• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I knew what was gonna happen in February,” he said. “We all knew that (Durant and Kyrie Irving would go to Brooklyn). Everybody knew that. I just don’t think the media knew that. Us basketball players, we all knew that.”
(No, he won’t tell you how he knows. Even players don’t reveal their sources. “I’m not going to leak my source,” he said. “But we all know where they were going. I’m protecting mine, but we all knew where they were going.”)— Bobby Portis
It certainly explains the appearance that Kyrie had checked out on being a teammate and team player in Boston well before the end of last season.

Also explains Kyrie as the main source of friction in the Celtics locker room. If the other guys knew he had other plans... why the heck would they put up with his attempts at "leadership"?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maxresdefault.jpg

That's probably how it looks coming out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broussard saying Detroit is the place

It's official Russ is headed to Miami

I mean it's to the point should we just act like whatever Broussard says is equal to some random guy off twitter lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly explains the appearance that Kyrie had checked out on being a teammate and team player in Boston well before the end of last season.

Also explains Kyrie as the main source of friction in the Celtics locker room. If the other guys knew he had other plans... why the heck would they put up with his attempts at "leadership"?
Come on, Man....

We have been hearing this Kyrie and Durant Shit for almost a full Season.

It's what pushed his lying ass to say he was staying in the first place.

You telling me all those people just guessed right?

All the smoke about Kawhi to the Clippers they just GUESSED right?

They knew.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not what I said at all.
this is what you said......"THe Lakers always seem to get in the room and that matters a lot. Even if they come up short."

well, I guess by exact words you did not say "they mattered as much" so my apologies but you did say "it matters a lot" which doesn't seem to be too far off.

Getting in the room only matters if you seal the deal.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was per tlance who said something to the effect of meetings matter almost as much as actually getting the player.

I don't know about mattering almost as much as actually getting the player. But I don't think that was his point.

The point was, you can't get the player if he won't even meet with you.

The Lakers got a meeting. They didn't get the player. Neither did Toronto.

But there are what? 27 other teams that didn't even get a meeting. So, even if you don't think the Lakers had much of a chance, it was more than 27 other teams had.

Personally, I don't think Kawhi intentionally "played" the Lakers (but I also don't think he was exactly "heartbroken" that he hurt their chances of getting better players around Lebron and AD).

What has been reported out here is that, as late as Friday morning, Doc thought that Kawhi was going to the Lakers.

To be fair, and assuming that is true, it could be more a product of how secretive Kawhi is (if this basketball thing doesn't work out, he'd be a great National Security Adviser lol) because it's also been reported out here that even some of his handlers didn't know all of the details on what he was doing.

Having said all of that, I'll say this about Kawhi...I guess there's a rapper who has a line in a song that says "Real bad boys operate in silence" (or something like that) and Kawhi showed himself to be a real bad boy. lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about mattering almost as much as actually getting the player. But I don't think that was his point.

But there are what? 27 other teams that didn't even get a meeting. So, even if you don't think the Lakers had much of a chance, it was more than 27 other teams had.

Personally, I don't think Kawhi intentionally "played" the Lakers (but I also don't think he was exactly "heartbroken" that he hurt their chances of getting better players around Lebron and AD).

What has been reported out here is that, as late as Friday morning, Doc thought that Kawhi was going to the Lakers.

To be fair, and assuming that is true, it could be more a product of how secretive Kawhi is (if this basketball thing doesn't work out, he'd be a great National Security Adviser lol) because it's also been reported out here that even some of his handlers didn't know all of the details on what he was doing.

Having said all of that, I'll say this about Kawhi...I guess there's a rapper who has a line in a song that says "Real bad boys operate in silence" (or something like that) and Kawhi showed himself to be a real bad boy. lol
He wanted the Clippers.

But, not by himself after the Davis trade.

If the Clippers didn't find him a co-star, he was going to the Lakers.

Yes, he stalled you to give his first choice the chance to meet his conditions.

But, I believe he would have signed with you had the George trade not happened.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No doubt you need the meeting to get the player (I wont go with Cap. Obvious pic). But for the most part being in LA gets them their meeting when they get one. Not like it takes a skill.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds nice in theory, but did they allow this AFTER these players actually signed?

Not sure what you are implying but we are just now getting to the point where anyone can actually sign. I guess you want to think the thunder are doing something wrong lol.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you are implying but we are just now getting to the point where anyone can actually sign. I guess you want to think the thunder are doing something wrong lol.
You guess wrong......I'm just wondering if OKC did anything that implies they were doing a favor to the player. If he had already signed then, yes, they were. If not, they weren't.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You leave Magic alone.

Dude has been my most favorite Laker ever....

....and that was even before his big mouthed ass leaked Kawhi right into Jerry West's waiting arms.....lol

Yeah you LOVE him even more now!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly recovered nicely.

Roster could've been better. But what's the saying "You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take."?

Yeah, I was really on the fence about recruiting Kawhi. As much as I liked the idea of Lebron, AD and Kawhi being Lakers and then continuing with AD and Kawhi when Lebron retires...I also liked the idea of splitting up the cap space among several "next tier" guys.

Once they made the commitment to go after Kawhi, they really had no choice but to play it out all the way to the end. Doing that and not getting him is better than if they had tried to put a time limit on him and then find out they could have had him if they had just been more patient.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guess wrong......I'm just wondering if OKC did anything that implies they were doing a favor to the player. If he had already signed then, yes, they were. If not, they weren't.

Apparently agreements mean nothing to you. All I’m saying is the thunder gave players the option to rethink their commitments, jeez.