• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,871.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering Kyrie won CLE a championship that isn't a bad thing...Garland could very well be compared to him. Sexton arguably had a betterrookie year than Waiters' best year and he has been in the league for 8 seasons lol.

The point was 1 had to be dealt....the Cavs aren't winning a ring in the next 8-10 years.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did that by keeping the team near his birthplace, and you know it.

Odds are Cleveland doesn't win another title for decades.
Agreed that is true......but the team could have been in his actual back yard and if he didn't think he could win he would not have come back. Hope you know that.

I would not bet on them winning another title in my life without changes in the CBA.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe that much in Herro after a handful of Summer League games?

I didn't say I did. If Miami wants to keep him out of discussions, they must like him that much. That would be based on their scouting much more than a few Summer League games.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically all you're saying is LeBron won the Heat titles, then he won Cleveland one, and now hw's gone from both franchises and they are BOTH irrelevent.

You think the Cavs bottoming out like Philly process will work....maybe it will, but probably not. Because Philly is a place that can bring in FAs when it's time to make the push, and Cleveland is not unless the FA was born there.

It is the only reasonable thing for Cleveland to try, that's clear. Miami doesn't necessarily have to go full Philly Process to get back in the mix. If you asked Vegas to give odds on which team will win a ring first, it's Miami over Cleveland all day. Simple common sense.
Cavs are DEFINITELY irrleevant right now.....but they wont be forever if they build right.

Heat will be irrelevant for the long haul if they keep operating how they are operating. What is the definitin of isnaity? doing the same thing over again and again and expeecting different results? Sure seems like thats what the Heat is doing- being a capped out mess incapable of doing much besides once in a while making the playoffs and getting shellacked- at least since lebron left that is.

As i said -riley doesnt have the time to really do it right- so this is his approach, and its going to leave him going out a loser--- that his last success will be solely built on LeBron James' shoulders, which is pretty funny if yo uask me.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really comparing the Cavs franchise to Lakers, and seeing more hope, in the future with the Cavs?

You literally are a great troll or insane.
My money is on LA.....but that's because of location, not smarts.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if he gets RW to go along with Butler after they "had no way to improve their team", your words verbatim.
if they trade away a bunch of their young assets to go from being the 7th or 8th seed to being the 6th seed and win nothing of consquence and lock themselves into Butler and RW making 80 million + between the two of them, i will be laughing my ass off.

but at this point, after trading for Butler, ya gotta go all in even if there is little hope of making any real noise- they are pot committed

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm just laughing at the insipid little clownfish because he keeps pulling the "incompetent FO" card and Pelinka just together a possible winner...

I mean, the utter hatred...:lol:
Anyone who thinks the Cavs only won because Lebron is from here should also believe your FO would only have success because they work in an area Lebron wanted to play.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My money is on LA.....but that's because of location, not smarts.
my point was smarts count a LOT more than they used to--- hence the Lakers not winning a playoff game for 7 straight seasons when that would have been unheard of.

Their sales pitches and pathetic analytics department tell the same story as well- they think the brand is enough- when its just not anymore.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's blake fault he never had a title contending team?

And just because they're title kryptonite doesn't mean a Russ/blake pairing can't be successful either

If Blake was better, being paired with CP3 should've been a much stronger contender than they ever were. He's empty stats, fools gold IMO. Russ is much the same, but did actually reach the finals with Durant (and I would argue held back Durant to some degree from getting there more often).

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that you're already questioning how long they'll hold up is a big issue. So is Playoff P's poor showings in big games. Most of those names above would be great as bench players, but a few of them will have to start. Is Shamet ready? Is Zubac ready for big minutes? Harrell and Bev should be fine. Doesn't scream multiple titles to me.
shamet started last year on a team that made the playoffs and should have no problem slotting in with 2 mvp candidates. i only mention how they'll hold up as the only potential issue the team could face. granted, they're only in it for 2 years at the moment, right? not like it's a long term commitment.

on the other side, are lakers screaming multiple titles to you? is james going to come out with another 5 shows and a movie this year? i'd also be concerned with davis holding up.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say I did. If Miami wants to keep him out of discussions, they must like him that much. That would be based on their scouting much more than a few Summer League games.
Didn't say you did either.....was referring to the Heat. They believe that much in him after a handful of Summer League games?

If they thought that highly of him (to make him the reason not to get RW) you really think they just wait and hope he falls to them and don't move up to get him?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.....not much success. You realize when it's asked what the Cavs have done without Lebron one can also find the answer with google?

But I count 3 playoff series wins for each team without their star since the Heat came into existence.

You were saying?

Heat came into the league 87-88, Cavs 70-71 ( i think).

Are you for real?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shamet started last year on a team that made the playoffs and should have no problem slotting in with 2 mvp candidates. i only mention how they'll hold up as the only potential issue the team could face. granted, they're only in it for 2 years at the moment, right? not like it's a long term commitment.

on the other side, are lakers screaming multiple titles to you? is james going to come out with another 5 shows and a movie this year? i'd also be concerned with davis holding up.

Davis is only 26 and has played 75+ in his last 2 seasons, excluding last year when he was sat down to preserve his trade value. How many teams can deal with a PF/C of his stature? Quality bigs are rare in the NBA today. Look how far Giannis got his team, and he's still very raw and doesn't have a reliable jumper yet. Add Lebron to Giannis and give him a jumper. Are they the immediate favorite to make the finals in the East?

People just don't understand the kind of player Davis is, as he's been kept under wraps in the armpit of the USA his entire career.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Blake was better, being paired with CP3 should've been a much stronger contender than they ever were. He's empty stats, fools gold IMO. Russ is much the same, but did actually reach the finals with Durant (and I would argue held back Durant to some degree from getting there more often).

Empty stats lol. That's a ridiculous claim. Blake biggest issue beek injuries.

How far are you honestly expecting a team to go when the 3rd best player was DeAndre Jordan in the midst of the warriors dynasty run?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is only 26 and has played 75+ in his last 2 seasons, excluding last year when he was sat down to preserve his trade value. How many teams can deal with a PF/C of his stature? Quality bigs are rare in the NBA today. Look how far Giannis got his team, and he's still very raw and doesn't have a reliable jumper yet. Add Lebron to Giannis and give him a jumper. Are they the immediate favorite to make the finals in the East?

People just don't understand the kind of player Davis is, as he's been kept under wraps in the armpit of the USA his entire career.
what team are we talking about now?