• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to the "if he leaves Charlotte" caveat? Is it now assumed that the Hornets will not offer him a max extension?

Who knows? I wouldn't accept it even if they did tbh.

Charlotte is going nowhere.

Accepting a max from Charlotte basically means you don't care about winning.

I'm sure he will get a really good contract from Boston and get to play basketball in mid-late May

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DLo is in play if the Nets renounce his RFA rights. Brogdon will not be renounced and the Lakers would have to wait for the Bucks to decide whether or not to match, leaving the options severely reduced if they don't get him. RFAs, as a result, can't really be an option unless all their top options don't pan out.

Yeah good point, that would set the Lakers back not knowing. I think that even limits their options more. Looks like all the top PG's are going to other destinations, DLo is the only unknown at this point.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows? I wouldn't accept it even if they did tbh.

Charlotte is going nowhere.

Accepting a max from Charlotte basically means you don't care about winning.

I'm sure he will get a really good contract from Boston and get to play basketball in mid-late May

He seemed willing to accept less to stay in Charlotte. Some guys want that career-long relationship with one team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seemed willing to accept less to stay in Charlotte. Some guys want that career-long relationship with one team.

Seems like he had a change of heart lol.

That's career-long relationship with one team is fine if you're at least making the playoffs frequently and winning a series every once in a blue....basically what Dame is doing with Portland

I believe Charlotte made the playoffs 3X since Kemba got there. Think they got swept 2X and never made it out of round 1

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah good point, that would set the Lakers back not knowing. I think that even limits their options more. Looks like all the top PG's are going to other destinations, DLo is the only unknown at this point.

Since the ball is going thru Lebron in most cases anyway, the Lakers could use a PG like Beverley or Seth Curry, as the starting PG won't be under pressure to run the offense. The concept of taking the ball out of Lebron's hands apparently is a non-starter, lol.

The RFA I'm interested in is Tomas Satoransky of the Wizards, but again I don't know the league-wide interest (or the Wiz' interest) in him or if he's even on the Lakers' radar.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like he had a change of heart lol.

That's career-long relationship with one team is fine if you're at least making the playoffs frequently and winning a series every once in a blue....basically what Dame is doing with Portland

I believe Charlotte made the playoffs 3X since Kemba got there. Think they got swept 2X and never made it out of round 1

Oh I agree, it would be a terrible decision and not in the best interest of the franchise OR Kemba to stay. Too bad they can't get some compensation in return, even if minor. Of course, they could just sign Rozier.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't about the argument details, it's about your reasoning flip-flopping when it's your own guy.
My own guy is being compared to dime a dozen players. If you were comparing Love to Doncic I'm putting Doncic ahead. Stay focused my friend.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree, it would be a terrible decision and not in the best interest of the franchise OR Kemba to stay. Too bad they can't get some compensation in return, even if minor. Of course, they could just sign Rozier.

Yeah I would be sick if I'm Charlotte. They had so many opportunities to trade Kemba the last 2 trade deadlines. To lose him for nothing would suck

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My own guy is being compared to dime a dozen players. If you were comparing Love to Doncic I'm putting Doncic ahead. Stay focused my friend.

You're the one losing focus in the minutiae. The overall concept is injuries hurting your future value. You claim that Klay is on the decline without even knowing the outcome of his injury, but that Love's trade value is strong despite yet another season lost to injuries and now at his highest salary to date.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope that's not the one as cannot imagine what they'd be offering for him that would be an upgrade (for the future).

Maybe Lebron is trying to get him moved.

Is this sarcasm and my wake and bake caused me to miss it?

Unless he was coming to the Lakers...Why would Lebron want Love in the West? Especially on a team that is a possible playoff opponent.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the one losing focus in the minutiae. The overall concept is injuries hurting your future value. You claim that Klay is on the decline without even knowing the outcome of his injury, but that Love's trade value is strong despite yet another season lost to injuries and now at his highest salary to date.
You are losing it and all to avoid, as usual, saying your logic was way off base.

