• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny Anderson is worth 800K?

What an idiot.....LOL.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They choose to blame Leonard...but perhaps they shouldn’t have gone after him if they weren’t ready to move on if they didn’t get him.
Wouldn't have said Shit, if they had a mouth full of it, had he chosen them.

Sour grapes.

Clearly, he had a preference in the Clippers.

However, if he had closed the door on the other teams, why didn't he sign with the Clippers from the Jump?

Because he wasn't sold.

LeBron signed with the Lakers with no guarantee of a 2nd Star.

Kawhi wasn't doing that.

Had the Clippers not traded the farm for George, Kawhi would be a Laker.

* pukes *

Toronto?

Well, there was smoke about him fleeing to the Clippers while he was with the Spurs.

I thought winning would matter more than it did.

But, they can't move Toronto to SoCal.

So, not much more they could have done to entice him.

I thought he would stay.

But, it's his life and I'm overjoyed to have him.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree.
Where are they going to play?
Are they flying commercial?
So many more obsticles.
How many months, years is the planning going to take.

Bottom line, you need compromise, BUT, end of day, the 30 billionaire owners can live without NBA generated income.
A huge percentage of NBA players would need to look for UPS driver jobs if there was as extended holdout.
You think Larry Ellison isn’t dying to own a team. Or any number of billionaires around the US?

You’re right it may take time to get venues and things like that but if you’re worried about flights and lodging that’s the easy stuff to work around.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh? These guys would get far more guaranteed if there was no franchise tag placed on them. would players want it? Of course not. League would have to give them something.
I’m like 99% sure we’re arguing the same point so not sure why you said Huh

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Larry Ellison isn’t dying to own a team. Or any number of billionaires around the US?

You’re right it may take time to get venues and things like that but if you’re worried about flights and lodging that’s the easy stuff to work around.

Of course that type of thing( hotels, flights) can be worked around, but the premise, in general, would be crippling to the players.
The main source of revenue is generated by TV.
Without those types of contracts in place, there couldn't even be a beginning point.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Hilarious movie.

Reactions: GNG

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how much leverage they really have. Plus many of them do it for the fame, and you aren't really getting that overseas.

Are you fucking kidding?

A washed up Stephon Marbury became a fucking icon when he helped a Chinese team win a title.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst time for sports all fucking year.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little off topic (when has that ever stopped me before?) but this looks good:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how much leverage they really have. Plus many of them do it for the fame, and you aren't really getting that overseas.

It might not be a lot of leverage, but it's still leverage and it's more than NFL players have.

Plus say Lebron left your team to go to China, you going to stop watching the lakers? I think the NBA doesn't need the star as much as the star needs the NBA. Overseas, would also dilute the stars because some might go to China and some might go to Russia, Germany Etc...So most fans still won't watch imo

Unless I missed something, we're talking about a strike or lockout. So there wouldn't be a Lakers game for me to watch.

Plus, the top stars may not be the ones going overseas. A player at Lebron's level could quit right now and as long as he doesn't do anything stupid, he would never have to work again and his family would be set for generations.

But for players who aren't at that level, playing overseas could be a viable option while they wait out an extended strike/lockout.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My best friend is going through it in Brooklyn.....it's 97 but with the humidity he says it feels like 115.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might not be a lot of leverage, but it's still leverage and it's more than NFL players have.

Unless I missed something, we're talking about a strike or lockout. So there wouldn't be a Lakers game for me to watch.

Plus, the top stars may not be the ones going overseas. A player at Lebron's level could quit right now and as long as he doesn't do anything stupid, he would never have to work again and his family would be set for generations.

But for players who aren't at that level, playing overseas could be a viable option while they wait out an extended strike/lockout.

Using Lebron for any example pertaining to finances is a moot subject. He has a life-time contract from Nike and also has already set up several business ventures out in LA and is already worth a half billion. Off the court, he'll likely be the next Magic. If the NBA were to fold up shop tomorrow, he'd be more than fine.