor (Tucker and Gordon).

Golden St is hurt and KD could be gone. Keep your team!

I think Morey's reputation is about to go down the crapper.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bogdanovic is not getting enough love. I think he would be a nice fit with the Lakers. Yes, they need to go after a PG FIRST but he would be a great fit with AD and Lebron imo. Give him $12-14 if you can't find a starting SG like Green/Ross. He can defend too

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OVERRATING HIM IN GENERAL. EVERY TIME HIS NAME IS BROUGHT UP, REGARDLESS OF SITUATION.

PS: If he missed 60 games with a stubbed toe, he's worse off than I thought.
all caps wont change you can't seem to rasp the difference between Doncic and Collins/Leonard and hurt toe/torn ACL

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team sources still believe Jordan wants to return home, and that could strengthen if Capela is moved. He’s still close with Paul, and extremely close with Butler should that move materialize. Last season was a strange one for Jordan, starting out with a one-year max with Dallas and ending with him collecting DNP-CDs with the Knicks. The question remains, which side of 30 is he?

– via The Athletic

So...I assume Jordan would play for the MLE? If Houston gets Butler, the only way Jordan could even go there is on a vet min or some form to the mid-level. He'd be taking a huge pay cut.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...I assume Jordan would play for the MLE? If Houston gets Butler, the only way Jordan could even go there is on a vet min or some form to the mid-level. He'd be taking a huge pay cut.

Yeah at least cut in half. Their MLE is $5.7M but I heard if they released 3 guys that never play the MLE would jump up to $9.2M. Even then DeAndre's salary would be cut in half. He might want a ring at this point though.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bogdanovic is not getting enough love. I think he would be a nice fit with the Lakers. Yes, they need to go after a PG FIRST but he would be a great fit with AD and Lebron imo. Give him $12-14 if you can't find a starting SG like Green/Ross. He can defend too

I'm in the camp that the Lakers, short of signing Kawhi, would be better off passing on every other max guy (including D'Lo with his smaller max around 27 mil) and fill out the roster with other guys. Bogdanovic is the guy I'd like to see the most. Ideally, I'd like to see them still make the moves to maximize their cap space (a little over 30 mil) and spread that around. Devote the most of that to Bog, who is probably gonna command something between 15 and 20 mil). Then I'd love to see if its possible to fill in the rest with Beverley and Jeremy Lamb. Then see if you can get some front court players on the cheap or mid-level like Faried, Noel, or Aaron Baynes if Phoenix does buy him out.

Edit: What I'm most afraid of is the front office is gonna wait around for the max level guys to make a decision and during that time, all those good role players will be signed up elsewhere. The Lakers will be caught holding the bag with just scraps or they'll overpay some B-tier guy

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the camp that the Lakers, short of signing Kawhi, would be better off passing on every other max guy (including D'Lo with his smaller max around 27 mil) and fill out the roster with other guys. Bogdanovic is the guy I'd like to see the most. Ideally, I'd like to see them still make the moves to maximize their cap space (a little over 30 mil) and spread that around. Devote the most of that to Bog, who is probably gonna command something between 15 and 20 mil). Then I'd love to see if its possible to fill in the rest with Beverley and Jeremy Lamb. Then see if you can get some front court players on the cheap or mid-level like Faried, Noel, or Aaron Baynes if Phoenix does buy him out.

Edit: What I'm most afraid of is the front office is gonna wait around for the max level guys to make a decision and during that time, all those good role players will be signed up elsewhere. The Lakers will be caught holding the bag with just scraps or they'll overpay some B-tier guy

If Bog is wanted around $16...Beverly and Bog would be it. Beverly is seeking a 3 yr-$39. So it will be interesting to see how they fiddle with around $28-30M in cap space.

I heard they are only maxing out their cap space if they can get Kawhi.