First, if he needed to play today, Klay could not and it looks like he's out most of next season with a severe injury. Love could play today and as of now should start camp with everyone.

Second, I never said his trade value was strong. I simply refuted the notion Collins and/or Leanord are on his level (I'd say the same of middling players being compared to Klay, as well).

If you aren't sure about something, just ask...no need to just make it up as you go. I would hope you are better than that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this sarcasm and my wake and bake caused me to miss it?

Unless he was coming to the Lakers...Why would Lebron want Love in the West? Especially on a team that is a possible playoff opponent.
sarcasm

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Beverley Reportedly Seeking Three Years, $40MM

Free agent point guard Patrick Beverley is said to be seeking a three-year deal in the $40MM range, reports Tim MacMahon of ESPN (via Twitter). According to MacMahon, the Mavericks, Bulls, Lakers, and Clippers are expected to be among the suitors for Beverley.

Although Beverley earned just over $5MM last season, it’s no surprise that he’ll be seeking a substantial raise. ESPN’s Zach Lowe and Bobby Marks recently suggested that the point guard would likely earn more than the mid-level ($9.25MM), with Marks predicting that Beverley’s annual salary could end up as high as $14-15MM. A three-year, $40MM contract would be worth about $13.3MM annually.

The Mavericks have previously been cited as a probable suitor for Beverley, with one reportsuggesting that the two sides viewed one another as a “perfect fit.” As MacMahon notes, Beverley’s agent Bill Duffy also represents Luka Doncic and is “intrigued” by the possibility of pairing his two clients in Dallas. The Mavs project to have more than $29MM in cap space.

The Bulls and Lakers have also been linked to Beverley, with reports indicating that there’s mutual interest between the veteran point guard and his hometown team in Chicago. The Bulls project to have about $23MM in cap room and reportedly want to use some of it on a point guard. The Lakers’ situation remains very much in flux, but Beverley would make sense if the club plans to split up its cap room (likely $24-32MM) on two or three players.

The Clippers, of course, would have interest in bringing back Beverley after he averaged 7.6 PPG, 5.0 RPG, and 3.8 APG with a .407/.397/.780 and great defense in 78 games for the team last season. Like the Lakers though, they’ll be pursuing bigger fish, so there may be timing issues if Beverley wants to make a quick decision.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are losing it and all to avoid, as usual, saying your logic was way off base.

First, if he needed to play today, Klay could not and it looks like he's out most of next season with a severe injury. Love could play today and as of now should start camp with everyone.

Second, I never said his trade value was strong. I simply refuted the notion Collins and/or Leanord are on his level (I'd say the same of middling players being compared to Klay, as well).

If you aren't sure about something, just ask...no need to just make it up as you go. I would hope you are better than that.

Nobody ever said those two were on Love's level. I claimed that combined, they had some Love-like games in the playoffs. The stats are there, that much is true. Didn't cost the Blazers $30M and 2 prospects to get that contribution either.

You seem to prefer to deflect these discussions into a straw man argument, arguing against statements never made. We have enough trolls here.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody ever said those two were on Love's level. I claimed that combined, they had some Love-like games in the playoffs. The stats are there, that much is true. Didn't cost the Blazers $30M and 2 prospects to get that contribution either.

You seem to prefer to deflect these discussions into a straw man argument, arguing against statements never made. We have enough trolls here.
correct...you said they had Love like performances, I said they were not close to his level, and instead of saying "you're right" you deflected.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correct...you said they had Love like performances, I said they were not close to his level, and instead of saying "you're right" you deflected.

Whatever. You are overrating your own team's players, as everyone does.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever. You are overrating your own team's players, as everyone does.
Overrating him by saying he's much better than 2 guys who might be dome a dozen players or solid role players at best? All because each may have had a moment in the playoffs where they had the type of game Love has been having often for a decade or so?

Then you deflected and brought Klay into the mix as though a comparison with Doncic is the same as one with Collins/Leanord.....or that an ACL tear will be the same now/next season as a hurt toe from which the player is already recovered?

Um.....Ok.