• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking.

Deeeeeeeaaaaaaaad....lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, that's why most guys talk outrageous but at least at times they act like they know what we are talking about. It has gotten to the point where Hollins just might be really really dumb. I haven't heard him say once thing where he actually sounds like he knows what he is talking about...kinda like @buckalis maybe buckalice is Ryan Hollins. Holy deepshit!!

For an up and comer in the industry, sure, you develop your own schtick like Skip Bayless. Ryan Hollins is brought in as a former player because he's supposed to understand the game significantly better than guys like Will Cain (see Tim Leggler). But the fact that Will Cain bodies this dude in just about every single NBA topic is laughably bad. If that's your schtick, to be so bad that people just laugh at you, then damn.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For an up and comer in the industry, sure, you develop your own schtick like Skip Bayless. Ryan Hollins is brought in as a former player because he's supposed to understand the game significantly better than guys like Will Cain (see Tim Leggler). But the fact that Will Cain bodies this dude in just about every single NBA topic is laughably bad. If that's your schtick, to be so bad that people just laugh at you, then damn.

Legler is so damn underrated. He is one of the best analyst in the sport by far.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legler is so damn underrated. He is one of the best analyst in the sport by far.

I'd even say he covers his sport better than any other analyst. Maybe there's someone I'm overlooking, but Leggler's solid. That's who Hollins should be trying to become. But, he's just an idiot.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now losers like Carmelo Anthony and Dwight Howard are open minded to signing with the Lakers:L

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Him and Doris Burke the only two people at ESPN who know their shit when it comes to NBA Basketball. Such a shame neither of them get the air time they should.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also feel like Stephen A Smith knows his shit when it comes to basketball, but also knows he has to interject his personality into things to make it a bit more spicy for content. So there's like a curve with which his insight actually comes into play a lot of times.

Others like Will Cain, Skip Bayless, etc., just don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

I actually like Richard Jefferson as a personality too. Feel like he's one of the more level headed guys especially with that NBA pedigree. Jay Williams, Ryan Hollins, Damon Jones are all fucking terrible.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually guys in all sports like Hollins who are journeymen, tend to be great analysts - Dan Orlovsky, Tim Leggler, etc... Hollins missed that boat apparently.
no one gave him the memo.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mostly agree. But if a fanbase understands why the team is tanking and believes that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't an oncoming train. It's probably not so bad.

If, for example, a team decides to tank and rebuild mainly through the draft (especially those that don't have a choice) and fans can see the team gradually improve. It can be fun watching the young players develop.
Well said.

Different sport but one of the biggest issues with the Browns before 2016 was never committing to a full teardown. Bungling picks hurt, of course, but they continued to sign the Paul Krugers and Donte Whitners of the world to win an extra meaningless 1-3 games.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanking, to me, is finding reasons to not play your best players.

No player on the court, tries to lose.

So, if your young players are your best players, and your future, then you are just losing.

Its one thing to lose.
Another to hope to lose before season even begins.

I can understand finding reasons to sit players last <10 games or so if your at that point trying to improve your lotto odds.
Pretty much agree....I do think some think tanking is actually stepping on the court and trying to lose, which is not the case. The guys on the court are trying. As you alluded, they might play younger guys who aren't as good as vets, but are part of the future.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also feel like Stephen A Smith knows his shit when it comes to basketball, but also knows he has to interject his personality into things to make it a bit more spicy for content. So there's like a curve with which his insight actually comes into play a lot of times.

Others like Will Cain, Skip Bayless, etc., just don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

I actually like Richard Jefferson as a personality too. Feel like he's one of the more level headed guys especially with that NBA pedigree. Jay Williams, Ryan Hollins, Damon Jones are all fucking terrible.
Love Richard Jefferson. Was so hoping he's become the Cavs' next play-by-play guy, but figured he was too talented and would get a national gig.

Level headed, will offer opinions and also has a great sense of humor/personality. Channing Frye, as well.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,841.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Payne joining the Raps on a 2 year deal.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,841.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tHoop's Broussard bringing in the very late FA deals.....