• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a betting guy, but that's enticing. I doubt the Clips win ANY titles with their current roster. Kawhi isn't an instant championship; he just so happened to join a Raptors team that needed exactly what he had to offer (and then bolstered that with Gasol, etc).

Explain why Pelinka doesn't know what he's doing? Exactly what has he missed out on?
he's also joining a pretty damn good clippers lineup as well. it'll be interesting to see how he and george hold up. but Lou Will, Harrell, Bev, Shamet, Green, Zubac, Harkless, is nothing to sneeze at.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Central: The Houston Rockets are trying to land Russell Westbrook in a possible 3 team deal, per @WindhorstESPN. Russell Westbrook supplied a ‘short list’ to OKC of teams he wishes to play for and Miami is at the top of the list.
The Houston Rockets are trying to land Russell Westbrook in a possible 3 team deal, per @WindhorstESPN

Russell Westbrook supplied a ‘short list’ to OKC of teams he wishes to play for and Miami is at the top of the list. pic.twitter.com/DfEOIg0IUD

— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) July 11, 2019

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's an excellent chance that we start next season with a top 10, and top 15 NBA player,as well as keep the majority of the talent we have now.
If so, you think that equates to "limited ceiling and no real hope of winning anything substantial "?
Also, IF , that happens, then the Heat jumps right back in the equation for any vet minimum player or buyout player during the season.

When the Heat has no stars, you rip that process, if they get stars, you say they are garbage.

You really are pathetic, jealous or both.

You just keep on hoping for sucking, lotto balls, and having to use the word "someday", but we all know that day only came because of one word, LeBron.
and how much success has the Heat had without Wade?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trust me. Arison was cheap. Miller, giving away first rounders to save money, not using the mid level exception.

LeBron took a discount and then saw the owner pocketing the profits and that made him skeddadle right outta town and leave the Heat in the state they are still in today--- IRRELEVANT.

Basically all you're saying is LeBron won the Heat titles, then he won Cleveland one, and now hw's gone from both franchises and they are BOTH irrelevent.

You think the Cavs bottoming out like Philly process will work....maybe it will, but probably not. Because Philly is a place that can bring in FAs when it's time to make the push, and Cleveland is not unless the FA was born there.

It is the only reasonable thing for Cleveland to try, that's clear. Miami doesn't necessarily have to go full Philly Process to get back in the mix. If you asked Vegas to give odds on which team will win a ring first, it's Miami over Cleveland all day. Simple common sense.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They used to attract free agents on a grand scale

Show me where this happened. Lakers have always been capped out and acquired their stars via trades (other than Shaq and now Lebron). Otherwise, it was MLE signings and veteran minimum contracts.

There never used to be revenue sharing. The CBA has added feature after feature to help small markets and as they are the majority, will likely continue adding.

If there are all these owners so much wealthier than the Lakers' ownership (which is NOT just the Buss family, btw), why do they need NBA welfare? If your city won't support your team, move. Odds are, if your city ISN'T supporting your team, it's because the product sucks. Lakers fans show up even when times are tough. There are a few regions that just don't support sports teams well, despite the size of the market (I'm looking at you, Florida), but for the most point quality brings ticket and merchandise sales, which should be more than enough to run your franchise.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only one was a spectacular bust. Though he has proved to be more useful than Anthony Bennett- thoguh, the alternatives to Bennett were not really awe inducing (Len, Noel, McLemore, Gilbert wanted Oladipo but the FO thought he was too redundant of KI).

but overall, no surprise Beasley turned out to be what he turned out to be- great athlete, ten cent head.

He also wanted Draymond Green after talking to Izzo.....probably why he meddles in the draft?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who said anything about a hurry? Just said if you really want RW and OKC says Herro or no deal then silly not to include Herro.

Disagree. If you believe that much in Herro, find a different PG target. Westbrook is not exactly going to propel the Heat to the finals.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially when the Cavs just finished a 19-win season.....and got the 5th pick in the lotto.
after 4 years in The Finals. You thinking in our market we should be relevant again in year 1 after losing Lebron?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexton and Garland could be Irving/Waiters all over again if you think about it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is gonna be a bust. He will never live up to #3 pick. I mean he could be productive but for how they were talking him up....a bust.

I don't wish it on the kid just for me to be right..just not a fan

RJ Barrett's Summer League Stats Are Brutal So Far

He’s 7 for 33 from the field, with 10 turnovers and two assists in two games, playing 69 combined minutes. He did have a double double last game supposedly but he was 2 for 8 from 3. He is a cannon, one of those guys that is just going to never stop shooting no matter what...now if he was a great shooter that's fine but he isn't. I honestly hope he turns how to be a great pro though.
while it's hard to put much into playing well in summer League, playing poorly can certainly be a red flag.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess you didn't know he's over your shoulder right now looking at your books...

My guarantee is he went to some shitty law school, has massive loan debt, and a salary that would be unlivable anywhere decent S. Florida.