• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they don't take Herro and Bam (we need youth and a 3-point shooter) than I'm good. They'll have to take Dragic and they'd want to take Winslow since he's a good asset. But we don't exactly have draft picks left to give out and we have 2-year deals to hand out like James Johnson, etc..

Keep JJ. Give them Leonard.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5d23b70591aafa89e024436c

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers and 11 other teams are at a workout for Amar'e Stpudemire and Monta Ellis.....could be our 15th player.....

Meh. Christian Wood backed up AD for the Pelicans last year, I'd go with him (if available for the vet min of course). He may get more than that from the Pels though.

No need on Korver either. He's a TOSB and the Lakers have enough guards and wings already.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to be strategic. The Lakers have to 2 top 5(at worst 7) players in the NBA. If they were recruiting me and I knew I was going somewhere else, I'd string them along as much as possible to prevent them from getting other players. It would make no sense for Kawhi to have announced immediately for the Clippers (if they had PG in place) and allow the Lakers a lot of time to get the next tier of FAs.

Yeah, just remember that this supposedly reserved player just signed on for 4 years of abuse from the majority of LA for pulling this move.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Thunder are now letting their free agents they made agreements with back out if they want. So far Alex Burcs moved on to the warriors and Muscala is staying.
sounds nice in theory, but did they allow this AFTER these players actually signed?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've obviously disagreed with him before but I thought this one was out there.

Yeah I don't think he's saying it's more important to get into the room then actually landing a free agent you're after. I think he's saying it's important though, which there's some validity.

But it's reading situation's with particular FA's - for example, we got a meeting with KD back in 2016. But most Heat fans knew we weren't going to land him in FA since our roster was locked in and we weren't set up to win. We got the meeting because it's Miami and Pat Riley of course.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't think he's saying it's more important to get into the room then actually landing a free agent you're after. I think he's saying it's important though, which there's some validity.

But it's reading situation's with particular FA's - for example, we got a meeting with KD back in 2016. But most Heat fans knew we weren't going to land him in FA since our roster was locked in and we weren't set up to win. We got the meeting because it's Miami and Pat Riley of course.
Pretty sure I never claimed he said "more" important.

I also think it matters.....but they got the meeting because they are LA (similar to Miami getting meeting with KD). But LA had the cap room and are set up to win. And he still wouldn't come.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I knew what was gonna happen in February,” he said. “We all knew that (Durant and Kyrie Irving would go to Brooklyn). Everybody knew that. I just don’t think the media knew that. Us basketball players, we all knew that.”
(No, he won’t tell you how he knows. Even players don’t reveal their sources. “I’m not going to leak my source,” he said. “But we all know where they were going. I’m protecting mine, but we all knew where they were going.”)— Bobby Portis